Cbr 500Cc Leaked Pic

greg71

Question, so the new CB500 have a 9000RPM rev limiter?

if so, that really really sux! 

anybody now, if there any way to remove it? Im planing to buy a big bike by the end of the year... 

in that case I might just for a Z250, assuming it does not have rev-limiter...

I'll say go and rent it a day in Pattaya and you should now if that bike is for you or not. The engine is designed to have its redline at about 9k rpm so it's not restricted.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

• Like 2

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Does anybody know if there is any way to remove it? Im planing to buy a big bike by the end of the year...

in that case I might just go for a Z250 or Ninja 250, assuming they don't have this stupid rev-limiter...

It's limited around there, but because that is the end of the rpm range. It's a low revving bike dressed to look like something different.

Rent each model you're interested in for a day.

Edited by Salapoo

Does anybody know if there is any way to remove it? Im planing to buy a big bike by the end of the year...

in that case I might just go for a Z250 or Ninja 250, assuming they don't have this stupid rev-limiter...

you will choose a bike that has 20hp less ONLY because it can rev higher ?

noobs always amuse me

@xastunts: You need to learn Bkk traffic better me thinks.

I used to ride my Honda Airblade scooter to work in Bkk everyday and back for about 4 years. This involved Sukhumvit rd, Rama IV, Silom rd or maybe Sathorn rd sometimes. Some of the busiest roads in Bangkok. These trips were in morning rush hour traffic. I then bought a new Honda CBR150 and for 2 years, I arrived at work much faster. Yes that's right, even fast than on my scooter. I now have a new Ninja 250 that is even wider and heavier than the CBR. I now arrive at work even faster. I know, it's quite unbelievable. The Ninja can cut between cars just as easy as my scooter but also much faster. Those little bursts of quick acceleration that you may need to get into gaps between cars that emerge is a big advantage compared to a scooter. And when the traffic does open up a bit I am gone, leaving the scooters far behind, which can make all the difference when you need to make the changing green lights etc. But there are other riders that I see passing me by in Bkk morning rush hour traffic and they are usually riding Ninja650s or ER6Ns.

In conclusion, you have no idea what you are talking about and/or you need to improve on your city riding skills.

scooters versus 150's versus 250's versus 650's

that sounds like a proper rat race to me, glad i do not have to commute anymore....smile.png

What's the news about full system exhaust for the cbr 500 at the moment? I know we got big wings moriwaki and mugen, and k speed have their crappy bizumo and cng (slip on). Any news from corse exhaust? If you check on YouTube there is a black two brothers pipe on the cbr.

Leo vince gp corsa full carbon :

Two bros looks really good imo. But it's a bit to quite. Maybe with the full system it will sound abit better.

2hp gain at 5000k rpm though :)

Yoshi is the way but corsa is also good quality. But no lwo vince no yoshi or two bros in thailand yet for sale.

I think ur wrong there loser! ;)

I saw a video on YouTube that had a link to a thai shop a fb page link. Let me check later if I find it and I will post it here. I had the leovince lv2 evo something like that it was called both slip on and fullsystem offered.

But im already dreaming on my pipe now! Its for sure its gonna be the black carbon 2 bros pipe. Looks and sounds awsome. Just a slip on and dont need to worry about the ecu reprogramming and changing the fuel maps. Two brothers is the way to go!!

just post the link here.

but leo vince corsa is made in indonesia but leo vince lv is a good product.

2 bros is OK but i will go for a full system. now waiting for power commander to release an ecu for cbr500r. They have already one they use in junior cup cbr500r bikes but they are trying to get rid of O2 sensor full and then they will release it, maybe a month or so.

just post the link here.

but leo vince corsa is made in indonesia but leo vince lv is a good product.

2 bros is OK but i will go for a full system. now waiting for power commander to release an ecu for cbr500r. They have already one they use in junior cup  cbr500r bikes but they are trying to get rid of O2 sensor full and then they will release it, maybe a month or so.

Isnt the full system about 5 to 7hp gain at the most and the slip on about 1.5 to 2hp gain?

And changing the ecu and playing with a power commander says good bye to the warranty for sure!! I heard that with a fullsystem its using much more fuel to. I guess its good if ur doing race on track but just for normal riding and cruising I think we dont really need a full system.

But maybe I should wait then?

Anyway im sure I wanna get the two bros slipon the black carbon looks and sounds fukkin awsome

If i were you guys, i dont beleive everything i read.:lol:

Cbr500r is definitely fun and sporty. Get the rear shock hard and make the fork firmer, it goes perfectly. And it will handle better once i change the tires to pirelli.

