Cbr 500Cc Leaked Pic

greg71

But I ain't seen chicken strips that thick since, err,If you mean LL's bike? I think he did good for those IRC tires.In this recent post the last two are pics are of his tires up closehttp://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/625425-superbike-magazine-racing-academy-krangkracharn-curcuit-16-17-march-2013/#entry6214227

Mania you are faster than me.

But my stock tires are a set of dunlop sportmax d222. Better than ircs but still stock cost effective tires with OK response at least 3 times better than ircs.

Edited by loserlazer

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

question.. Can the Honda 500's run on E20 like the Cbr250?

The CBR250 can run on E20.

Jaysus, how much engine-knock does that cause? huh.png

Absolutely none. As it's designed for it..... strange I know rolleyes.gif

It is?

I use 95 gas on mine, 91 and I get engine knock.

How is the engine designed for it? Thailand is only a tiny market for the bike on a global scale, do the big markets also have E20 (US, E.U. and Aus.)?

Edited by Almera

^^ Nice.

But I ain't seen chicken strips that thick since, err, (add a KFC and black person joke here).

Only joking man. Oddly enough I've only seen one of these around BKK and I do around 50km p/d in the city. Compared to around 10-15 different N250's.

Then check that too almera:D

And it is not a joke!

A good 4 inches. :(

And it is not a joke!

So

Jaysus, how much engine-knock does that cause?

Absolutely none. As it's designed for it..... strange I know

It is?

How is the engine designed for it? Thailand is only a tiny market for the bike on a global scale, do the big markets also have E20 (US, E.U. and Aus.)?

Wow. Ever heard of ECU tuning? Try using E20 after a few hundred km's see if you have knocking. I ONLY use E20. I don't chop and change. Maybe that's the difference. Or could just be I don't hear it through the ear plugs and helmet!

And it is not a joke!

So

Jaysus, how much engine-knock does that cause?

Absolutely none. As it's designed for it..... strange I know

It is?

Wow. Ever heard of ECU tuning? Try using E20 after a few hundred km's see if you have knocking.

So the Thai ECU is tuned differently to the ROW? (source?), or are you saying something different?

I ONLY use E20. I don't chop and change.

I've never once used it.

Maybe that's the difference. Or could just be I don't hear it through the ear plugs and helmet!

cheesy.gif

what octane is E20 anyway?

Edited by Almera

A bit off topic, but out of interest I looked up my CBR250 manual. I have the English one (downloaded from the Honda site from Malaysia or Australia, forget which).

And:

cbrgas1.jpg

Then looked inside the Thai one that came with the bike, and it does indeed say that you can use E20.

Does anyone know if AP Honda has specially adjusted fuel tank and fuel lines, and adjusted whatever it is Honda feel will give it 'poor drivability'

It seems there are really only 3 cases, and each one is odd:

a) Thai Honda have spent money and gone to a lot of trouble to make the bike run on E20 by specializing the gas tank and fuel system.

b ) Honda are overstating the problems it would cause.

c) Thai Honda didn't do anything and are slightly fibbing in their claims.

Anyone know if AP Honda have a different tank and fuel lines the the rest of the World? :huh:

The European models of the CRf don't seem to have the condensation cylinder attached the fuel system ,I know this doesn't affect what fuel you can run but it shows there ate slight variations between the different country mOdels

• Like 1

A bit off topic, but out of interest I looked up my CBR250 manual. I have the English one (downloaded from the Honda site from Malaysia or Australia, forget which).

And:

cbrgas1.jpg

Then looked inside the Thai one that came with the bike, and it does indeed say that you can use E20.

Does anyone know if AP Honda has specially adjusted fuel tank and fuel lines, and adjusted whatever it is Honda feel will give it 'poor drivability'

a) Thai Honda have spent money and gone to a lot of trouble to make the bike run on E20 by specializing the gas tank and fuel system.

Anyone know if AP Honda have a different tank and fuel lines the the rest of the World? huh.png

Personally i think 2. Here in Thailand E20 is a legal regulated fuel.. Maybe in other markets there is a bit of a Hooch fuel used.

Edited by thaicbr

Tranferred bikers brake caliper protector and shock protectors/sliders last night to my cbr500 from my cbr250. They fit perfectly.

Now only part left that i can transfer is the center cap of triple master clamp. But i do not have tools to make that at home.

I will sell the rest of cbr250 bikers stuff. I am so sad that front pegs did not fit:(

post-114750-1364290777338_thumb.jpg

post-114750-13642907929526_thumb.jpg

post-114750-13642908023546_thumb.jpg

post-114750-13642908362847_thumb.jpg

Okay after having spent a week riding CB Superfour, Iam leaning more and more towards trading in my CBR500 for one of those second hand or something around that price category that has a bit more power. The torque I get from that CBS400 is amazing not to mention the sound

And:

cbrgas1.jpg

Anyone know if AP Honda have a different tank and fuel lines the the rest of the World? huh.png

E20, E85 or pretty much anything rated over E10 is not good for a vehicle not rated to use it. This has been studied for over 10+ years in America, other countries have studied it and or are in the middle of their own study with the same results so far. The reason mostly is because the fuel system which are injectors, fuel pump, gas tank, fuel lines, fuel filter (if you have one) and seals are not rated to survive very long with that amount of corrosive alcohol or ethanol. Your bike or other vehicle may run on the stuff but in time the fuel delivery system could start leaking rapidly shortening the life of your vehicle and of course fuel leaks cause fires, bad for environment, etc. Also the CAT convertor can be destroyed over time because the unburned ethanol/methanol eats away the precious metals, to some this isn't a concern but I personally like taking care of the environment the best I can and the way the vehicle was designed. Why pollute the world any more than we have to, I don't see that the 1-3hp gain is significant to impact the performance of a vehicle to justify removing the CAT, my opinion of course, yours may vary?

