Cbr 500Cc Leaked Pic

greg71

Oil filter price and p/n if you know it.

I believe the 500 is the same filter as the cbr1000/600rr .... Please let me know as i want to do a oil change today...

Obviously it won't help you today, but K&N filters are 480 baht shipped from 'ybfilters' out of the UK off eBay- they arrive in less than a week with no import charges- I've already got four of 'em.

You'd want the 204.

Thats a good price delivered. Will order some for future use. fyi 450 for a cbr500 filter at big ripoff pattaya

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Oil filter price and p/n if you know it.

I believe the 500 is the same filter as the cbr1000/600rr .... Please let me know as i want to do a oil change today...

Obviously it won't help you today, but K&N filters are 480 baht shipped from 'ybfilters' out of the UK off eBay- they arrive in less than a week with no import charges- I've already got four of 'em.

You'd want the 204.

Thats a good price delivered. Will order some for future use. fyi 450 for a cbr500 filter at big ripoff pattaya

I don't know the price but there is a shop called Fast Corner in CM that stocks most K&N oil & air filters.

Maybe you can call & see?

PS: I also know they have one in Bangkok but do not know if they also stock the K&N's??

Branch owners name: Aek

www.fastcorner.co.th

Panthip Plaza Chiang Mai (Room 1163)

Chang Khlan Rd, Chiang Mai 50100

Tel: 053-288-088-9

GPS: 18.78190/ 98.99993

Edited by mania

do you guys wear motorbike jackets and pants? I always think that thailand is too hot for doing that, I think I will buy only gloves and a good helmet

do they sell ARAI in Pattaya, and what is the price for a decent helmet?

yes in pattaya around 25,000baht

Just came back from the track day at Bonanza circuit organised by Honda Big Wing.

Was hoping to see some of you there, but I figured you guys couldn't leave the comfort of your keyboard.

Yes, how unkind of us non-Big Wing customers not to know about it.

Just came back from the track day at Bonanza circuit organised by Honda Big Wing.

Was hoping to see some of you there, but I figured you guys couldn't leave the comfort of your keyboard.

wish they would send me a email when these events are planned. Please post before the event so we can set are emails to auto away. thanks

do you guys wear motorbike jackets and pants? I always think that thailand is too hot for doing that, I think I will buy only gloves and a good helmet

do they sell ARAI in Pattaya, and what is the price for a decent helmet?

I have an all black Shift 'perforated' leather jacket. But only wear it on long trips.

It only gets hot when standing still. When Im moving its not hot at all. Ive heard stories that if you go down with mesh it will melt and is pretty much useless afterwards.

Whatever you get make sure the inside pocket is on the right side, so you can keep throttling while you reach inside to change tracks on an MP3 player.

Knee protectors are also good to have and often overlooked, id rather break an arm than a knee. Look into Knox, they seem to be the perfect size. I have Dainese and they are a bit too big to strap on everytime I go out, sometimes i dont plan on putting my knee down and it just happens cuz im bored and nothing else to do. Make sure there is a strap above the knee for whatever you get.

Edited by KRS1

If you 'like' the Dainese ProShop Bangkok FB page, most of the events will come up in your feed (the Big Wing meeting was announced on the 13th) - Facebook is actually pretty informative in that regard- the Thais love using it.

I get the kawasaki info from their fb page but couldnt find one for ap honda. It never occured for me to like the dainese page.

Yeah that is one thing here in Thailand FB is great for bike related pages.

I have quite a few "liked"

Just hit like which they use instead of "friend" & you get all the updates & sales info

Another good one is called Hachi I have not bought from them but have noticed they have had some good sales

https://www.facebook.com/HachiAccessoriesShop

Kind of smart of the businesses too. They get their advertising all sent to those who have expressed interest in one simple post.

Edited by mania
  • Like 1

The CBR 500 only comes with ABS only??

And the digital rev counter is hiddious, it doesn't tell you the RPM??

The RPM doesn't go high enough to need one.

*sorry*

What? THE RPM doesn't go high enough to need one? Unless it's a scooter thats a silly statement, of course any experienced rider needs to see RPM's in numbers rather than digital blocks ....

The speedo was great on the 150, why did they make it full digital on the 500? Terrible idea, RPMs should never be digital.

