Cbr 500Cc Leaked Pic

greg71

Not sure exactly what is going on, but it seems that bikes will be taxed according to CC. It looks like this is on top of the existing 7% tax, as the CBR 500 already included the 7%, but now costs an additional 5%.

But Brian, if cbr500 price you mentioned states 214 k but honda bigwing priced it at 210 k now.

How come? So they do not reflect all the increase to consumers?

Any ideas?

Shame on politicians doing this to us! They want to drown us with shoe box eco cars instead!

Sent from my GT-P1000 using Thaivisa Connect App

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

With is new tax increase does that mean I the value of my bike has gone up. And I can ask for a higher amount?

You can ask for any amount you want.

But, yes, if your bike is a newer model bought in the last year or two and has been affected by the tax increase, the resale value will also have gone up, typically by the same % as the price increase.

With is new tax increase does that mean I the value of my bike has gone up. And I can ask for a higher amount?

You can ask for any amount you want.

But, yes, if your bike is a newer model bought in the last year or two and has been affected by the tax increase, the resale value will also have gone up, typically by the same % as the price increase.

It is a newer model but not effected by the new tax because I've bought it a year and a half ago. I will ask for the extra amount. Thanks

Edited by blackpanda

Time to buy Chinese laugh.png

I once saw on another forum that CBR was Chinese Build Racer. The forum complained that so much Honda parts are now produced in China that the product is Chinese...

Personally I have no opinion, but still...

But still.......

RIGHT!!!!

sent from my Q6

Thailand is being forced by ASEAN agreements to lower its very high rate of corporation tax. It is looking around to raise tax revenue other ways.

I bet Honda was pleased the band fell at 500 cc and not, say, 350 cc. wink.png

Yep, very lucky that... Just as their new 500cc models were released as well - uncanny :)

Jesus, can anyone please tell me what is the current price of CBR 500R in BigWing? They took prices out from the website. And how it affected the deposit. Before you could pay 10-20-30k what about now.

Call them.

I'm pretty sure that no one here works in their financing department.

Edited by cbrer

Jesus, can anyone please tell me what is the current price of CBR 500R in BigWing? They took prices out from the website. And how it affected the deposit. Before you could pay 10-20-30k what about now.

Go to Big Wing and ask.Its around 200,000baht

Well the thai government certainly has no inclination of making Thailand some sort of big bike paradise. I guess now that many more bikes are sold locally, they figure they can make some money off of a group of people so diverse it has no political influence.

You'd think the likes of Honda and Kawasaki would be against it but then again, under the new rules they're still the value leaders.

Pure speculation but I believe this might also have something to do with a general tax push in preparation for a free trade agreement with the EU sometime in the next 2 years. That is going to happen. And it will mean a big loss of revenue so they're going to have to get it another way.

PS: Not in Chiang Mai right now but very impressed that Big Wing has actually already opened - wow!! A few weeks ago this was all bare concrete slabs...

I see that the Thai government has cut

individual income taxes as well as corporations.

It is actually a good way to stimulate their own economy a bit.

Also first major tax change in over 20 years

It is too bad such a large increase is thrown at larger motorcycles though.

But as others have said, I guess they need to make it up elsewhere.

http://www.kpmg.com/...ert - Dec20.pdf

It suck that the tax went up. But then again taxes go up all the time, everywhere. For use that really want this bike then just think its only a little bit more. It's still going to be cheaper than America and Europe. Plus we are getting them sooner. Just look on the bright side at least we are not having to pay another 20% on top of 200k/ish price tag.

It sucks for those getting big bikes thou.

I do hope Honda BigWing puts up the new prices in their website. Last I checked the CBR 500 wasn't working and the CBR 1000rr was still 799,000

Are you sure about that?

Old rate 3% New rate 5%

Price increase 2.87%

Predicted price increase due to tax changes = (105/103 x 100) - 100 = 1.94%

This, of course, assumes that they are not using the wacky multiplier method where the stated rate of tax is far less than the real rate. I hope we don't need to go there. It will blow people's minds.

Edited by Briggsy

Hey sup3r1or

Good news, The CBR 500 series have only gone up 6,000 Baht not 20,000 so you don't need to wait a few months.

Briggsy, I just got off the phone with BigWing. Iam buying in credit since I cant afford to pay 210k at once. It has only gone up in price 6k but if you want in credit, Bigwing told me the initial deposit went up from 30k to 50k now.

It suck that the tax went up. But then again taxes go up all the time, everywhere. For use that really want this bike then just think its only a little bit more. It's still going to be cheaper than America and Europe. Plus we are getting them sooner. Just look on the bright side at least we are not having to pay another 20% on top of 200k/ish price tag.

It sucks for those getting big bikes thou.

I do hope Honda BigWing puts up the new prices in their website. Last I checked the CBR 500 wasn't working and the CBR 1000rr was still 799,000

Totally agree. Sucks that a Diavel is now close to 1M. But hey who knows maybe Duc gets new BOI concessions in return or they absorb some of the tax like Honda did... we"ll see.

But - it never made sense that cars were taxed out the wazoo, while big bikes were not taxed at all (apart from VAT). 100k rebate on a new small car is a rebate on the excise tax, which should make it clear that the excise tax on the smallest car in thailand is more than 100k baht.

Impact on locally made bikes seems to be minimal so far - 6000 baht on a new Honda isn't really worth getting aggravated about. Can check somebody with Kawasaki?

And well, imported bikes are now even more unaffordable. I am just guessing they'll come down when the Japanese FTA goes into effect - that is as the Japanese FTA reduces import duties by 10% every year I suppose that the 20% increase in excise tax is an effective 10% increase on price over 2012. And since the importers have been very , very, very , very sloooooow in passing on those 10% reductions to customers, maybe nothing is going to change at all? It would seem like they have a lot of leeway there. Maybe they want to take the money - but that's up to them. And there'll be a FTA with Europe.

Totally agree. Sucks that a Diavel is now close to 1M. But hey who knows maybe Duc gets new BOI concessions in return or they absorb some of the tax like Honda did... we"ll see.

Impact on locally made bikes seems to be minimal so far - 6000 baht on a new Honda isn't really worth getting aggravated about. Can check somebody with Kawasaki?

I think duc & all corporations in Thailand did get a break

along with individual income tax payers. Including working in Thailand Expats

( On income taxes )

I checked with Kawasaki Chiang Mai yesterday & they said they will not know for sure till the new year.

On the other hand I guess if a Bike dealer felt they were doing well & do in fact get a break at the other corporation income taxation end

they could lower *their* list price by 6k for instance on the 500 & less cc sized bikes to make up for the increase to consumers? smile.png

Edited by mania

I guess it it is a good thing the CBR 1000 is actually 999cc. It should get the 10% rate instead of the 20% rate.

That is a good point smile.png

But they better change the name to the CBR999RR to be safe ;)

Edited by mania

Stop the Press:

Pattaya Kawasaki are charging the old price on their models if you get in this week. I can't believe it but this is what the sales staff plainly said. I even queried it.

e.g. er6n at 254,000; next week it goes up to 279, 500.

Back-dated receipts?? I don't know how they are doing it but it could be your last chance. Someone might owe me a drink.

Edited by Briggsy

Stop the Press:

Pattaya Kawasaki are charging the old price on their models if you get in this week. I can't believe it but this is what the sales staff plainly said. I even queried it.

e.g. er6n at 254,000; next week it goes up to 279, 500.

Back-dated receipts?? I don't know how they are doing it but it could be your last chance. Someone might owe me a drink.

I think that is basically true anywhere

Bikes bought in 2012 are not affected