Anyone Had Experiences With Pang Suan Kaew Hotel?

barefoot1988

Some years back I would stay there every time I came as it's a reasonable price and standard and the breakfast buffet is very good imo. After staying a few times I found out that my then girlfriend, now wife, being a Nurse, could flash her ID and get me a 25% discount every time I checked in....bonus ! I also liked the fact that you had the shopping plaza attached but that's become a bit of a bung hole in recent years.

One more note on the location, it is actually pretty central to the various parts of Chiang Mai you might want to check out. The old city within the moat is accessible, just that it's on the far North-West corner so it's a bit of a walk to get to places of interest within the moat.

However the trendy Nimmanhaemin area is also fairly accessible, being a similar walk from the entrance walking due West.

And then lastly there are a lot of small local pubs in the Santitham area which is also close by.

(And it's FAR from the Night Bazar, which can only be a good thing.)

I've never heard anyone (including friends staying there) complain about it, but I gather it isn't special. Fun to ride the elevator!

...Oh yes, a huge pool and on certain weekends there are special things going on in the area between the hotel and the shopping area.

Agree that the location is "moderately handy," but walking is often unpleasant if not hazardous to your health. I suggest Songtaos or tuk tuks.

Edited by Mapguy

I've never heard anyone (including friends staying there) complain about it, but I gather it isn't special. Fun to ride the elevator!

...Oh yes, a huge pool and on certain weekends there are special things going on in the area between the hotel and the shopping area.

Agree that the location is "moderately handy," but walking is often unpleasant if not hazardous to your health. I suggest Songtaos or tuk tuks.

From the hotel entrance, go left and out through the carpark over a little bridge. It's an easy 5 to 10 min walk direct to the middle of Nimmen (Soi 13) restaurant/bar area. No need to go via the busy Huay Keaw Road.

Run down. Smells musty or mildew in there. Probably from the old roof leaking. I don't like places who have a man who works inside the toilets trying to dry your hands, help you...whatever...for a tip. Don't like it here or anywhere else in the world.

Edited by elektrified