Your question in regards to fuel tanks and lines in the rest of the world..... The answer is yes they do, each country has it's own specific regulations governing vehicle requirements but it's hard to figure out what is what, even the color of the blinkers is regulated, thickness of windshield, etc.

E10 has been certified to run in any fuel injected (benzene, gas) car in the USA no matter if it's from the 70's, 80', 90's, etc. It was determined that 10% didn't degrade the fuel system, there is a reason vehicles have stickers or disclaimers stating what recommended fuel to use in your vehicle and it's not just because they don't want you to use the fuel, it's because they didn't design the vehicle to use it. You can burn peanut oil in a diesel powered vehicle, doesn't run perfectly but it runs, doesn't mean because it runs it's good to use it... They were doing this in Africa years ago when they had a fuel crisis.

You can find these studies on the internet, they are public domain, just search google, bing, or any other favorite search engine you like.

Love my CBR500R - perfect bike for driving around town, plenty of power for me and very easy to park. I can't see anything wrong with the bike, I have zero issues with it except the brake in the front sometimes makes a grunt noise when engaged cold but the bike stops really well, this is normal, even car brakes make a grunting sound when coming to a stop even when the brakes are hot. Wife wants to learn how to drive it, it's not so big and heavy to be intimidating to really anyone. Is it a super-sport, no way, but it looks good, rides good and goes great. Lastly I have no issues with vibrations like I did with the 650 Ninja and 650 Versus, (bought both new) those two motorcycles vibrate you to death at higher speeds compared to this bike, CBR500 is a pretty smooth machine, my hand has not gone numb yet even after 2 hours driving at 110kph on the highway.

Take care and all the best.

Edited by commande
  • Like 1

Okay after having spent a week riding CB Superfour, Iam leaning more and more towards trading in my CBR500 for one of those second hand or something around that price category that has a bit more power. The torque I get from that CBS400 is amazing not to mention the sound

So you are going to sell your brand new bike and buy a 15-20 year old bike,,,ok!

What colour is your bike? how much you want for it?

I honestly can't see how a 15-20 year old bike is gonna be more enjoyable to ride and own than a brand new bike with basically the same power output,I think superior is just sold on the sound the bike makes ,seems a really strange choice to me.

The official CBR500R owners manual in English language recommends the following fuel blends;

- fuel being pure petrol,

- fuel containing 10% ethanol (gasohol) by volume,

- fuel containing 5% Methanol by volume.

For additives Honda recommends unleaded petrol, RON 90 or higher... (all fuel in Thailand is unleaded).

The official Honda CB 500 series English (CBR500R, CB500F, and CB500X) manuals can be downloaded from my website...

Edited by Richard-BKK
  • Like 1

>Okay after having spent a week riding CB Superfour, Iam leaning more and more towards trading in my CBR500 for one of those second hand or something around that price category that has a bit more power. The torque I get from that CBS400 is amazing not to mention the sound

So you are going to sell your brand new bike and buy a 15-20 year old bike,,,ok!

What colour is your bike? how much you want for it?

If it's around 200k baht, it's going to be a lot newer than 15-20 years old. :)

Nice long post Commande,

The question is though, what has AP Thai Honda done to the CBR250 sold here that makes E20 perfectly okay for it, when models sold in every other market are warned not to use anything over 10%.

Are they really fitting models sold here with different tanks and fuel systems?

good luck for you superior on changing the bike, i hope you do not regret your decision on trading a 20 years old bike with a brand new one as sure you spent time and money at the mechanic besides, you get 90's technology on 2013 - 4 carbs, double rear shocks, a cradle chassis from 70's , a petrol addict engine and a round headlight, no fairing too so no wind protection.

Besides, they have nearly the same power.

Anyway, wish you the best on this.

good luck for you superior on changing the bike, i hope you do not regret your decision on trading a 20 years old bike

CB400's that cost around 200k baht are not 20 years old.

One would of course be also trading an unproven and totally new Made in Thailand p-twin, verses a bullet proof tried and tested Made in Japan 4 pot, that (I am guessing here) would be 5 years old or under? (200k baht)

Edited by Almera

Nice long post Commande,

The question is though, what has AP Thai Honda done to the CBR250 sold here that makes E20 perfectly okay for it, when models sold in every other market are warned not to use anything over 10%.

Are they really fitting models sold here with different tanks and fuel systems?

The answer is yes they did make some changes for the Thai market bike, they designed the fuel system to handle E20 fuel which will be different seals, different fuel pump, different rubber hoses, lined fuel tank or maybe even a different metal type, etc. If you are wanting a specific list of parts I would suggest that the only way is to obtain a parts book for a Thai model versus a model for another market that is not rated at E20 usage. Compare the fuel system parts for the different regions and make a list. Other than that I would think it would be impossible to really know for sure everything that is different.

Edited by commande