Cbr 500Cc Leaked Pic

greg71

attachicon.gifImageUploadedByThaivisa Connect Thailand1369962093.463936.jpg

Yesterday I been to collect my green book at big wing pattaya and I saw they wrong about number of cylinders

I want ask if anyone in this community had same problem and if you think it could bring me some trouble???

Thank you in advance

Looks like it has been corrected already.

But only corrected in the typically lazy Thai bureaucratic style. Brand new bike and book should not be altered by hand and stamped.

Sent from my i-mobile i-STYLE Q6

I would take it and have them issue you a brand new book, you don't want any issues in the future and anything hand written into a Green Book as a correction would seem questionable. You try to sell the bike in the future you don't want any issues and who is to say the person that did that manual correction will even have that same job years from now and even if they did would remember that they are the ones who hand wrote that into the book... Don't think you will have any issue with this request, have Honda sort it out for you, this is part of the service you paid them for.

Same thing happened to me when I changed the colour of my previous bike. Just corrected it by hand. No problems when selling it.

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

"I can drive through traffic at 3000 RPM, that Kawa 250 would need 6000-7000 RPM to keep up or it would stall out because it has no power down low. You have to rev the crap out of it to get it to go anywhere, some people like that and think it's cool, to each there own. Not for me."

^^^^^^^ REDICULOUS

• Like 1

"I can drive through traffic at 3000 RPM, that Kawa 250 would need 6000-7000 RPM to keep up or it would stall out because it has no power down low. You have to rev the crap out of it to get it to go anywhere, some people like that and think it's cool, to each there own. Not for me."

^^^^^^^ REDICULOUS

All I can say is bring you Kawa 250 and we will go for an easy ride, you will see that this statement is not ridiculous. I'm in Pattaya and available just about every day. 4th Gear - 40km/h both of us, you gas yours and I gas mine, I will immediately pull away from 3500RPM your 250 won't even start speeding up for 4-5 seconds and it will be slow as mud if you haven't already stalled out prior.

Edited by commande

attachicon.gifImageUploadedByThaivisa Connect Thailand1369962093.463936.jpg

Yesterday I been to collect my green book at big wing pattaya and I saw they wrong about number of cylinders

I want ask if anyone in this community had same problem and if you think it could bring me some trouble???

Thank you in advance

its already been corrected and initialed by the official as well as stamped with that persons personal rubber stamp.

mistakes happen, theyre common and they recognize corrections.

You have to rev the crap out of it to get it to go anywhere, some people like that and think it's cool, to each there own. Not for me.

Cool, yeah. A bit like some noobs who drive a automatic scooter and play with the trottle while accelerating , vroom vroom vrooooooom..... .. Maybe they want to fool themselves that they drive a big bike.

Edited by pokerkid

Posted ImageImageUploadedByThaivisa Connect Thailand1369962093.463936.jpg

Thank you in advance

Looks like it has been corrected already.

But only corrected in the typically lazy Thai bureaucratic style. Brand new bike and book should not be altered by hand and stamped.

I would take it and have them issue you a brand new book, you don't want any issues in the future and anything hand written into a Green Book as a correction would seem questionable.  You try to sell the bike in the future you don't want any issues and who is to say the person that did that manual correction will even have that same job years from now and even if they did would remember that they are the ones who hand wrote that into the book...  Don't think you will have any issue with this request, have Honda sort it out for you, this is part of the service you paid them for.

Good luck with that! :)

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

"I can drive through traffic at 3000 RPM, that Kawa 250 would need 6000-7000 RPM to keep up or it would stall out because it has no power down low.  You have to rev the crap out of it to get it to go anywhere, some people like that and think it's cool, to each there own.  Not for me."

^^^^^^^ REDICULOUS

All I can say is bring you Kawa 250 and we will go for an easy ride, you will see that this statement is not ridiculous.  I'm in Pattaya and available just about every day.  4th Gear - 40km/h both of us, you gas yours and I gas mine, I will immediately pull away from 3500RPM your 250 won't even start speeding up for 4-5 seconds and it will be slow as mud if you haven't already stalled out prior.

