Cbr 500Cc Leaked Pic

greg71

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

OK, since sup3rior hasn't gotten back to the forum yet & since his experience is of interest to many here I'll say a little about his bike as I saw it. I hope he doesn't mind & I hope he comes on soon to give a fuller report.

<snip> ............................................................................edited for brevity ..................................................................... <snip>

Sup3rior joined me for a short ride up Doi Suthep after we left the shop. His bike seemed to perform just fine. From his riding, from his comments on the bike and from his own admission, it is clear that he is not experienced with "big bikes". I am fully willing to accept that his bike had some real cosmetic issues surrounding the fairings, etc. But when it came to the other things, I think much of his anxiety was a result of inexperience, over-sensitivity & misinterpretation.

Sorry if my take on all this is coming across too harshly. I don't mean to put down sup3rior so much as to allay the worries of others who are thinking about buying, or have put deposits down on, the new Honda 500s. As I mentioned before, so far I have no real complaints about my bike. In fact, I could be happier. I hope sup3rior finds some of that happiness too.

would seem the lad has nothing to add. Perhaps he was displeased to be informed it was all in his head.

About my 1000km service in BW Chiang mai.I drove in at about 3pm they said you have to leave the bike overnight as it is too hot and they will be able to start working on it at 8am next day. I saw a huge truck delivering about 20 bikes so I knew they just gonna get those bikes ready for tomorrow. I left a note for the mechanic a paper with 8 things to look at that bother me, we went though them together. Next day I show up at 3pm they are all busy giving new bikes away for people who ordered. Had to wait another 1.5 hour for my bike. My service costed me 3000 bht because of synthetic oil I put in.

Decided to take it for a spin after service to Doi Suthep with one of the guys with his new CB500F. Noticed that the chain noise is still there (which now gotten worse). Weird noises still coming out from the bike in neutral. Even flipping rubber seal that came off under the fork where the suspension is, that came off during my drive to Chiang Mai they didnt even bother putting that in place even though I pointed that out. Came back there they were too busy, said I might have to leave the bike again for a night. Couldnt do it anymore as I had to go back to Chiang Rai so I left really pissed off.

I do want to ask, my chain makes really weird noise, well not that is out of ordinary but it is loud. TO describe the noise, imagine finishing when you throw it in and start reeling it back in the mechanism produces their clicking noise. Or when you walk through loads of fry leaves in autumn, thats what I hear at the rear wheel where chain is rotating. How loud it is? Well I can hear it till I hear 50kmp with helmet on, even on a road with cars around me. Is it normal? I really cant be asked to drive to Chiang Mai for this.

Other than that its okay I enjoy the bike quite a lot. Was going 150 the other day, vibration seems to be better now, I tried their test drive bike same thing if not worse so I guess mine was normal.

About my 1000km service in BW Chiang mai.I drove in at about 3pm they said you have to leave the bike overnight as it is too hot and they will be able to start working on it at 8am next day. I saw a huge truck delivering about 20 bikes so I knew they just gonna get those bikes ready for tomorrow. I left a note for the mechanic a paper with 8 things to look at that bother me, we went though them together. Next day I show up at 3pm they are all busy giving new bikes away for people who ordered. Had to wait another 1.5 hour for my bike. My service costed me 3000 bht because of synthetic oil I put in.

Decided to take it for a spin after service to Doi Suthep with one of the guys with his new CB500F. Noticed that the chain noise is still there (which now gotten worse). Weird noises still coming out from the bike in neutral. Even flipping rubber seal that came off under the fork where the suspension is, that came off during my drive to Chiang Mai they didnt even bother putting that in place even though I pointed that out. Came back there they were too busy, said I might have to leave the bike again for a night. Couldnt do it anymore as I had to go back to Chiang Rai so I left really pissed off.

I do want to ask, my chain makes really weird noise, well not that is out of ordinary but it is loud. TO describe the noise, imagine finishing when you throw it in and start reeling it back in the mechanism produces their clicking noise. Or when you walk through loads of fry leaves in autumn, thats what I hear at the rear wheel where chain is rotating. How loud it is? Well I can hear it till I hear 50kmp with helmet on, even on a road with cars around me. Is it normal? I really cant be asked to drive to Chiang Mai for this.

Other than that its okay I enjoy the bike quite a lot. Was going 150 the other day, vibration seems to be better now, I tried their test drive bike same thing if not worse so I guess mine was normal.

