Cbr 500Cc Leaked Pic

greg71

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Personally if your driving fast and are looking down at the tach (RPM) gauge than I don't consider you understand what the gauges are meant for. You don't need to know what the tach is saying when driving fast and shifting all the time or going through traffic, you shift based on feel and listening to the sound of the engine. I rarely look at the gauges except to ensure what my speed is which I might add is the biggest number on the guage stack, tach I don't care I drive it, the gauges are secondary. If you are always look at your gauges this means your not looking at the road glancing all the time at your gauges could cause you an accident because your not focused on the road your splitting your time between road and tach increasing your chance of an accident, they are for information but not intended to be monitored constantly in regards to how your driving between shifting gears. Best time to look at your gauges is when your cruising along at a constant speed and not between shifting gears driving through heavy traffic dodging cars.

That's a silly post, if experts never look at the revs then why do MotoGP riders have flashing lights for when to change gear? And knowing what revs you are at for corning is very important, sure if you have chicken strips everywhere and just cruise around on the bike, you can listen to the bike and change gear at 6,000 or 7,000 rpm. But if you like to go fast and want to have a NEW bike under complete, then glancing at revs the on the bike is very important.

And for me, when I think sports bikes I think a flashy rev counter up to 14,000 rpm and digital speedo, not building blocks on a fancy digital speed. Too much like a F1 video game .... This and the forced ABS and the 9k rev limit i making think about waiting for Yamaha to bring FZ6R to TH or wait for a 2nd hand import. Ninaja 650 looks hiddious as well, so it's FZ6R or CBR 500 or a 2nd hand 600RR again but I don't want to go the 600cc superbike route again as commuting through bkk traffic sucks. And it's too tempting to dump the clutch at the lights and crush some "dek wan" reving pink honda fino's at the lights.

They have flashing lights so that they don't have to look at the gauges smile.png think about it man and while your at it look up the racing statistics for gauge use during racing, it's around 2% which is why they came up with the lights because you don't have to look at the gauges, the light color you can see in your peripheral vision without removing your eyes from the road. Not silly, the truth...

Fancy gauges are part of the package of any vehicle, they look cool and actually help sell vehicles based on packaging but you don't look at the gauges all the time because your driving. In racing or high speed riding you definitely don't have time to look at the gauges to check your RPM, flashing lights (racing cars and bikes) or listening to the sound the bike makes (training yourself to understand the RPM's of a machine) is what real racers do and are trained to do.

Edited by commande

Personally if your driving fast and are looking down at the tach (RPM) gauge than I don't consider you understand what the gauges are meant for.  You don't need to know what the tach is saying when driving fast and shifting all the time or going through traffic, you shift based on feel and listening to the sound of the engine.  I rarely look at the gauges except to ensure what my speed is which I might add is the biggest number on the guage stack, tach I don't care I drive it, the gauges are secondary.  If you are always look at your gauges this means your not looking at the road glancing all the time at your gauges could cause you an accident because your not focused on the road your splitting your time between road and tach increasing your chance of an accident, they are for information but not intended to be monitored constantly in regards to how your driving between shifting gears.  Best time to look at your gauges is when your cruising along at a constant speed and not between shifting gears driving through heavy traffic dodging cars.

That's a silly post, if experts never look at the revs then why do MotoGP riders have flashing lights for when to change gear? And knowing what revs you are at for corning is very important, sure if you have  chicken strips everywhere and just cruise around on the bike, you can listen to the bike  and change gear at 6,000 or 7,000 rpm. But if you like to go fast and want to have a NEW bike under complete, then glancing at revs the on the bike is very important.