Hahaa!! One guy saying ridiculous and another defending his own ass!! Lmao this thai Visa surely is a debate heaven! ! :lol:

^^^^^^^ REDICULOUS

All I can say is bring you Kawa 250 and we will go for an easy ride, you will see that this statement is not ridiculous. I'm in Pattaya and available just about every day. 4th Gear - 40km/h both of us, you gas yours and I gas mine, I will immediately pull away from 3500RPM your 250 won't even start speeding up for 4-5 seconds and it will be slow as mud if you haven't already stalled out prior.

Hahaa!! One guy saying ridiculous and another defending his own ass!! Lmao this thai Visa surely is a debate heaven! ! laugh.png

I missed it, who is defending their own ass??? So much here to read, so little time smile.png... What is funny here in the bike forum is that half the people that talk sh$t don't even own a bike or own the bike they are talking about much less are willing to prove a point with a head to head match-up. But like you said, it's TV, great place to hide behind the keyboard and talk crap attempting to be knowledgeable and consistently proven wrong....

Edited by commande

You have to rev the crap out of it to get it to go anywhere, some people like that and think it's cool, to each there own. Not for me.

Cool, yeah. A bit like some noobs who drive a automatic scooter and play with the trottle while accelerating , vroom vroom vrooooooom..... .. Maybe they want to fool themselves that they drive a big bike.

LOL - clap2.gif

That sir would be most people here ahahahahaha.

Edited by commande

Good luck with that! smile.png

XASTUNT - not sure what your issue is here, I took my book back to Honda and they did get it fixed so what is the problem, new book and not some handwritten correction? Hand written corrections in a book for a new bike, no way I would except it and I know I could get them to correct it (oh I have) and I am just some foreigner and not a Thai so I get less service than they do LOL.

Edited by commande
  • Like 1

Good luck with that! Posted Image

XASTUNT - not sure what your issue is here, I took my book back to Honda and they did get it fixed so what is the problem, new book and not some handwritten correction?  Hand written corrections in a book for a new bike, no way I would except it and I know I could get them to correct it (oh I have) and I am just some foreigner and not a Thai so I get less service than they do LOL.

Same service but with the mai pen rai attitude that many Thais have they put up with laziness and slack work attitude. Probably because they would do it the same themselves.

Good luck with that! Posted Image

XASTUNT - not sure what your issue is here, I took my book back to Honda and they did get it fixed so what is the problem, new book and not some handwritten correction?  Hand written corrections in a book for a new bike, no way I would except it and I know I could get them to correct it (oh I have) and I am just some foreigner and not a Thai so I get less service than they do LOL.

If they really gave you a new book without just correcting in the old then wow amazing! !

I have bad experience about any service in thailand but yet I still love Thailand and planning to live here until my last day to come. Having that said I think honda could do so much better!

That's why I said good luck with that! The part when he wrote that's what we pay honda for "our service" . its no good service to expect from honda!

Maybe I sounds to negative about them now but I had to say it! Costumer service is crap! !

If they really gave you a new book without just correcting in the old then wow amazing! !

I have bad experience about any service in thailand but yet I still love Thailand and planning to live here until my last day to come. Having that said I think honda could do so much better!

That's why I said good luck with that! The part when he wrote that's what we pay honda for "our service" . its no good service to expect from honda!

Maybe I sounds to negative about them now but I had to say it! Costumer service is crap! !

Sorry to hear about your bad experience, to be honest, Big Wing here in Pattaya I am very happy with. I have never had an issue with them yet, always very polite and easy going. Maybe the rest of Honda needs to send their staff here for training. It's actually good here especially when compared to Kawasaki across the road. Funny thing is that they are both owned and operated by the same family, would think the standard would be the same but it's definitely not.

Sorry to hear about your bad experience, to be honest, Big Wing here in Pattaya I am very happy with.  I have never had an issue with them yet, always very polite and easy going.  Maybe the rest of Honda needs to send their staff here for training.  It's actually good here especially when compared to Kawasaki across the road.  Funny thing is that they are both owned and operated by the same family, would think the standard would be the same but it's definitely not.

Yes I have heard good feedback from big wing dealer at pattaya! And my big wing dealer in bkk even told me that I could go there for service as I was told it will be faster and often no que to wait.

What a bunch of muppets just talking like this!

If u have the pattaya big wing office nr I would be glad to have it. Might just book a time there for my valve clearance check of 1000km. Mine is abit more than 2000 km now so I dont want to wait to much longer. My dealer gaved me 1month in que and I just missed my time cause of work and the next appointment is in a weeks time.

