Forum upgrade in progress! ×

Shuttle Service Don Mueang-Suvarnabhumi Airports Starts Oct 1

Lite Beer

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

As the PDRC, is packing up the Latphrao stage today the BMTA is expecting to be able to route all buses via normal routes as of later this afternoon or this evening. That will include the A1. I called both the BMTA & DMCC to confirm

However, expect definitely tomorrow as it may take longer for the BMA to clean the area and for security authorities to conduct a sweep.

In essence A1 to be returning to its normal route from later today, definitely tomorrow.

Also, it was confirmed that the A2 is no longer operating.

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Has anyone tried this the other way (From Don Muang to Suvarnabhumi)? I'm flying into Don Muang next week, then have to catch an international flight the next day from Suvarnabhumi. We are going to spend the night somewhere near Suvarnabhumi as the flight leaves pretty early the next day.

Would I be able to use the service by showing an international ticket for the next day?

Cheers,

Sheba

Found this in the link stated in the post above yours:

Notes: You CAN use the bus even IF your ticket is:

a) for the NEXT or was for the PREVIOUS day, or

cool.png for travel to BKK or DMK and you are using the shuttle simply to get to the OTHER airport but do NOT have an onward flight from that other airport.

J!!!

Yes, I did it 3 weeks ago - BKK or DMK without an onward flight from DMK.

• 2 weeks later...

even at peak, they don't go according to the schedule. Last week I boarded at 10:05 and it went off at 10:33.

In fairness, this new timetable just came out 29 May, I think commencing on 1 June.

Thus, the old timetable being every 30 mins all day, would have had a departure time of 10:30. So it seems that what ever day last week you traveled, the 10:30 bus departed all of 3 mins late!

That seems fairly reasonable for a free bus shuttle.....

I am not complaining or whatsoever. I was just saying the bus might not depart according to the schedule. So that those who will do transit between 2 airports can take note of this.

I am not complaining or whatsoever. I was just saying the bus might not depart according to the schedule. So that those who will do transit between 2 airports can take note of this.

I'm not sure that it is a matter of complaining. It seems more about the possible fact that you missed the 10am departure by a few mins (probably actually 1-2 mins) which always is a bummer and then you had to wait from 10:05am until the 10:30am departed at 10:33am.

There just doesn't appear to be much point in stating the obvious that a bus (a free one at that) might depart a few mins late in BKK does there?

3 mins isn't much of a delay at all ......it is basically on schedule for a Thai bus! Had it been 15 or 20 mins late then yes. Most people don't expect Japan, Swiss or German style strict timetable adherence with public transport in Thailand.

However, given that you don't mention it one assumes that the journey itself was not too long and that no flights were missed??

• 4 weeks later...

Ape at Don Muang shuttle desk angry.png.pagespeed.ce.Cla6z9sEn6.png

I took an Air Asia flight to Udon Thani past 27th June.

As I live in Pattaya, View Talay condo , I took the Pattaya-Suvarnabhumi bus and from there the free shuttle to Don Muang.Everything went smoothly.

When I came back on 3rd July I just wanted to do the same thing backwards, that is shuttle to Suvarnabhumi and then bus to Pattaya.

Yet the ape at the shuttle desk denied me access to the bus in spite of my arrival boarding pass saying I could use the shuttle only if in possession of a Suvarnabhumi air ticket.

So I had to take bus A/1 to Mo Chit , skytrain to Ekamai bus station and bus to Pattaya from there.

Overall it costed me just 62 more baht (30 baht for bus A/1 , 42 baht for skytrain , less 10 baht for Ekamai cheaper ticket) and I arrived about the same time I would have if had taken bus from Suvarnabhumi.

Yet think of the consequences for someone who had no knowledge about skytrain and bus stations, he would have been stranded at the airport at taxi mafia's mercy. Another welcome ticket from Thailand to tourists whistling.gif .

Besides the shuttle bus is always dramatically empty , what's the use of denying access to travellers ? Do they think people have fun going from an airport to another ?

Ape at Don Muang shuttle desk angry.png.pagespeed.ce.Cla6z9sEn6.png

I took an Air Asia flight to Udon Thani past 27th June.