And for me, when I think sports bikes I think a flashy rev counter up to 14,000 rpm and digital speedo, not building blocks on a fancy digital speed. Too much like a F1 video game .... This and the forced ABS and the 9k rev limit i making think about waiting for Yamaha to bring FZ6R to TH or wait for a 2nd hand import. Ninaja 650 looks hiddious as well, so it's FZ6R or CBR 500 or a 2nd hand 600RR again but I don't want to go the 600cc superbike route again as commuting through bkk traffic sucks. And it's too tempting to dump the clutch at the lights and crush some "dek wan" reving pink honda fino's at the lights.

I just have to say this! Don't even think about commuting through traffic with the 500 series!

its way to big!!

I have a honda 110cc scooter for that purpose and its the best you can use for bkk traffic, just throttle and brake! Eyes on traffic and always glancing at the mirrors often.

I only use the little beast (500cbr r) for night riding in bkk and for long trips out of bkk.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

I commute every day on my 500 and it goes real smooth.

Because of its smaller size it can cut through traffic like a knife through butter.

Lool!! U cant compare to scooter in traffic and u know it so please don't fool urself ;)

[/img]Wow.

Ive kept quiet due to lack of owing one (yet) but theres a lot of idiocy going on in this thread. Honda has went to an all digital dash for their 500 seriesdeal with it. Just for the record Ducati, Kawasaki, KTM, Suzuki, Yamaha, and EBR (and probably more) all have digital dashes.

146_1005_08_z+ducati_hypermotard_evo_SP+

122_1012_01_o%2Bkawasaki_zx_10r_tachomet

146-1209-05-z+2012-literbike-comparison+

2011-Suzuki-M109R-dash.jpg

IMG_0822.jpg

ebr1190rs-dash1.jpg

And for the numpties that say that MotoGP has tachsgoogle it. Theyre digital just the same. And the shift lights? Programmed for different gears and according to the sprocket ratio. Are you going to spend the time to do that? I want to say that they are also programmed for different sections of the particular track being rode but am unsure. Reason they have shift LIGHTS is so they don't have to look at the tach. Much easier to have something flashing in your peripheral vision than spending the ~10 meters looking for information. Finally few, if any, of those bikes have a real RPM limiter; miss a shift on your street bike and youll look silly as the engine cuts out; do that on a race machine and watch it catastrophically detonate under you while youre traveling at speeds those moar RPM street posers have wet dreams about.

Im not even a good rider, but understand how to feel a bike. If you cant get the RPM range down in 30 minutes perhaps you shouldnt be riding. The only time I look at the display is when it feels like I am in too low of a gear (less of a problem now that the sprockets have been adjusted to my liking) or when I am up riding in the mountains and want to make sure that the engine wont be lugging under my fat arse.

• Like 1

[/img]Wow.

Ive kept quiet due to lack of owing one (yet) but theres a lot of idiocy going on in this thread.  Honda has went to an all digital dash for their 500 seriesdeal with it.  Just for the record Ducati, Kawasaki, KTM, Suzuki, Yamaha, and EBR (and probably more) all have digital dashes.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

And for the numpties that say that MotoGP has tachsgoogle it.  Theyre digital just the same.  And the shift lights?  Programmed for different gears and according to the sprocket ratio.  Are you going to spend the time to do that?  I want to say that they are also programmed for different sections of the particular track being rode but am unsure.  Reason they have shift LIGHTS is so they don't have to look at the tach. Much easier to have something flashing in your peripheral vision than spending the ~10 meters looking for information. Finally few, if any, of those bikes have a real RPM limiter; miss a shift on your street bike and youll look silly as the engine cuts out; do that on a race machine and watch it catastrophically detonate under you while youre traveling at speeds those moar RPM street posers have wet dreams about.

Im not even a good rider, but understand how to feel a bike.  If you cant get the RPM range down in 30 minutes perhaps you shouldnt be riding.  The only time I look at the display is when it feels like I am in too low of a gear (less of a problem now that the sprockets have been adjusted to my liking) or when I am up riding in the mountains and want to make sure that the engine wont be lugging under my fat arse.

