Cbr 500Cc Leaked Pic

greg71

Just sat on a CBR 500 and i must say...i like !

Feels incredibly nimble for a 500, almost more so than the 250.

Will be buying one when the secondhand market starts to trickle down.

Mine will be for sale very soon but you have to like Red :) - will be posting a sales add in a week or so here on Thai Visa.

Why selling? Want something more powerful?

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Mine will be for sale very soon but you have to like Red smile.png - will be posting a sales add in a week or so here on Thai Visa.

Haven't you heard ? He read one of your infamous posts about the bike's redline and decided he couldn't live with it anymore.....

My 1000 km service cost 1923 baht.

The labour cost is for 3 hours of labour, not only for replacing the shims, but the other things they do too.

300 baht per hour ain't that much. Do you want to work for 300 baht per hour? Didn't think so.

Read my post a bit more carefully - the charge ONLY for shims was 800 baht. For about one hours work. And no, before you ask, I don't work for 800 baht an hour either. But neither do mechanics in Thailand - they are lucky to get 150 an hour, so the price is mostly unearned profit for the dealer. Compare this approach to the service charges for my CBR250 at a non-BigWing Honda dealer - I pay only for oil and parts - labour costs for service charges were built into the profit margin. I think that the BigWings are being a bit Greedy. And I have been told by Japanese friends that the Thai made CB500 in Japan costs ONLY for oil and parts, no extra labour charges for first service, including shim adjustment.

The shims don't cost that much. I'll check my invoice later, but I remember they are less than 100 baht each.

Back to the shim question. Just had the 1000 km service. Cost over 2000 baht, including 800 baht for shims. As the shims themselves cost FA, them this is labour cost of 800 baht for about one or two hours work at most. A bit steep. And they replaced 5 shims, so it looks like the check was necessary.

And I don't get why the synthetic oil they suggest is so expensive, nor why it is used so early in life of the engine. I thought synthetics are best used after engine is well bedded in - say 5000 km +??

My 1000 km service cost 1923 baht.

The labour cost is for 3 hours of labour, not only for replacing the shims, but the other things they do too.

300 baht per hour ain't that much. Do you want to work for 300 baht per hour? Didn't think so.

I went to Pirelli the other day and I had to pay a service charge of 600 baht for a 20 minute job.

If you want quality and western standards, you will pay for it.

But I don't mind paying it here, as back home it will cost more than double.

Pirelli! Tell us ur setup and please also some feedback about your tires! smile.png

Haven't changed the tires yet. The front valve was f*cked and they replaced it with one of these bent shiny valves. Looks pretty neat.

Still don't know how it happened.

Will change to Pirellis when the Dunlops are worn out.

Will probably go for the Angel ST's, best choice for the kind of riding I do.

Did anybody think about painting the bike in black?

Lol! It's available in black already.

wow, I did not know that, so silly. I always see red or white version so I though they did not offer black

I was just wathing this video

and the gey posted comment he got one for 6000 USD, is that for real???

How can it be cheaper in USA than in Thailand?

Probably related to the Thai governments genius policy of hiking the taxes on fuel efficient motorbikes that are take up limited road space, in order to help subsidize huge rebates for congestion causing, less fuel efficient cars.

Luckily Bangkok doesn't have any traffic issues or this would appear incredibly stupid. Uhhhh, wait a minute...

• Like 2

Almost all material objects, real propery and food are cheaper in the usa

A 40' container only cost a few 1000 dollars i wonder how many bikes would fit in it...

Edited by yankee99
  • Like 1

People that quote American prices or prices for other countries, hardly ever mention the price after tax, title, dealer rape, etc...

If he paid 6000 USD, it was probably closer to 7000 USD out the door, and thats before having to buy mandatory liability insurance at another $250-400 per year

I got a question for you guys!!

How long did you wait for the registration book and number plate?

4 months and still waiting. But i am waiting for a special number so that is why it takes long time i guess.

Anyway, i am ok as they cannot take a photo of my license plate!

4 months and still waiting. But i am waiting for a special number so that is why it takes long time i guess.

Why are you doing hit n run with ur bike? Haha.

So I guess I just have to hold on abit longer then

People that quote American prices or prices for other countries, hardly ever mention the price after tax, title, dealer rape, etc...

If he paid 6000 USD, it was probably closer to 7000 USD out the door, and thats before having to buy mandatory liability insurance at another $250-400 per year

Every state is different . My state florida doesnt have mandatory liabilty for bike. Thats going back 3-4 years but i dont think its changed. Tax is/was only 6% so thats $120.00.

You can bet your last baht that if you shop in the states you will always pay less for a big bike or car.

