Cbr 500Cc Leaked Pic

greg71

LL found this video

CBR500r with yoshimura exhaust what do you guys think? Sounds alright though I think corsa sounded better. How much is Yoshimura clip-on and full system here? I know you can order it online or ask someone to carry it over around 5kg I think

• Like 1

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

It seems that some people try and class the Kawa 650 in the Super Sport bike range which it's not, it's a value bike like the Honda and it cost more.

To me they just seem to be quite a bit better quality.

New brake pads every 5k km. How long is the single rotor is going to last before being replaced?

People say buy expensive, cry only once. Personally I'm a bit dissappointed in the range and would have bought one if they were a bit better quality, but over all it's great to see a saturated market where 5 years ago there was none. So well done Honda for that!

Edited by Salapoo

It seems that some people try and class the Kawa 650 in the Super Sport bike range which it's not, it's a value bike like the Honda and it cost more.

New brake pads every 5k km. How long the rotor is going to last?

People say buy expensive, cry only once. Personally I'm a bit dissappointed in the range, but over all it's great to see a saturated market where 5 years ago there was none. So well done Honda for that!

Buy a Kawasaki then.. sorted :D

Sent from my i-mobile i-STYLE Q6

• Like 1

LL found this video 

CBR500r with yoshimura exhaust what do you guys think? Sounds alright though I think corsa sounded better. How much is Yoshimura clip-on and full system here? I know you can order it online or ask someone to carry it over around 5kg I think

Yoshi always offer good quality products so you never go wrong with them.

I m also inclining towards yoshi carbon full system but waiting for an aftermarket ecu as alone a full system might not be efficient.

But they sell corsa titanium slip on in thailand for 16 k and you can buy right away. For yoshi you have to pay shipping and tax. I calculated and a full system costs around 32k with shipping and taxes. Steep price.

You can go for corsa pipe. I think there might be a link on this thread. Check it out.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

New brake pads every 5k km. How long is the single rotor is going to last before being replaced?

People say buy expensive, cry only once. Personally I'm a bit dissappointed in the range and would have bought one if they were a bit better quality, but over all it's great to see a saturated market where 5 years ago there was none. So well done Honda for that!

To be honest another way of thinking about it is if the brakes are your only concern in regards to wear and replacement how long you think it will take to spend over 100,000 baht in rotors and brake pads before you break even smile.png.... That's a lot of brakes to be honest and the parts are actually pretty cheap even purchasing factory from Honda. Remember that the Kawa will have continued maintenance too driving the TCO up but lastly I must admit replacing the brake pads and rotors as an example every 5000klm is a bit extreme and merits some pretty extreme driving habits. I would suggest that very very few would face this same issue to include myself. Most people don't drive that aggressive nor even I might add have the skill to drive that aggressive without a crash in short order. Especially in Bangkok.

In the end it's a personal choice though, Kawa is a nice bike but I prefer the Honda now that I have owned and driven both, fits me fine.

One last thought and I will go away, the Ninja has been on the market for a long time and gone through several refinements. I would suggest giving Honda some time and the 500 series will be improved just like all bikes. I and others think it's good today but there is always something we would like to have improved; owners of the Kawa are even improving their bikes as they are not satisfied or enjoy adding personal touches. Like Kawa and the 650 range of bikes in a few years we will see changes for the better and I honestly believe the lack in quality that some speak of hear will no longer be an issue while it maintains it's advantage in being a lower cost machine. Will it ever be a Ninja 650, I don't think so, but it is definitely a cheaper option for someone looking for a value range bike in the mid weight engine class, this I believe is what Honda intended, they didn't intend to compete with the Ninja.

There is definitely I feel a market for both bikes here in Thailand and world wide.

Edited by commande
  • Like 1

LL found this video

Yoshi always offer good quality products so you never go wrong with them.

I m also inclining towards yoshi carbon full system but waiting for an aftermarket ecu as alone a full system might not be efficient.

But they sell corsa titanium slip on in thailand for 16 k and you can buy right away. For yoshi you have to pay shipping and tax. I calculated and a full system costs around 32k with shipping and taxes. Steep price.

You can go for corsa pipe. I think there might be a link on this thread. Check it out.

When I was standing in Bigwing looking at mugen and moriwaki exhaust. Some guy came over to me and said: IF you have any friends coming from EU or USA ask them to buy one there and just pack it in the luggage bring it here, will save you a fortune.

I got a copy of my green book and the real book is coming soon they say. Should I be concerned about that it says make of 2012 and not 13?

I can't find no place on the bike where you can see the year make.

I got a copy of my green book and the real book is coming soon they say. Should I be concerned about that it says make of 2012 and not 13?

It doesn't matter, all these first 500 series Honda's say 2012 in the Greenbook but they are in fact 2013 models because in 2012 they where not being sold yet. It happens sometimes when new products are released at the beginning of a new year, manufacturer was producing the product end of 2012 so that they had stock to push out to the dealers for 2013 release date.

Same thing happened to me, doesn't change anything, my bike is 2 months and 2 weeks old, that is new and there have been no changes to the bike since release. I don't know of anyone at this time who's greenbook says 2013 yet.

Edited by commande
  • Like 1

It doesn't matter, all these first 500 series Honda's say 2012 in the Greenbook but they are in fact 2013 models because in 2012 they where not being sold yet.  It happens sometimes when new products are released at the beginning of a new year, manufacturer was producing the product end of 2012 so that they had stock to push out to the dealers for 2013 release date. 

Same thing happened to me, doesn't change anything, my bike is 2 months and 2 weeks old, that is new and there have been no changes to the bike since release.  I don't know of anyone at this time who's greenbook says 2013 yet.