Alot of hard work finding all those photos to prove you're right! ;)

It's ok, last year I had a 2006 R6 and commuted on that, then this year I took a friends CBR 150 and I commuted on that for about 4 months and 8,000 km in BKK, it wasn't so bad once you got use to it. The 500 is only 1inch wider than the 250, but it's not the width that's the problem it's the crazy wide mirrors on the CBR's. But the problem with 600cc superbikes is how hot they get in traffic and it's not pleasant to drive to work on.

The old CBR 150 is even easier as there's less fairing and makes it feel smaller.

Yep, a lot of work to go to http://images.google.com type in "ducati digital tach" click on the first picture, right click on "view original image" and choose "open in a new tab, go back up and change ducati to kawasaki and repeat. Just took me more time typing this out to allay your worries than the actual searches did...

Any chance we can get some larger pictures on here laugh.png

The attach feature always works better than linking as you may be linking

a very large format pic.

The attach seems to resize automatically ;)Just sayin wink.png

Yes the 2013 Kawasaki N250 has a nice readout

The tach is the style I like & speed is easily read too.

Tach always more important than speedo IMHO

nice clock too heheh

Edited by mania

The Kawasaki 2013 ZX6r has a really nice dash too

mmmmmm nice redline wink.png

For me I like these types of layouts best

Large prominent Tach analog style with redline

Digig speedometer is fine as it is a secondary indicator if that

Edited by mania

Yep, a lot of work to go to http://images.google.com type in "ducati digital tach" click on the first picture, right click on "view original image" and choose "open in a new tab, go back up and change ducati to kawasaki and repeat. Just took me more time typing this out to allay your worries than the actual searches did...

Funny guy huh! :)

Personally if your driving fast and are looking down at the tach (RPM) gauge than I don't consider you understand what the gauges are meant for. You don't need to know what the tach is saying when driving fast and shifting all the time or going through traffic, you shift based on feel and listening to the sound of the engine. I rarely look at the gauges except to ensure what my speed is which I might add is the biggest number on the guage stack, tach I don't care I drive it, the gauges are secondary. If you are always look at your gauges this means your not looking at the road glancing all the time at your gauges could cause you an accident because your not focused on the road your splitting your time between road and tach increasing your chance of an accident, they are for information but not intended to be monitored constantly in regards to how your driving between shifting gears. Best time to look at your gauges is when your cruising along at a constant speed and not between shifting gears driving through heavy traffic dodging cars.

That's a silly post, if experts never look at the revs then why do MotoGP riders have flashing lights for when to change gear? And knowing what revs you are at for corning is very important, sure if you have chicken strips everywhere and just cruise around on the bike, you can listen to the bike and change gear at 6,000 or 7,000 rpm. But if you like to go fast and want to have a NEW bike under complete, then glancing at revs the on the bike is very important.

They have flashing lights so that they don't have to look at the gauges smile.png think about it man and while your at it look up the racing statistics for gauge use during racing, it's around 2% which is why they came up with the lights because you don't have to look at the gauges, the light color you can see in your peripheral vision without removing your eyes from the road. Not silly, the truth...

Fancy gauges are part of the package of any vehicle, they look cool and actually help sell vehicles based on packaging but you don't look at the gauges all the time because your driving. In racing or high speed riding you definitely don't have time to look at the gauges to check your RPM, flashing lights (racing cars and bikes) or listening to the sound the bike makes (training yourself to understand the RPM's of a machine) is what real racers do and are trained to do.

I didn't say racers look at the dial you prune, i was answering your "no one cares about RPM they listen to bike" which is trash as they have the lights to change gear. And people like me with a decent Shark helmets, can barely hear the bike with the visor down. I didn't say I watch the dial like a hawk and can't change without it. I enjoy looking at it and sometimes I like to have a bit of fun with it, adds to feel of a proper sports bike.