Superior welcome.

I was worried a bit.

I am glad that your bike is fine but i guess the mechs in bigwing chiang mai not that efficient like in bangkok bigwing.

I oil my chain with muc-off spray chain lube - 500 thb something - every 1000 km and i do not have any excessive chain noise. Clean and oil your chain with a good quality imported lube.

While in neutral, bike vibrates more but mine never rattles. Mirrors shake a bit though.

Just enjoy your bike.

Superior welcome.

I was worried a bit.

I am glad that your bike is fine but i guess the mechs in bigwing chiang mai not that efficient like in bangkok bigwing.

I oil my chain with muc-off spray chain lube - 500 thb something - every 1000 km and i do not have any excessive chain noise. Clean and oil your chain with a good quality imported lube.

While in neutral, bike vibrates more but mine never rattles. Mirrors shake a bit though.

Just enjoy your bike.

I started oiling it about every week. Not even 300km apart. It helps with noise but after 2 days but to square one. Used some lube 200bht spray. Where did you bought yours?

Superior welcome.

I was worried a bit.

Just enjoy your bike.

I started oiling it about every week. Not even 300km apart. It helps with noise but after 2 days but to square one. Used some lube 200bht spray. Where did you bought yours?

Kawasaki dealerships carry Motul chain lube...works really well.

If you don't mind my asking, what exactly were you using?

Superior welcome.

I was worried a bit.

Just enjoy your bike.

Kawasaki dealerships carry Motul chain lube...works really well.

If you don't mind my asking, what exactly were you using?

Veloil chain lube got it from a bike shop for 200 bht. Its a spray "state of the art penetrating oil" it says lol.

Will look for better stuff. But the noise started well before using this spray.

BTW CM DAZ, thank you for you response. Nice to see you finally here.

I forgot to mention, may be I did. How I noticed that rear break had issue? Next to my apartment there is a 1km stretch of gravel road with no surface, my rear wheel just stopped while I was still moving. I made it home at 20 kmph, I was able to start going after leaving bike for 20 mins. Not happened yet after service.

If I can get that bloody chain sound fixed Iam one happy man. Started experience this about at about 700-800km.

LooserLazer,

Sorry for your tire, how did that happen? I found a small nail stuck in my rear tire, not sure if I drove over one, or kids at my school were playing games. Took it out was afraid it was punctured all the way through but its okay no loss of pressure.

In regards to your comment about mirrors, yeah they are very long. I Hit a car once while crawling through the traffic:) When I was going to the BigWing CHiang mai on a windy day I at 120kmp my right mirror was vibrating a lot for about 3 minutes, I couldnt see much just a blur. :)

@ sup3r1or...

I don't think the use of Veloil is the cause. I've used a few cans of it and it seems to do a decent job although not as good as the more expensive lubes. Have you checked the tension of the chain? Not sure about Honda dealers but Pirelli Showpow left my chain massively over-tightened after they put my new tyres on and it was making horrible noises until I adjusted it, especially changing gear.

superior

i use 'muc off' chain lube and i bought it from Panda rider but a Veloil is also good. and yeah, check the chain as it need to be adjusted pretty well.

I am not sure how i got the nail most probably from metro construction.

If you have a nail, just get it fixed in a car tire shop from inside teh tire not a plug outside.

I tighten the mirrors many times but they get loose after some time again.

Alright this is entertaining, if anyone can help me decode this message. I got in touch with Honda Bigwing about my chain noise problem. This is the reply I got quote "I'm so sorry to have to be corrected as well as it should. I have tried a few long comprehension. I would make a noisy chain oil is used to oil the O-ring chain in particular. And the tires are new, it is normal, especially in the original tires that do not support very high speed. The solution in this case you have to change a tire with a high silencing the security aspects. Recommended to use a tire " PIRELLI " tires have to admit that very road. Sorry for the slow response is that we need to take a few minutes."

Alright this is entertaining, if anyone can help me decode this message. I got in touch with Honda Bigwing about my chain noise problem. This is the reply I got quote "I'm so sorry to have to be corrected as well as it should. I have tried a few long comprehension. I would make a noisy chain oil is used to oil the O-ring chain in particular. And the tires are new, it is normal, especially in the original tires that do not support very high speed. The solution in this case you have to change a tire with a high silencing the security aspects. Recommended to use a tire " PIRELLI " tires have to admit that very road. Sorry for the slow response is that we need to take a few minutes."