Yeah that's what I thought. If anyone here got 2013 in their book please state it here. Thx.

Yeah that's what I thought. If anyone here got 2013 in their book please state it here. Thx.

You may not have 2013 in your green book on page 4 but how about page 5?

Does it show a Thai Month & the year 2556? If so that is 2013

If it shows 2055 then 2012

Also on page 4 upper left corner may have 2556 after day & month in Thai also which is date of reg ( วันจดทะเบียน )

It would not affect your resale price as there is no such bike as a 2012 CBR500 X or F etc

Edited by mania

Also on page 4 upper left corner may have 2556 after day & month in Thai  also which is date of reg ( วันจดทะเบียน )

It would not affect your resale price as there is no such bike as a 2012 CBR500 X or F etc

I'm gonna try to ask my gf or someone in my buildings office to read it for me so I can check it out.

Also on page 4 upper left corner may have 2556 after day & month in Thai also which is date of reg ( วันจดทะเบียน )

I'm gonna try to ask my gf or someone in my buildings office to read it for me so I can check it out.

You dont have too as numbers are in English smile.png

Yes but Buddhist Year so look for 2556 or 2555....Which do you see?

Also on page 4 upper left corner may have 2556 after day & month in Thai  also which is date of reg ( วันจดทะเบียน )

You dont have too as numbers are in English Posted Image

Yes but Buddhist Year so look for 2556 or 2555....Which do you see?

I wanna confirm that it says 2012 in year of make. But the date of registration is 2013. But the year of make of this bike is 2013 isn't? ?

Also they haven't filled in many parts like the hp and the weight of vehicle. In cars they do fill in the weight and cc but maybe not the hp here in thailand.

Everything else is correct though. Color and all that stuff.

I wanna confirm that it says 2012 in year of make. But the date of registration is 2013. But the year of make of this bike is 2013 isn't? ?

Your a bit confused

When speaking about a vehicle there are many terms

You are asking the date of manufacture.....Then of course if sold in early 2013 it will likely be 2012

How else can they sell a bike in Jan 2013 if not?

BUT......That is not the same as the Model Year which is 2013 or 2556

So it is a Honda Model 2013 CBR500r

Date of Manufacture will of course likely be in 2012 if bought in the first half of 2013

That does not make it any less a 2013 Model

Date of manufacture is not the same as Model Year for bikes or cars etc.

Lastly you will also have date of FIRST Registration which in your case of course will also be 2013/2556

Edited by mania

Your a bit confused

When speaking about a vehicle there are many terms

You are asking the date of manufacture.....Then of course if sold in early 2013 it will likely be 2012

How else can they sell a bike in Jan 2013 if not?

BUT......That is not the same as the Model Year which is 2013 or 2556

So it is a Honda Model 2013 CBR500r

Date of Manufacture will of course likely be in 2012 if bought in the first half of 2013

That does not make it any less a 2013 Model

Date of manufacture is not the same as Model Year for bikes or cars etc.

Lastly you will also have date of FIRST Registration which in your case of course will also be 2013/2556

Yeah I know that model year and date of manufacturing is 2 different things. Maybe I have to wait until I have the real book before making any further conclusions. As I have only the scan of 3 sides from the book, but I doubt there will be any changes.

Add to this....

was just on the phone with my gf and told her to read it again haha.

It says in thai "loon pee" wich means year of make (model year). So am I good or is this not wrong?

Oil change is at 12.000 km

The receipt only says maintenance.

1,5 hours, no idea what they did.

I wasn't standing next to the mechanic.

Call me crazy, but I actually do trust the mechanics at Big Wing.

I think it's the same interval for the cbr250, 12k km for an oil change.

I always change both the oil and filter at the 6k km services.

And change the oil between services if I've been hammering it for a day or two touring the twisties.

You can usually feel the difference.

The Honda manual say 12,000km intervals so of course I am completely wrong and in league with the anti-christ.

(I just use Honda oil anyway, good fully-synth would be a different story)

Wow I am a bit surprised buy that 12000 km oil changes.

This is not synthetic oil is it?

There was one other I suppose at 1000km so basically 11,000KM/6835 miles since last change

Folks can follow the Honda recommend I'm sure as they designed it.

But I tend to go 3200KM/2000 miles on my bikes & change. Old habits I guess.

Edited by mania
  • Like 1

There was one other I suppose at 1000km so basically 11,000KM/6835 miles since last change

I put the synthetic oil at 1k service by Honda's recommendation. I know some people like to wait abit longer before they do that. I dont know but I just thought I want the engine to have some good oil inside that machinery.

I put the synthetic oil at 1k service by Honda's recommendation. I know some people like to wait abit longer before they do that. I dont know but I just thought I want the engine to have some good oil inside that machinery.

This is just my opinion but they were wrong to steer you into synthetic at such an early mileage

It is not that Synthetic is better but it has its purpose.

That purpose does not agree with being used in an engine that has not been bedded in yet.

You will not see any harm from such an early change but you may loose some benefits of a stronger running engine

achieved by proper seating/sealing of all parts before switching to synthetic oil.

Again just my opinion

Edited by mania

Would usually halt the break in process.

This is just my opinion but they were wrong to steer you into synthetic at such an early mileage

It is not that Synthetic is better but it has its purpose.

That purpose does not agree with being used in an engine that has not been bedded in yet.

You will not see any harm from such an early change but you may loose some benefits of a stronger running engine

achieved by proper seating/sealing of all parts before switching to synthetic oil.

Again just my opinion

Next oil change would it matter if I filled it with non synthetic oil?