And I don't need your condescending racing tips, I've been riding bikes on tarmac since i was 9 years old and was driving a more powerful bike around a city than you have now when I was 17. I bet half of your tyres are chicken strip'd.

dave_boo - half of them actually look decent with the numbers and flashing lights and are not pure digital displays like the 500 has.

Mania - that is excatly what i'm talking about, that is pure beauty rather than looking like a F1 video game dash or a fancy new dirtbike. /yamahafanboiforlife

Yamaha need to bring the R6 and FZ6R to Thailand and not just used imported models, although i'll probably buy a used R6 or FZ6R again. Honda drives nice, brilliant reliability and genius new tech but they look boring and plain and drive boring.

Edited by Bingo66

A decent Shark helmet LOL, I have a "decent" Shark helmet and I can hear the bike engine and gear shifting just fine and that's with the factory exhaust smile.png...

Edited by commande

Because of its smaller size it can cut through traffic like a knife through butter.

Lool!! U cant compare to scooter in traffic and u know it so please don't fool urself wink.png

I think you haven't ridden in real traffic in BKK.

I can't count the times that I was stuck behind a scooter because he couldn't get through and don't get me started on PCX's.

Worst traffic bikes ever. My 500 just cuts through it and that was with stock mirrors, I changed them to something smaller now, so the cutting will be even easier.

I can't count the times that I was stuck behind a scooter because he couldn't get through and don't get me started on PCX's.

Worst traffic bikes ever. My 500 just cuts through it and that was with stock mirrors, I changed them to something smaller now, so the cutting will be even easier.

Agree, CBR500r no worries in Bangkok traffic, even with the factory mirrors it's not bad because they are no wider than the handlebars:). Now when I have my Versys and was driving around in Bangkok traffic, I almost wanted to just get off and walk as it was a nightmare.

• Like 1

I just have to say this! Don't even think about commuting through traffic with the 500 series!

its way to big!!

I have a honda 110cc scooter for that purpose and its the best you can use for bkk traffic, just throttle and brake! Eyes on traffic and always glancing at the mirrors often.

I only use the little beast (500cbr r) for night riding in bkk and for long trips out of bkk.

Lool!! U cant compare to scooter in traffic and u know it so please don't fool urself wink.png

with my cbr500r, i arrive to point B from A faster than any scooter i am sure and i am not fooling myself, it is based with my experience.

I leave all teh scoots behind in tight traffic and i never fold my mirrors.

cbr500r is a pretty easy bike to drive in Bangkok traffic.

so you say 'nonsense' to all ideas opposite to yours?

Maybe you are not proficient on riding in traffic with your cbr500r?

I rode many types of vehicles in big cities all my life and cbr500r is just fine in traffic, faster and safer than a scoot and many low displacement clutch bikes. This is my experience so if it is nonsense for you, there is nothing i can do, just continue to ride your 110 cc scooter in Bangkok.

Edited by loserlazer

I agree on mirrors, they stick out 10 feet from bike, what did you change them to?

Xastunts - My collague (Thai) had a massive Ducati 848 and he was slighty ahead of me in rush hour traffic grid locked most times on Rama 9 when I was on the 150 and had silly mirrors There weren't any scooters getting through faaster. And that bike is huge, it vibrates the ground and you can hear the clucking 500m away.

middle Sukhumvit at rush hour you ain't going nowhere on a CBR though, most of the time you can't even get through on a scooter unless you pavement hop. I try avoid it completely, asoke montri and ratchada is bad enough.

Edited by Bingo66

If the traffic is moving then a mid sized sportsbike can match or beat a scooter. In the really tight stuff like Phaholyothin Road or Sukhumvit Road in rush hour then a small bike has an advantage. Tighter turning circle for getting between the bumpers of stationary cars, can hop onto the pavement etc. A KSR or MSX is the best bike for these conditions IMO.

• Like 2

Lool!! U cant compare to scooter in traffic and u know it so please don't fool urself Posted Image

I agree on mirrors, they stick out 10 feet from bike, what did you change them to?