Kind of looks like they took their Thai answer & google translated it for you into English.:)

Or maybe just this is the English of the person responding.

In any case I believe they are just saying...Sorry it (Chain Noise ) should have been corrected at the service

By using a good chain oil specific to O-Ring Chains.

As for tires road noise you will always have it with the stock tires & you should consider some good tires

like Pirelli smile.png For both reduction of road noise but also better grip/security

Ok that is my guess wink.png

Edited by mania

Kind of looks like they took their Thai answer & google translated it for you into English.smile.png

Or maybe just this is the English of the person responding.

In any case I believe they are just saying...Sorry it (Chain Noise ) should have been corrected at the service

By using a good chain oil specific to O-Ring Chains.

As for tires road noise you will always have it with the stock tires & you should consider some good tires

like Pirelli smile.png For both reduction of road noise but also better grip/security

I never said anything to them about tire noise, they are fine. Besides I dont drive that fast, this chain noise is there up until 50kmh at after that wind blocks it.

How certain am I? Well I raised the rear wheel put it in gear and listened, theres no contact with the ground so it cannot be tires. But nice way to try and pitch me pirelli tires how much are those actually?

I never said anything to them about tire noise, they are fine. Besides I dont drive that fast, this chain noise is there up until 50kmh at after that wind blocks it.

How certain am I? Well I raised the rear wheel put it in gear and listened, theres no contact with the ground so it cannot be tires. But nice way to try and pitch me pirelli tires how much are those actually?

Well to be fair as I said above that was just my "Guess" at what they were telling you :)

also to be fair I do not think anyone here who even speaks English as their First Language

really "Knows" what your describing. So to that end it is not surprising that for someone who

English is not their first language to also be confused by your "problems" description

The idea about tire noise may just have been their attempt at guessing at possible cures for what your describing

I still do not understand: Is the chain now correctly adjusted (too tight or loose)? And is the chain running straight aka rear wheel properly aligned? sup3r1or, did you check this yourself?

If everything looks OK than i would just accept the "noise" and have fun :)

@sup3erior

Usually change noise is going to come from a chain that is over tightened. If you can take a video with the bike resting on its stand. Get a ruler/tape measure and move the chain up and down while holding the tape in front.... this way maybe we can see what the issue is.

fyi every time i have had some chain issue the thais always think it is to loose, Also the chain will get tighter when you sit on the bike. If you are heavy all the more reason to check this yourself.

Not sure if this has been covered in previous posts if it has please ignore....

@sup3erior

Usually change noise is going to come from a chain that is over tightened. If you can take a video with the bike resting on its stand. Get a ruler/tape measure and move the chain up and down while holding the tape in front.... this way maybe we can see what the issue is.

fyi every time i have had some chain issue the thais always think it is to loose, Also the chain will get tighter when you sit on the bike. If you are heavy all the more reason to check this yourself.

Thanks for your reply, the chain appeared a bit loose before my service, however a guy at a local shop who services big bikes showed me by pressing with 2 people on a bike that it is fine because once you sit on it or go over the pot holes you dont want it to be too tight. This noise started before the service and got even worse 2 days after the service. BigWing chiang mai told me its too loose so they did tighten it I suppose, I wasnt present during the bikes service as they did it partially over night. They had about 20 bikes delivered that they had to prepare to give away on the same day as my bike was suppose to be serviced. They were so busy to even tell me what they have actually done with it. I did ask them to check this part thoroughly. Since they didn't even put rubber seals in place on some caps I think they might have skipped a few things.

I will make a video of it soon and put it up for you guys.

@ wantan That is exactly what I have asked them to do.

What did upset me about their service though is I wanted to do dyno test, I called before coming they said OK no problem come over we will do it. They said the same thing I was in the shop to leave the bike, we will do dyno tomorrow.

When I came to pick up and asked so lets do dyno test, they said machines are not ready you need to comeback after 3 weeks.

@mania Iam not blaming you or anything, I was talking about their view on it. I just surprised they stick exactly pirelli tired into it.

@sup3erior

Thanks for your reply, the chain appeared a bit loose before my service, however a guy at a local shop who services big bikes showed me by pressing with 2 people on a bike that it is fine because once you sit on it or go over the pot holes you dont want it to be too tight. This noise started before the service and got even worse 2 days after the service. BigWing chiang mai told me its too loose so they did tighten it I suppose, I wasnt present during the bikes service as they did it partially over night. They had about 20 bikes delivered that they had to prepare to give away on the same day as my bike was suppose to be serviced. They were so busy to even tell me what they have actually done with it. I did ask them to check this part thoroughly. Since they didn't even put rubber seals in place on some caps I think they might have skipped a few things.

