Cbr 500Cc Leaked Pic

greg71

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

A month!!! And people talk about imports being a pain in the neck... You'd have thought Honda might have had a rough idea how many mechanics/workshops they'd need to service the number of bikes they would sell. Amazing.

It really is amazing!

As said, if they are refusing to even change the oil and filter, do it yourself or get it done elsewhere. Try to find the part number for the oil filter and try to order it yourself.

I remember the same nonsense with the CBR250 and there being no oil filters in stock for months and months, luckily it was the exact same as the Ninja 250 so people had to go to Kawasaki and order the N250 filter.

The lack of foresight on their part though is astounding.

this valve clearance check is a pain in teh ass for them. It takes around 3 hours and i am not sure how they can handle this on 1200 bikes!

I am sure lots of riders went for touring during Songkran and reached 1000 km quickly:)

God bless i got the 1000 km check so my next valve clearance in on 12k km i think.

The CBR500 requires valve clearance check at 1000km and 12,000km? :huh:

Sounds a bit odd.

Gotta say that is terrible for Honda to have a month waiting list I can see this problem growing aswell if they are selling alot of these bikes ,it's not gonna look good in your service book when you could have anything up to 3-4000km before your first service is done

Besides not good looking, you also lost your warranty then i guess :)

If that Honda shop is behind due to the time it takes for valve checks,They should do the oil & filter changes & reschedule the valve check portion.New bikes should not be forced to do a couple extra thousand KM's on the first runoil as it is the worst the bike will likely see in its lifetime.If you cannot get an appointment either change it yourself or go elsewhere to at least have thatoil & oil filter changed.

Thanks mania I was just about to ask if it was any harm to the bike if I waited abit more and put a few more extra km on the bike so I'm glad you gaved new this advice to atleast change the oil and filter :)

You know I asked the manager of service department even in front of his mouth main mechanic and they said it's not important to change the oil and filter yet!

How can someone representing honda give you this crap to advice!!

I got nearly 1200km on the clock now and at the end of next month I will easily have passed 2000km if I take the little beast on a few trips!

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

This service issue makes kawasaki look like a better deal even if more money. If you hit 1000k and now have to wait a month for your service. I guess your bike has to sit because of possible warranty issues? In the usa you can do the service yourself and not have a issue but here who knows?

This service issue makes kawasaki look like a better deal even if more money. If you hit 1000k and now have to wait a month for your service. I guess your bike has to sit because of possible warranty issues? In the usa you can do the service yourself and not have a issue but here who knows?

Yeah totally agree that its nonsense to wait 1 month for just the 1st 1000km service. But I wouldnt go to kawasaki either! Their customers service isnt much better than hondas! Its worse I heard!

Dont know how good there english is but i would ask to speak to the top guy there and explain your concerns about warranty issues and service stamps in relation to kilometers travelled,lay it on thick tell him you are wanting to go on a big three week tour with the bike and you need it serviced at least oil change this week.

If that dont get you anywhere i would contact honda headquarters that will get some asses kicked

Sent from my GT-P7500 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

• Like 1

Thanks mania I was just about to ask if it was any harm to the bike if I waited abit more and put a few more extra km on the bike so I'm glad you gaved new this advice to atleast change the oil and filter smile.png

You know the main reason is never is your oil so dangerous/dirty as the 1st change.

Reason being if there are any metal shavings due to break-in of some parts it is the 1st oil

change that will carry the bulk of it.

This is the period that rings & other parts are seating for the first time with the resulting

by-product waste

So yes get the filter & oil changed at least on time if not earlier wink.png

Edited by mania
  • Like 1

Yeah totally agree that its nonsense to wait 1 month for just the 1st 1000km service. But I wouldnt go to kawasaki either! Their customers service isnt much better than hondas! Its worse I heard!

From personal experience i never had to make a appointment with kawasaki for a oil change. Never had any other issues so i cant comment anymore about their service. ninja 250, dtracker 250 & z1k

You know I asked the manager of service department even in front of his mouth main mechanic and they said it's not important to change the oil and filter yet!

Well that was time to pull out your camera phone and ask him to repeat it, while also getting him to including his name and position.

• Like 1

Well that was time to pull out your camera phone and ask him to repeat it, while also getting him to including his name and position.

Hahahaaa!! He wouldn't say that twice on camera ;)

From personal experience i never had to make a appointment with kawasaki for a oil change. Never had any other issues so i cant comment anymore about their service. ninja 250, dtracker 250 & z1k

Kawa Rama 9 one had to book ahead. Around 2 years ago.

My cousin wanted to book a service for his ER6N last October and was told nearly a one month wait there.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Honda CBR500r, 1st service done at 935Klm - drove to Big Wing Pattaya, treated like a king and they started the service immediately. Took 2 hours due to value clearance checks and adjustment. Drove away, went to lunch after service completed very satisfied. Free water, coffee and internet while I waited in the air conditioned environment....