Xastunts - My collague (Thai) had a massive Ducati 848 and he was slighty ahead of me in rush hour traffic grid locked most times on Rama 9 when I was on the 150 and had silly mirrors There weren't any scooters getting through faaster. And that bike is huge, it vibrates the ground and you can hear the clucking 500m away.

middle Sukhumvit at rush hour you ain't going nowhere on a CBR though, most of the time you can't even get through on a scooter unless you pavement hop. I try avoid it completely, asoke montri and ratchada is bad enough.

At least ur fair an admit it! In sukhumwit ur better off with a bicycle. And of course there are roads that even a fat Harley Davidson will go through vipavadi rangsit etc.

There is always mostly a way to get through even with sports bikes in high traffic. But!!! It's not comparable to the small size bikes period! !

The smaller the better in traffic! Best is bicycle for ur own understanding to compare.

Jesus christ! You really love your bike that much that you can't admit a defeat when there is one!

I love my bike to! But I'm not a fool to fool my self that is faster than my scooter in traffic.

Thanks for understanding. :)

I agree on mirrors, they stick out 10 feet from bike, what did you change them to?

Xastunts - My collague (Thai) had a massive Ducati 848 and he was slighty ahead of me in rush hour traffic grid locked most times on Rama 9 when I was on the 150 and had silly mirrors There weren't any scooters getting through faaster. And that bike is huge, it vibrates the ground and you can hear the clucking 500m away.

middle Sukhumvit at rush hour you ain't going nowhere on a CBR though, most of the time you can't even get through on a scooter unless you pavement hop. I try avoid it completely, asoke montri and ratchada is bad enough.

At least ur fair an admit it! In sukhumwit ur better off with a bicycle. And of course there are roads that even a fat Harley Davidson will go through vipavadi rangsit etc.

There is always mostly a way to get through even with sports bikes in high traffic. But!!! It's not comparable to the small size bikes period! !

The smaller the better in traffic! Best is bicycle for ur own understanding to compare.

Jesus christ! You really love your bike that much that you can't admit a defeat when there is one!

I love my bike to! But I'm not a fool to fool my self that is faster than my scooter in traffic.

Thanks for understanding. smile.png

Scooter maybe faster in heavy rush hour traffic where you can't get any speed but it's not faster for me to get home because I live on outskirts of BKK. So when I commute about 80km a day (30-40km each way to Sathorn / Suk) it's quicker for me to get home on a sportsbike. Prasert Manukitch is my favourite on a sports bike, serious speed and get home quite quick ;)

Just came back from the track day at Bonanza circuit organised by Honda Big Wing.

Was hoping to see some of you there, but I figured you guys couldn't leave the comfort of your keyboard.

I don't like riding in groups and I am too busy.

There was at least one TV memeber there on an NX700 (or whatever they're called).

Thanks for understanding. smile.png

I have a CB500F not a CBR, I think my advantage also lies in the fact that I can move my mirrors around the car mirrors because they are on my handlebars.

Now I changed them to bar end mirrors, even better :-)

Lool!! U cant compare to scooter in traffic and u know it so please don't fool urself Posted Image

I agree on mirrors, they stick out 10 feet from bike, what did you change them to?

Xastunts - My collague (Thai) had a massive Ducati 848 and he was slighty ahead of me in rush hour traffic grid locked most times on Rama 9 when I was on the 150 and had silly mirrors There weren't any scooters getting through faaster. And that bike is huge, it vibrates the ground and you can hear the clucking 500m away.

middle Sukhumvit at rush hour you ain't going nowhere on a CBR though, most of the time you can't even get through on a scooter unless you pavement hop. I try avoid it completely, asoke montri and ratchada is bad enough.

Thanks for understanding. Posted Image

I have a CB500F not a CBR, I think my advantage also lies in the fact that I can move my mirrors around the car mirrors because they are on my handlebars.