And i don't plan on keeping this bike stock if I do buy it. So yea it's important.

Edited by Bingo66

*sorry*

What? THE RPM doesn't go high enough to need one? Unless it's a scooter thats a silly statement, of course any experienced rider needs to see RPM's in numbers rather than digital blocks ....

Yes, it was a joke.

Apparently it's limited to 9k rpm. The condemnation of this, on what is marketed as a sport's bike, made people cry. So I believe.

And yes, it does tell you the RPM, you just need to squint a bit.

Edited by Salapoo

*sorry*

Yes, it was a joke.

Apparently it's limited to 9k rpm. The condemnation of this, on what is marketed as a sport's bike, made people cry. So I believe.

And yes, it does tell you the RPM, you just need to squint a bit.

Sorry, been a long day!

wow 9,000 ..... wasn't the CBR 150 10,500?? Shit I remember the days of first bike reving to 15k ... is it a soft limit or hard limit?

Still part of the fun is watching the bike dial hit the high revs, not digital blocks :/ I presume it's pretty impossible to change in a speedo like the 150 in there?

It does tell u the rpm in digital.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

How are you suppose to look at a small number on the digital screen while hammering through traffic at speed in BKK or on a track? Theres a reason theres usually a big dial that you can quickly glance down at to see how far off you are.

I suppose the bike would suck on a track day too with ABS that's forced on the customer.

How are you suppose to look at a small number on the digital screen while hammering through traffic at speed in BKK or on a track? Theres a reason theres usually a big dial that you can quickly glance down at to see how far off you are.

I suppose the bike would suck on a track day too with ABS that's forced on the customer.

I never had any problem seeing the rpm even in high speeds as 180+ I could always see the rpm indicator. How ever I prefer analog as is easier to read it. But it's not hard to see it on the present Stock one though.

About abs I think u can turn it off. Maybe as easy ass pulling the abs fuse? Not sure but I think there is one or maybe it's for other use the abs fuse??

I actually like the instrument cluster. You can see everything at one glance as all the info is very close to each other unlike analog/digital combination you have to look rev counter and speedo seperately. So while hammering down in bangkok traffic it is easier to look at all digital screen of cbr500r.

And bike runs good on track and i never noticed the abs there.

Yes heard that bramds but busy like hell nowadays, do not even have time to ride my bike so going there was impossible for me.

I wanted to be there though:(

For any honda bigwing event, they sent me sms all the time and sometime some guys there that i know for some time call me.

Personally if your driving fast and are looking down at the tach (RPM) gauge than I don't consider you understand what the gauges are meant for. You don't need to know what the tach is saying when driving fast and shifting all the time or going through traffic, you shift based on feel and listening to the sound of the engine. I rarely look at the gauges except to ensure what my speed is which I might add is the biggest number on the guage stack, tach I don't care I drive it, the gauges are secondary. If you are always look at your gauges this means your not looking at the road glancing all the time at your gauges could cause you an accident because your not focused on the road your splitting your time between road and tach increasing your chance of an accident, they are for information but not intended to be monitored constantly in regards to how your driving between shifting gears. Best time to look at your gauges is when your cruising along at a constant speed and not between shifting gears driving through heavy traffic dodging cars.

Edited by commande
  • Like 1

I couldn't go as I ONLY have a lowly Cbr250 :blink:

Sent from my i-mobile i-STYLE Q6

Personally if your driving fast and are looking down at the tach (RPM) gauge than I don't consider you understand what the gauges are meant for. You don't need to know what the tach is saying when driving fast and shifting all the time or going through traffic, you shift based on feel and listening to the sound of the engine. I rarely look at the gauges except to ensure what my speed is which I might add is the biggest number on the guage stack, tach I don't care I drive it, the gauges are secondary. If you are always look at your gauges this means your not looking at the road glancing all the time at your gauges could cause you an accident because your not focused on the road your splitting your time between road and tach increasing your chance of an accident, they are for information but not intended to be monitored constantly in regards to how your driving between shifting gears. Best time to look at your gauges is when your cruising along at a constant speed and not between shifting gears driving through heavy traffic dodging cars.

