Wooden Chess, Where To Buy?

axel2001

There are 2 chesses, Thai chess and Farang chess. Which one are you looking for?

Farang chess, you can find it in Baan Tawai, Hang Dong, the name of shop is Duang, the owner of the shop made wooden(hard) chess for sale, I think, you can find also Thai chess there, made by rain tree wood (not hard wood).

There is a room with many chess tables, not sure if they just play a chess or have a chess class in Pantip Plaza 4th floor (14:00-20:00), may be you can go there to look and ask where you can buy it in the city, you can also take a look at night bazaar, it possible to find it there too.

There are 2 chesses, Thai chess and Farang chess. Which one are you looking for?

Farang chess, you can find it in Baan Tawai, Hang Dong, the name of shop is Duang, the owner of the shop made wooden(hard) chess for sale, I think, you can find also Thai chess there, made by rain tree wood (not hard wood).

There is a room with many chess tables, not sure if they just play a chess or have a chess class in Pantip Plaza 4th floor (14:00-20:00), may be you can go there to look and ask where you can buy it in the city, you can also take a look at night bazaar, it possible to find it there too.

Thx, I will check it out. I need farang chess ( I am not sure what is Thai chess means).

Thx, I will check it out. I need farang chess ( I am not sure what is Thai chess means).

http://ancientchess.com/page/play-makruk.htm

http://www.chessvariants.org/oriental.dir/thai.html

re.

you can also take a look at night bazaar, it possible to find it there too.

hes right ! ... turn left at burger king and after about 400 yards this

wooden games ... puzzle shop is on the right almost opposite the

tourist police box

dave2

post-42592-0-04613800-1347378467_thumb.j

post-42592-0-23636600-1347378537_thumb.j

The wooden ones I have seen have the king and the queen so similar looking that it is easy to make a mistake.

I don't play much now but when I did play I played touch chess so if I made the mistake I had to live with it no excuses. That was for me I did not expect it of others. All though many of them played that way also.