Also still waiting for my green book..

I'll send the number today, just looked at my Green book again, thought I did a good job last time and unbelievably they listed that it's a 2012 bike and not a 2013... Does anything in Thailand get done right the first or second time - it appears not unless you are standing right there ensuring the quality of work... Back to Honda again, not their fault but man this is stupid...

I guess they like making new books LOL - this will be the 3rd one...

Edited by commande

I'll send the number today, just looked at my Green book again, thought I did a good job last time and unbelievably they listed that it's a 2012 bike and not a 2013...  Does anything in Thailand get done right the first or second time - it appears not unless you are standing right there ensuring the quality of work...  Back to Honda again, not their fault but man this is stupid...

Maybe its a late end 2012 model of the bike but in the US its called a 2013 model. No just kidding! A wrong is always wrong. Have it fixed and tell them to compensate something

I'll send the number today, just looked at my Green book again, thought I did a good job last time and unbelievably they listed that it's a 2012 bike and not a 2013... Does anything in Thailand get done right the first or second time - it appears not unless you are standing right there ensuring the quality of work... Back to Honda again, not their fault but man this is stupid...

Maybe its a late end 2012 model of the bike but in the US its called a 2013 model. No just kidding! A wrong is always wrong. Have it fixed and tell them to compensate something

Could be, if the frame has 2013 stamped on it then I assume the book should have 2013 in it.

Anyway here is the number to Honda Pattaya 089-9391176

Good luck with that! smile.png

Anyone can get a new book for any bike, just ask....it cost 50 baht.

Just crumple it up a little bit...and dont argue with them.

Sorry to hear about your bad experience, to be honest, Big Wing here in Pattaya I am very happy with. I have never had an issue with them yet, always very polite and easy going. Maybe the rest of Honda needs to send their staff here for training. It's actually good here especially when compared to Kawasaki across the road. Funny thing is that they are both owned and operated by the same family, would think the standard would be the same but it's definitely not.

Very happy with BW Udon Thani as well.

Even got to meet the chief designer of the 500s a few days ago and a team of factory engineers who were interested in owners' thoughts about the bikes. Pretty good customer service if you ask me.

Very happy with BW Udon Thani as well.

Even got to meet the chief designer of the 500s a few days ago and a team of factory engineers who were interested in owners' thoughts about the bikes. Pretty good customer service if you ask me.

Were they the ones who left your brand new bike without enough oil as you drove off?

The chief designer of the global 500 series is a Thai? That was visiting Udon Thani? Somtamtastic!

Edited by Salapoo

If and I say IF my data is correct as it's been a while in regards to searching for the facts the only vehicle the Thai's have designed in Thailand is the Toyota Fortuner and even that vehicle was closely monitored and assistance provided by the Japanese out of the USA and Japan. Honda 500 Series (this is the fact), Chief designer is Japanese, the Thai engineer your talking about was the Lead Engineer on the ground for production in Thailand, he didn't design anything but you will hear the Thai's try and say that the bike was designed, engineered and produced in Thailand. The later of course is true smile.png but not the beginning.

The Thai's don't generally design anything, they produce things that other countries design because the labor force is cheap, well it is for now anyway smile.png...

Edited by commande
  • Like 1

i had no issues with the service in Honda Bigwing Bangkok.

I always go there without any appointment and always received a good service on time.

So, maybe they choose people. Negative people in Thailand always comes last, especially negative farang which talks too much!biggrin.png

So xastunts, that is why maybe you will never get a decent service in Honda Bigwing:)

Cool.

What did he say when you told him about the oil issue?

I didn't talk to the designer about that. We talked about the actual bike - how I liked it, what I like to see in bikes in general. They also asked my wife's opinion as a pillion passenger.

One of the engineers said that my oil was a little high. I told him it was because the oil was a little low when I got it so I topped it up to the max line. He said it's best if the oil is exactly halfway between the max & min lines. The Big Wing tech was happy enough with the higher level when he checked it out a few weeks previously.

Apart from making the indicators a bit more wobbly (as they're supposed to be according to them) I'm not sure what they did apart from give the bike a once over. There was a rather cute lady there on her 500 and they seemed to spend hours fettling her bike - I can't think why!

• Like 1