That's a silly post, if experts never look at the revs then why do MotoGP riders have flashing lights for when to change gear? And knowing what revs you are at for corning is very important, sure if you have chicken strips everywhere and just cruise around on the bike, you can listen to the bike and change gear at 6,000 or 7,000 rpm. But if you like to go fast and want to have a NEW bike under complete, then glancing at revs the on the bike is very important.

And for me, when I think sports bikes I think a flashy rev counter up to 14,000 rpm and digital speedo, not building blocks on a fancy digital speed. Too much like a F1 video game .... This and the forced ABS and the 9k rev limit i making think about waiting for Yamaha to bring FZ6R to TH or wait for a 2nd hand import. Ninaja 650 looks hiddious as well, so it's FZ6R or CBR 500 or a 2nd hand 600RR again but I don't want to go the 600cc superbike route again as commuting through bkk traffic sucks. And it's too tempting to dump the clutch at the lights and crush some "dek wan" reving pink honda fino's at the lights.

Personally if your driving fast and are looking down at the tach (RPM) gauge than I don't consider you understand what the gauges are meant for.  You don't need to know what the tach is saying when driving fast and shifting all the time or going through traffic, you shift based on feel and listening to the sound of the engine.  I rarely look at the gauges except to ensure what my speed is which I might add is the biggest number on the guage stack, tach I don't care I drive it, the gauges are secondary.  If you are always look at your gauges this means your not looking at the road glancing all the time at your gauges could cause you an accident because your not focused on the road your splitting your time between road and tach increasing your chance of an accident, they are for information but not intended to be monitored constantly in regards to how your driving between shifting gears.  Best time to look at your gauges is when your cruising along at a constant speed and not between shifting gears driving through heavy traffic dodging cars.

That's a silly post, if experts never look at the revs then why do MotoGP riders have flashing lights for when to change gear? And knowing what revs you are at for corning is very important, sure if you have  chicken strips everywhere and just cruise around on the bike, you can listen to the bike  and change gear at 6,000 or 7,000 rpm. But if you like to go fast and want to have a NEW bike under complete, then glancing at revs the on the bike is very important.

And for me, when I think sports bikes I think a flashy rev counter up to 14,000 rpm and digital speedo, not building blocks on a fancy digital speed. Too much like a F1 video game .... This and the forced ABS and the 9k rev limit i making think about waiting for Yamaha to bring FZ6R to TH or wait for a 2nd hand import. Ninaja 650 looks hiddious as well, so it's FZ6R or CBR 500 or a 2nd hand 600RR again but I don't want to go the 600cc superbike route again as commuting through bkk traffic sucks. And it's too tempting to dump the clutch at the lights and crush some "dek wan" reving pink honda fino's at the lights.

I just have to say this! Don't even think about commuting through traffic with the 500 series!

its way to big!!

I have a honda 110cc scooter for that purpose and its the best you can use for bkk traffic, just throttle and brake! Eyes on traffic and always glancing at the mirrors often.

I only use the little beast (500cbr r) for night riding in bkk and for long trips out of bkk.

• Like 1

That's a silly post, if experts never look at the revs then why do MotoGP riders have flashing lights for when to change gear? And knowing what revs you are at for corning is very important, sure if you have chicken strips everywhere and just cruise around on the bike, you can listen to the bike and change gear at 6,000 or 7,000 rpm. But if you like to go fast and want to have a NEW bike under complete, then glancing at revs the on the bike is very important.

I just have to say this! Don't even think about commuting through traffic with the 500 series!

its way to big!!

I have a honda 110cc scooter for that purpose and its the best you can use for bkk traffic, just throttle and brake! Eyes on traffic and always glancing at the mirrors often.

I only use the little beast (500cbr r) for night riding in bkk and for long trips out of bkk.

It's ok, last year I had a 2006 R6 and commuted on that, then this year I took a friends CBR 150 and I commuted on that for about 4 months and 8,000 km in BKK, it wasn't so bad once you got use to it. The 500 is only 1inch wider than the 250, but it's not the width that's the problem it's the crazy wide mirrors on the CBR's. But the problem with 600cc superbikes is how hot they get in traffic and it's not pleasant to drive to work on.

its way to big!!

I commute every day on my 500 and it goes real smooth.

Because of its smaller size it can cut through traffic like a knife through butter.