What did upset me about their service though is I wanted to do dyno test, I called before coming they said OK no problem come over we will do it. They said the same thing I was in the shop to leave the bike, we will do dyno tomorrow.

When I came to pick up and asked so lets do dyno test, they said machines are not ready you need to comeback after 3 weeks.

@mania Iam not blaming you or anything, I was talking about their view on it. I just surprised they stick exactly pirelli tired into it.

Just remember thais domnot want confrontation som they will tell you what you want to hear even though it is not the truth. It seeems to me you need to do some research on the internet and find out how lose or how tight the chain needs to be and then do your own adjustment as well as wheel alignment.
  • Like 1

@sup3erior

Just remember thais domnot want confrontation som they will tell you what you want to hear even though it is not the truth. It seeems to me you need to do some research on the internet and find out how lose or how tight the chain needs to be and then do your own adjustment as well as wheel alignment.

I will definitely buy some more tools and start doing the research I would love to learn some of it from someone experienced first to make sure I wont screw up anything. That is why atm I prefer to get my bike there to well professionals. Just that 300km + driving there and back costs time and money every time.

Hi Guys,

Ehhhh I must have a bad luck, was really a s@#t day.

I have 2 questions I want to ask:

1. What kind of a shop can repair tires for big bikes? I have been with my wife to cockpit once but that was car related. Never seen any bikes there. I found 2 nails in my rear tire today. 1 was halfway in, managed to take it out. However the second one must have went 1 inch in or more, I can only see the tip and need pliers to take it out which I dont want to do.

2. Well my bike fell down today, on a side. I parked next to my apartment kickstand springed back while I was tilting it to the side and it started falling on me. I couldnt pull it out because my leg was stuck and was a good chance it would cause some damage to my leg as it was a sharp corner of the stars preventing me from moving it away.

This is the damage, these are not simply scratches on the strip sticker they are deep scratches and little dents on the fairings post-101384-0-30863000-1361273156_thumb.post-101384-0-60448600-1361273198_thumb.

In regards to fixing it will this require changing fairing completely? The damage is on big white one and small black one next to the engine. :(((((

Anyone knows how much will that set me off approximately?

Damage don't look to bad you can just ordr new stickers job done no need for new fairing.

Regarding nails in tyre this could be the noise you have been hearing everytime tyre rotates and the nails hit the road it would make a sound like you described ,never pull a nail out of a tyre unless you are near a shop that can fix the tyre

Edited by taninthai

@supe3rior

Most larger bikes come with basic tools. These should be easily capable of making a chain adjustment if needed. I am sure youtube has lot of vids on the subject. Your owners manual wiil tell you the freeplay [maybe 1.5-2"].

About 1" on a 250 so 500 should be about the same. Probably can figure it out from even a Thai manual.

Hi Guys,

Ehhhh I must have a bad luck, was really a s@#t day.

I have 2 questions I want to ask:

1. What kind of a shop can repair tires for big bikes? I have been with my wife to cockpit once but that was car related. Never seen any bikes there. I found 2 nails in my rear tire today. 1 was halfway in, managed to take it out. However the second one must have went 1 inch in or more, I can only see the tip and need pliers to take it out which I dont want to do.

2. Well my bike fell down today, on a side. I parked next to my apartment kickstand springed back while I was tilting it to the side and it started falling on me. I couldnt pull it out because my leg was stuck and was a good chance it would cause some damage to my leg as it was a sharp corner of the stars preventing me from moving it away.

This is the damage, these are not simply scratches on the strip sticker they are deep scratches and little dents on the fairings post-101384-0-30863000-1361273156_thumb.post-101384-0-60448600-1361273198_thumb.

In regards to fixing it will this require changing fairing completely? The damage is on big white one and small black one next to the engine. :(((((

Anyone knows how much will that set me off approximately?

The CBR 150/250 side cost about 1k plus the sticker like 250.

Don't know about the 500 but they should be a little bit more expensive. Maybe 2 or 3k.

I would just save my money and buy some frame sliders.

It really doesn't look so bad. It's a vehicle it's going to get its little scratches you should try washing it and seeing if some of it might just be dirt from the fall.