Engine is also fun. Yes i like to rev an engine too until 12 k rpm as it should rev more. Still it always feels fast and enough everytime you need it.

funny they did not complain regarding brakes especially front as it is a weak point of cbr500.

Quick shifter is a big bonus for kawa300 though and sure it is more nimble than cbr500r.

Both good bikes at the end.

But cbr500r lmo gives a better price/capability.

Edited by loserlazer

If i were you guys, i dont beleive everything i read.laugh.png Cbr500r is definitely fun and sporty. Get the rear shock hard and make the fork firmer, it goes perfectly. And it will handle better once i change the tires to pirelli. Engine is also fun. Yes i like to rev an engine too until 12 k rpm as it should rev more. Still it always feels fast and enough everytime you need it. funny they did not complain regarding brakes especially front as it is a weak point of cbr500. Quick shifter is a big bonus for kawa300 though and sure it is more nimble than cbr500r. Both good bikes at the end. But cbr500r lmo gives a better price/capability. Sent from my GT-N7100 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

I own a CBR500r, I honestly don't think the review was bad, you can improve any bike with some money say tires, shocks etc. Brakes, I don't think they are bad at all, I can almost stand the bike on it's nose before the ABS kicks in, I tried it so I could figure out how and when the ABS functions. I personally like bikes that you don't have to rev to the moon to get them to go, especially in city driving, low end torque at a low RPM is nice, they are easier to drive, my opinion of course this being said I am certain the Kawa is fun but its not for me.

Edited by commande

I personally like bikes that you don't have to rev to the moon to get them to go, especially in city driving, low end torque at a low RPM is nice, they are easier to drive, my opinion of course this being said I am certain the Kawa is fun but its not for me.

This is the thing

Both good bikes....Both different bikes with different characteristics.

Both suit needs & both will be very popular

Thais part did make me laugh out loud though

but the two-piston Nissin up front can put the CBR on its nose easily—abetted by very good ABS.

We think the Ninja’s brakes will do the same thing, but you use them so seldom that we can’t really remember.

Only because it is so true. There is so much engine braking available you really do not touch the brakes in

the twisties unless you want a full stop

Edited by mania
  • Like 1

There is not a lot of engine braking on the Honda 500's unless you downshift and don't slip the rear tire. No slipper clutch so actually very easy to do if you get overly aggressive in your downshifting :)...

Agree with the rest..

Rode a buddies Ninja 250 today, been so long since i rode one i forgot how smooth it is... so much smoother than that monstrosity of an unlubricated sewing machine my CBR 250 is.

Ran out of gas today too ! It appears that with 2 people on the CBR 250 the gas tank float got stuck or something, no flashing low fuel indicator or nothing...just st...sta..stal...stall...stalle...stalled - at around 245 kilometers.

an orange fanta bottle did the trick to get gas, always thought they would melt but didnt.

Is the CBR 500 smooooooooth like the Ninja 250 or is it more thump, vibrating and shaking like the CBR 250 ?

There is not a lot of engine braking on the Honda 500's unless you downshift and don't slip the rear tire. No slipper clutch so actually very easy to do if you get overly aggressive in your downshifting smile.png...

Agree with the rest..

Well the 2013 250 Ninja I have does not have the slipper clutch.

But as a byproduct of an engine that likes to run in the 9-12k rpm range

engine braking is plentiful.

Does make for nice spirited rides through mountain twisties as your mainly just

working gears & using throttle control to modulate speed & use engine braking as needed

Edited by mania

500 series Honda's are actually very smooth, much smoother than their 250 counterparts. I have ridden both to include the Kawa and have to say my personal opinion the Honda 500 is the smoothest running twin in this class of bike I know. You want smoother you will have to go smaller single like a small motorbike or pay a lot more money for a high end twin or even better go with a 4 cylinder, they are very smooth - 6 cylinders are the ultimate in smooth though, zero vibration but they get HOT so really only good for touring. The 650 Kawa, lot more vibration but again it's another bigger twin.

Edited by commande

KRS1 Pekky across Kad Seu Kaw is now renting all three Honda 500 models.

They also are running a special.

I think it is 999 a day.........

Maybe you can swing a deal for 4 hours on each model? smile.png

They are not renting as most folks dont know they rent bikes yet

Pekky Motor Rent Tel. 088-252-4939

Edited by mania
  • Like 1

noobs always amuse me

Yes I would. HP means nothing unless you can ride on highways, which you cant in Thailand.

