Isaan Farmers Meeting No. 6

irrigator

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi; Irrigator , have you updated the spread sheet for conformation for members attending ,and rooms booked for the ones requiring them?

I haven't updated the spreadsheet but have booked rooms for all those who have confirmed since I posted the spreadsheet.

Regards

Hello Irrigator,

Wasn't sure for a while. Thought I might have to make an emergency trip to my coffee plantation with some family to pick coffee. Hard to get help because past coffee pickers have found harvesting rubber more lucrative-- dam_n those rubber tree plantations and their scoundrel owners! Sounds like it can wait a bit more, so should be there with the Thailand-married Lao wife and our soon to be 3-year old daughter (hope that makes sense). I must have missed it, but what's the schedule? I presume we bring our own beer. How do we deal with beer envy problems when I show up with a lot of Beer Lao?

Hello Irrigator,

Wasn't sure for a while. Thought I might have to make an emergency trip to my coffee plantation with some family to pick coffee. Hard to get help because past coffee pickers have found harvesting rubber more lucrative-- dam_n those rubber tree plantations and their scoundrel owners! Sounds like it can wait a bit more, so should be there with the Thailand-married Lao wife and our soon to be 3-year old daughter (hope that makes sense). I must have missed it, but what's the schedule? I presume we bring our own beer. How do we deal with beer envy problems when I show up with a lot of Beer Lao?

I drink yours. Jim

Hello Irrigator,

I drink yours. Jim

And what do you have to bargain with? I stopped smoking.

Hello Irrigator,

I drink yours. Jim

Not getting all healthy are you. To be honost not really a fan of beer Lao more of a Heineken man. Jim

Hello Irrigator,

I drink yours. Jim

YOU? You STOPPED smoking? Never seen you buy a packet.. How can you have stopped? Tell me, do you still carry a Fai Chek?

Sorry guys just packed all the sausages, bacon and even a couple of hams off on a Rot Too to Bangkok. Next time Andy, but income is a necessity and when the MAN rings and needs it all, NOW, what can I do?Compost and fertilisers can do, but no pork this time other than some sausages which I can still do before the meeting. PM if you want anything then it is a simple yes or no.

Guys,

Everything is in order for Saturday. Hotel rooms are booked and have the ability to add more as reqd.

Current schedule is lunch around 1300, farm visit, back to the bar and dinner around 1900 and then the serious drinking.....

WARNING : When you turn off the 2040 to head to the village be careful. The first 900m is good pavement but after that it would not be out of place on the moon. Take it easy on the final run in or do it +160 so the suspension doesn't have time to react......although the natives would not be too impressed....

By all means give me a call when you are on final approach and I will send a runner to guide you in.

Regards

• Like 1

Going to do my best to be there (sorry, everyone). Might have the wife/GF .....................................................

Which ??? whistling.gif

Hello Irrigator,

Wasn't sure for a while. ................................... so should be there with the Thailand-married Lao wife ...................................

Ah!! That oneclap2.gif

Edited by WormFarmer

Hello All,

I'm beginning to look forward to this. In case the conversation on Saturday digresses to the point where there's nothing interesting to talk about except farming, I'd love some input about my plans. The most recent version is here. You should actually probably read the slightly earlier, "Lack of Progress Update" for perspective and perhaps a laugh or two.

Hello Irrigator,

I drink yours. Jim

YOU? You STOPPED smoking? Never seen you buy a packet.. How can you have stopped? Tell me, do you still carry a Fai Chek?

Smoking and paying for them are not necessarily the same thing IA laugh.png

Absolutely. I used to bum them off friends, until I no longer had smoker friends. . . IA, I only carried the fai chek to open bottles of beer. I can't get my head around the open one bottle with another bottle thing. Now I've graduated to a Swiss Army knife with a bottle opener. I'll be bringing a lot of Beer Lao (bottles this time). People can buy them from me at cost but I won't accept trades with, other beers, Singh and Leo, in particular.

Absolutely. I used to bum them off friends, until I no longer had smoker friends. . . IA, I only carried the fai chek to open bottles of beer. I can't get my head around the open one bottle with another bottle thing. Now I've graduated to a Swiss Army knife with a bottle opener. I'll be bringing a lot of Beer Lao (bottles this time). People can buy them from me at cost but I won't accept trades with, other beers, Singh and Leo, in particular.

Well Leo is a given and baht are few and far between, but I will bring a few packs of Boori just in cast you head the "wrong way".

Hi Irrigator,

Thank you AND your dear wife so very much for hoasting such a wonderful 'Meet Up'.

To start off with, thank you for such wonderful instructions/map to help us get to your house. I know that my wife had grave doubts that I would find my way over the 250 kms. being unable to make myself understood in Thai BUT thanks to your instructions it was easy. All bar one found the same so I think his navigator must have had your map unsidedown!!

It was lovely to meet you and your wife and so kind of you both to provide us with such excellent non stop supply of food. After all you had done for everyone, sorry that some visitors under estimated their liquid capacity (or thought they were teetotal!!) and came ill prepared which resulted in more burden on you.

Having never seen hydroponics in action before I found your walk round both fascinating and educational.

Thanks so much for everything and all your work thoroughly appreciatedand hope that we will meet up with both you and your charming wife at a future meeting somewhere.

On my way home, I received a telephone call from my wife saying meet her down at our rubber farm (She had heard that there was a rubber sale today). I did so and spent the afternoon going round all the trees being tapped, learning how to detatch the rubber from their cups. Even though the price is very poor at the moment - no matter! As we have only just started tapping, it will still be a historic moment as having been forking cash out for the last 7 years it will be our 1st. return on our investment.

What a wonderful weekend.

Thanks SO much.

Anthony.

Great meeting, It was nice to meet all my local farmers, Me the Wife and kids had a great day. and up to yet for me the most productive. Sold all my Rhode Island Reds, a tuc-tuc and may be a pick up. Ill be up to see the Ban Phai crowd for a meal and a drink tonight.

Irrigator would like to talk more car stuff soon as soon as you have time pop over for a meal and a few beers tell your wife she worked very hard and she made us all most welcome.

Big Thanks

Andy and Crew

Hi guys, just got some temporary internet access!

BIg Thanks to irrigator for a great party and food, and the possibility to meet new faces, and catch up with "old" friends. thumbsup.gif

Already looking forward to the next meet, and no matter where it'll be, we'll find it! biggrin.png

Thanks a lot from me as well. Even I joint a farmers meeting the first time I felt welcome and well cared for. The excursion to the suan was impressive, I saw the first time falang tomatoes growing properly in Thailand. The party later on was big fun as well....

Respekt for being the host voluntarily, me and my wife really enjoyed the time.

Fatfather

Sent from my HTC Desire HD A9191 using Thaivisa Connect App

Great meeting, It was nice to meet all my local farmers, Me the Wife and kids had a great day. and up to yet for me the most productive. Sold all my Rhode Island Reds, a tuc-tuc and may be a pick up. Ill be up to see the Ban Phai crowd for a meal and a drink tonight.

Irrigator would like to talk more car stuff soon as soon as you have time pop over for a meal and a few beers tell your wife she worked very hard and she made us all most welcome.

Big Thanks

Andy and Crew

Andy,

PM me your phone number and I will get in touch. If you gave it to me on Saturday, sorry, I don't remember !!!