Now I changed them to bar end mirrors, even better :-)

The f looks smaller yes. Maybe even better in traffic compared to the cbr but u cant compare these bikes to a scooter traffic wise period!!!! :)

@xastunts: You need to learn Bkk traffic better me thinks.

I used to ride my Honda Airblade scooter to work in Bkk everyday and back for about 4 years. This involved Sukhumvit rd, Rama IV, Silom rd or maybe Sathorn rd sometimes. Some of the busiest roads in Bangkok. These trips were in morning rush hour traffic. I then bought a new Honda CBR150 and for 2 years, I arrived at work much faster. Yes that's right, even fast than on my scooter. I now have a new Ninja 250 that is even wider and heavier than the CBR. I now arrive at work even faster. I know, it's quite unbelievable. The Ninja can cut between cars just as easy as my scooter but also much faster. Those little bursts of quick acceleration that you may need to get into gaps between cars that emerge is a big advantage compared to a scooter. And when the traffic does open up a bit I am gone, leaving the scooters far behind, which can make all the difference when you need to make the changing green lights etc. But there are other riders that I see passing me by in Bkk morning rush hour traffic and they are usually riding Ninja650s or ER6Ns.

In conclusion, you have no idea what you are talking about and/or you need to improve on your city riding skills.

• Like 1

I used to ride my Honda Airblade scooter to work in Bkk everyday and back for about 4 years. This involved Sukhumvit rd, Rama IV, Silom rd or maybe Sathorn rd sometimes. Some of the busiest roads in Bangkok. These trips were in morning rush hour traffic. I then bought a new Honda CBR150 and for 2 years, I arrived at work much faster. Yes that's right, even fast than on my scooter. I now have a new Ninja 250 that is even wider and heavier than the CBR. I now arrive at work even faster. I know, it's quite unbelievable. The Ninja can cut between cars just as easy as my scooter but also much faster. Those little bursts of quick acceleration that you may need to get into gaps between cars that emerge is a big advantage compared to a scooter. And when the traffic does open up a bit I am gone, leaving the scooters far behind, which can make all the difference when you need to make the changing green lights etc. But there are other riders that I see passing me by in Bkk morning rush hour traffic and they are usually riding Ninja650s or ER6Ns.

In conclusion, you have no idea what you are talking about and/or you need to improve on your city riding skills.

U can try to prove to urself or others that's its faster on bigger bike but dont u understand that everyone have their own way of perspective! !

Im done with this stupid talk about faster in traffic with bigger bike! I said it before and now I have to say it again!! the smaller the size of the vehicle the faster in tight traffic! Give me a racer bicycle and I be there before you for sure! Even have time to make some tv posts about it before I see you arrive.

I dont wanna hear it no more that I need to learn how to drive in traffic!

Question, so the new CB500 have a 9000RPM rev limiter?

if so, that really really sux!

Does anybody know if there is any way to remove it? Im planing to buy a big bike by the end of the year...

in that case I might just go for a Z250 or Ninja 250, assuming they don't have this stupid rev-limiter...

Edited by brfsa2

U can try to prove to urself or others that's its faster on bigger bike but dont u understand that everyone have their own way of perspective! !

Im done with this stupid talk about faster in traffic with bigger bike! I said it before and now I have to say it again!! the smaller the size of the vehicle the faster in tight traffic! Give me a racer bicycle and I be there before you for sure! Even have time to make some tv posts about it before I see you arrive.

I dont wanna hear it no more that I need to learn how to drive in traffic!

agree, everyone has a different way of driving... driving and cutting through traffic with a big bike is no easy task... needs lots of skills.

i think i would get really stressed out by doing that.

a fast scooter is not bad, specially those with 125cc... they got good power. I drove a yamaha 125cc 2012 model the other day, damn that little shitty engine is fast in the traffic...