I know the CB500 has a very good torque curve, specially low end RPM, and it Im sure that engine will last a lot longer. it was designed for that.

you are the noobs, so <deleted>

post-165989-13699620436591_thumb.jpg

Yesterday I been to collect my green book at big wing pattaya and I saw they wrong about number of cylinders

I want ask if anyone in this community had same problem and if you think it could bring me some trouble???

Thank you in advance

attachicon.gifImageUploadedByThaivisa Connect Thailand1369962093.463936.jpg

Yesterday I been to collect my green book at big wing pattaya and I saw they wrong about number of cylinders

I want ask if anyone in this community had same problem and if you think it could bring me some trouble???

Thank you in advance

Yes it is a problem, you need to take the book back to Big Wing and have them get it corrected for you. Happened to me to, they had to reissue a brand new book for the bike, I didn't read your book, they listed mine as 150cc - 2 cylinder and not 471cc - 2 cylinder. Mine didn't take long to have corrected, your experience may vary though smile.png...

Edited by commande

noobs always amuse me

Yes I would. HP means nothing unless you can ride on highways, which you cant in Thailand.

I know the CB500 has a very good torque curve, specially low end RPM, and it Im sure that engine will last a lot longer. it was designed for that.

Okay, so what matters in the city is Torque of which the 250 also has less. In general your choice of bike in the 250 range will have to be at a constantly higher RPM to maintain any power or speed. It might sound good to you and if you like that sort of thing great, the 500 series doesn't require a high RPM to produce decent power and another direct benefit at least to me is that it also doesn't produce as much vibration so it's a much smoother ride both in the city and on the highways. People like different things though, get what you like and enjoy to the fullest.

Edited by commande

Posted ImageImageUploadedByThaivisa Connect Thailand1369962093.463936.jpg

Thank you in advance

Looks like it has been corrected already.

But only corrected in the typically lazy Thai bureaucratic style. Brand new bike and book should not be altered by hand and stamped.

Sent from my i-mobile i-STYLE Q6

attachicon.gifImageUploadedByThaivisa Connect Thailand1369962093.463936.jpg

Thank you in advance

Looks like it has been corrected already.

But only corrected in the typically lazy Thai bureaucratic style. Brand new bike and book should not be altered by hand and stamped.

Sent from my i-mobile i-STYLE Q6

I would take it and have them issue you a brand new book, you don't want any issues in the future and anything hand written into a Green Book as a correction would seem questionable. You try to sell the bike in the future you don't want any issues and who is to say the person that did that manual correction will even have that same job years from now and even if they did would remember that they are the ones who hand wrote that into the book... Don't think you will have any issue with this request, have Honda sort it out for you, this is part of the service you paid them for.

Edited by commande

noobs always amuse me

you haven't even driving the cbr 500 and yet you worry about the rev limiter and want to choose a bike with half the displacement. Have you driven the ninjette already ?

You are a noob, same as xastunts who made many posts to warn us all about the rev limiter in the 500 series. Later when he bought the bike his worries were gone.......

great reading.....http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/629182-2013-honda-cbr500-are-restricted-at-9k-rpm/?hl=%20xastunts

Edited by pokerkid
  • Like 1

noobs always amuse me

you haven't even driving the cbr 500 and yet you worry about the rev limiter and want to choose a bike with half the displacement. Have you driven the ninjette already ?

You are a noob, same as xastunts who made many posts to warn us all about the rev limiter in the 500 series. Later when he bought the bike his worries were gone.......

great reading.....http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/629182-2013-honda-cbr500-are-restricted-at-9k-rpm/?hl=%20xastunts

smile.png ---- I have never understood why people get off with high revving engines, sure they sound cool but are generally not all that practical. I would rather have a max RPM of 5000 rather than 14000. More power down low and smoother driving. To each their own, CBR500r and the other Honda 500 series bikes are great, there is nothing wrong with the engine because it doesn't spin at 14,000 RPM. Just means that the power comes on faster and isn't as stretched out on the RPM band. Still more power than a 250 and handles just fine.

I can drive through traffic at 3000 RPM, that Kawa 250 would need 6000-7000 RPM to keep up or it would stall out because it has no power down low. You have to rev the crap out of it to get it to go anywhere, some people like that and think it's cool, to each there own. Not for me.

Edited by commande
  • Like 2