They did everything to spec, walked me out and went over everything with me before service and after service. Honestly I almost passed out with the quality of service, never have I had it this good in Thailand... Obviously your experience may vary, it's Thailand... smile.png

Edited by commande

The service i got from Honda Bigwing is superb until now, no problems at all.

And i made my 6000 km service without any appointment as well. I normally just drive in and all is good for me of course it depends on your communication skills and understanding of Thai people and culture. So, if you go there and shout at them or be rued to them, you never get a proper service on time and it is same all over Thailand.

Besides, i asked them about this delays on 1000 km service. They told me that they hired 3 more mechanic to solve the problem still two months of waiting list.

Still, they clearly told me that they do the oil and filter change and normal inspection for 1000 km service and only leave the valve clearance check to the end of June or July and definitely, it does not void the warranty if you drive your bike more than 1000 km as i made my 6000 km service when my bike is over 7500 km.

Poor guys there working hard as they said, they never estimate that many sales of 500 series in Thailand. Still a good business have to guess and think everything - problems etc - in advance and act accordingly so they fail to do that but anyway, which business do this in Thailand 100 percent?

Of course Kawa does not have this type of long queues as they do not have a valve clearance check on 100 km. But still, i hear my friends like sometime 2 weeks sometime a month waiting for Kawa service too.

This valve clearance check is an overkill imo for Honda.

hi everyone again!

Of course could not wait 21 days for posting something here:) as my ban is removed i think two days ago.

Why did u get a ban? Got to see you post again haha i have been missing your hate posts ;)

Honda CBR500r, 1st service done at 935Klm - drove to Big Wing Pattaya, treated like a king and they started the service immediately. Took 2 hours due to value clearance checks and adjustment. Drove away, went to lunch after service completed very satisfied. Free water, coffee and internet while I waited in the air conditioned environment....

They did everything to spec, walked me out and went over everything with me before service and after service. Honestly I almost passed out with the quality of service, never have I had it this good in Thailand... Obviously your experience may vary, it's Thailand... smile.png

only problem with that is the valve clearance should be done on a COLD engine

It was done on a COLD engine, only takes an hour for the engine to cool off smile.png - of course I am considering cold as the current temperature outside in a self contained workshop with no direct sunlight and after a large shop fan has been blowing on the motor for an hour; they changed the oil and adjusted everything else during that first hour of time. Last thing they did was valve check which required replacing 3 of the valve shims because they were out of spec based on Honda recommendations. At 95 baht each no worries.

Edited by commande

They did everything to spec, walked me out and went over everything with me before service and after service. Honestly I almost passed out with the quality of service, never have I had it this good in Thailand... Obviously your experience may vary, it's Thailand...

It was done on a COLD engine, only takes an hour for the engine to cool off - of course I am considering cold as the current temperature outside in a self contained workshop with no direct sunlight and after a large shop fan has been blowing on the motor for an hour; they changed the oil and adjusted everything else during that first hour of time. Last thing they did was valve check which required replacing 3 of the valve shims because they were out of spec based on Honda recommendations. At 95 baht each no worries.

Good to know valve shims for 95 bath each. :)

It was done on a COLD engine, only takes an hour for the engine to cool off smile.png - of course I am considering cold as the current temperature outside in a self contained workshop with no direct sunlight and after a large shop fan has been blowing on the motor for an hour; they changed the oil and adjusted everything else during that first hour of time. Last thing they did was valve check which required replacing 3 of the valve shims because they were out of spec based on Honda recommendations. At 95 baht each no worries.

They charged you for valve shims on a 1000km service?

Honda CBR500r, 1st service done at 935Klm - drove to Big Wing Pattaya, treated like a king and they started the service immediately. Took 2 hours due to value clearance checks and adjustment. Drove away, went to lunch after service completed very satisfied. Free water, coffee and internet while I waited in the air conditioned environment.... They did everything to spec, walked me out and went over everything with me before service and after service. Honestly I almost passed out with the quality of service, never have I had it this good in Thailand... Obviously your experience may vary, it's Thailand... only problem with that is the valve clearance should be done on a COLD engine It was done on a COLD engine, only takes an hour for the engine to cool off - of course I am considering cold as the current temperature outside in a self contained workshop with no direct sunlight and after a large shop fan has been blowing on the motor for an hour; they changed the oil and adjusted everything else during that first hour of time. Last thing they did was valve check which required replacing 3 of the valve shims because they were out of spec based on Honda recommendations. At 95 baht each no worries.They charged you for valve shims on a 1000km service?

Its standard on the NEW Honda range of engines.

Sent from my i-mobile i-STYLE Q6