• Like 1

Probably related to the Thai governments genius policy of hiking the taxes on fuel efficient motorbikes that are take up limited road space, in order to help subsidize huge rebates for congestion causing, less fuel efficient cars.

Incorrect.

It was already (considerably) more expensive in Thailand before that new tax was introduced.

Which says quite a lot about Thailand and vehicle taxes.

Edited by Salapoo

Every state is different . My state florida doesnt have mandatory liabilty for bike. Thats going back 3-4 years but i dont think its changed. Tax is/was only 6% so thats $120.00.

You can bet your last baht that if you shop in the states you will always pay less for a big bike or car.

In California out the door prices for the CBR 250 (non abs) is around $5200 (156,000k baht)...

At US dealers apart from tax, you also have the title fee (about $250) as well as dealer prep fee ($200-300), and the famous 'this color cost more fee' (another $200-300)...

Much more than Thailand at 99k baht.

The pre 2013 Ninja 250's were about the same as thailand, but that was when the carb versions were being sold, and they cost less.

Edited by KRS1

After 7 weeks of waiting I went to Big Wing and demanded my plate.

They immediately got round to it and 2 days later I had my plate and green book.

Yours is probably ready already too, just go there and ask about it. Looks like they are too lazy occupied to call their customers.

Legally you can only ride without a plate for 30 days. As soon as I told them they would be paying the fine, they got round to it pretty quickly.

Incorrect.

It was already (considerably) more expensive in Thailand before that new tax was introduced.

You sure? I thought before the new tax it was 200,000 baht which is around 6600 USD. Is that significantly more than the US for the ABS version?

They immediately got round to it and 2 days later I had my plate and green book.

Yours is probably ready already too, just go there and ask about it. Looks like they are too lazy occupied to call their customers.

Legally you can only ride without a plate for 30 days. As soon as I told them they would be paying the fine, they got round to it pretty quickly.

Thanks thats what I thought!! There must be a limit of how long you can ride without the new plate. Appreciate the Info.

Incorrect.

You sure? I thought before the new tax it was 200,000 baht which is around 6600 USD. Is that significantly more than the US for the ABS version?

Not significantly, no. I was mistakenly going by the Non-ABS version in the states at around 179,xxx thb.

ABS version is around 194,xxx.

Still cheaper than whatever it was before the tax hike.

Yes i asked them once. They said lots of registrationa this year so the system is congested and special number takes long time. But if i want a normal plate, they said they can do it within a week. No probs.

I want to wait my special number.

And, i bought my cbr500r for 204 k thb before extra tax and that time 6499 usd abs model usa price was around 199 k as dollar was close to 31 thb those times - now around 29 thb.

Edited by loserlazer

I thought special numbers were faster. My understanding is the dealers are allocated xxx amount of each number singles, doubles and triples. Triples be the hardest and most expensive. This year may be difficult because they now have 4 digit plates. This means 9999 as opposed to every 999 thats a big difference.

My bike was delivered before xmas and my plate came early february...

Mine will be for sale very soon but you have to like Red smile.png - will be posting a sales add in a week or so here on Thai Visa.

No I took a job back in my home country so no need for the bike anymore, I could store at one of my condos in Bangkok or Pattaya but I figured what the point it's a nice bike, sell it and let someone enjoy it at a reduced price. Just picked up the plate and registration from Honda today, still waiting on the Green Book which is why it's not listed for sale yet.

Edited by commande

Tha non abs price is 180000 BHT? Really?

Is there a big difference between abs and non abs, can that play a big role in savings somebodys life?

Also are black version available in Pattaya or BKK?

Does black version cost more?

And oh boy the black one looks amazing!!

Edited by expatsupreme

Tha non abs price is 180000 BHT? Really?

Is there a big difference between abs and non abs, can that play a big role in savings somebodys life?

Also are black version available in Pattaya or BKK?

Does black version cost more?

And oh boy the black one looks amazing!!

In thailand we have only abs version. And yes its a differens in that u can brake hard ass hell and u wont lock ur wheel's in other words u wont slip and crash! Ofc there's experienced riders who can even brake more effective without abs due to more stopping power can be added! However I wudnt recommend using non abs when there is abs! :) yes I wud pretty much say that abs can save ur live!

Oil filter price and p/n if you know it.

I believe the 500 is the same filter as the cbr1000/600rr .... Please let me know as i want to do a oil change today...

Obviously it won't help you today, but K&N filters are 480 baht shipped from 'ybfilters' out of the UK off eBay- they arrive in less than a week with no import charges- I've already got four of 'em.

You'd want the 204.

Haven't you heard ? He read one of your infamous posts about the bike's redline and decided he couldn't live with it anymore.....

LOL