As I live in Pattaya, View Talay condo , I took the Pattaya-Suvarnabhumi bus and from there the free shuttle to Don Muang.Everything went smoothly.

When I came back on 3rd July I just wanted to do the same thing backwards, that is shuttle to Suvarnabhumi and then bus to Pattaya.

Yet the ape at the shuttle desk denied me access to the bus in spite of my arrival boarding pass saying I could use the shuttle only if in possession of a Suvarnabhumi air ticket.

So I had to take bus A/1 to Mo Chit , skytrain to Ekamai bus station and bus to Pattaya from there.

Overall it costed me just 62 more baht (30 baht for bus A/1 , 42 baht for skytrain , less 10 baht for Ekamai cheaper ticket) and I arrived about the same time I would have if had taken bus from Suvarnabhumi.

Yet think of the consequences for someone who had no knowledge about skytrain and bus stations, he would have been stranded at the airport at taxi mafia's mercy. Another welcome ticket from Thailand to tourists whistling.gif .

Besides the shuttle bus is always dramatically empty , what's the use of denying access to travellers ? Do they think people have fun going from an airport to another ?

I had the same experience when i came back from Krabi a couple of weeks ago. What's the point of having a shuttle to go but not come back, crazy. It took me 2 hours to get to Suvarnabhumi. I will never fly from Don Meoung again.

• 3 weeks later...

If I bring a paper itinerary to show proof of my flight departing from BKK, would that be sufficient enough to get permission to board the bus departing from Don Mueang?

Just want to make sure....smile.png

Yes.

Thank you. wai.gif

• 4 weeks later...

Has anything changed in the last month. I was thinking of going to Chaing Mai by plane from Don Mueang . As I live in Pattaya I thought easy, bus to Swampy and shuttle bus to DMK.

Then I read that its ok from from BKK to DMK but after your return flight its not possible to use the shuttle bus. It it still thre same.

Has anything changed in the last month. I was thinking of going to Chaing Mai by plane from Don Mueang . As I live in Pattaya I thought easy, bus to Swampy and shuttle bus to DMK.

Then I read that its ok from from BKK to DMK but after your return flight its not possible to use the shuttle bus. It it still thre same.

Why not take the bus to Mo Chit and then the A1 to DMK?

Going to DMK is the easy bit. Coming back is the problem.

Why?

Your query was related to traveling from Pattaya to DMK via swampy via the AOT shuttle given that you have a flight ex DMK. And then the reverse trip being a problem as you have no flight from Swampy.

I suggested why not just take a Pattaya bus to Mo Chit (many times more frequent than buses or vans to Swampy) and then just take the A1 (30 baht). I think that this would be both quicker and easier. However, you may disagree on both counts.

For the return, you obviously then just do the reverse. ie. A1 to Mo Chit and bus to Pattaya.

• 4 weeks later...

So if I use my Airasia ticket departing from Don Mueng at Swampy to use the shuttle bus, then I can get on the shuttle bus. When I come back and want to get on the shuttle service back to Swampy and I don't have a ticket departing from Swampy, then I cannot.

That is a problem, as I will have parked my car at Swampy. I could park my car as Don Mueng I guess, but that would mess up other plans.

I won't bore you with all the details why I have to do it like this, but any thoughts on how I could park my car at the short or long term car park at Swampy, then board the shuttle bus or any bus (the transport terminal is at the Swampy Long Term Parking) and then return to Swampy to get my car. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

In fact this bus may do the job, does anyone know if it is still running?

• Bus Number 554 - Suvarnabhumi Airport - Don Muang Airport (Expressway)

Thanks for you help

• 5 weeks later...

Did you take the BTS from MoChit to Ekami to save time?

There are busses from MoChit to Pattaya, right?

I have lots of baggage so would go directly from MoChit to Pattaya.

Passengers board buses at the first floor of Don Mueang Airport's Terminal 1

Anyone know where on the first floor of Don Mueng the bus departs. If I'm going to catch the shuttle it will probably be with just minutes to spare.

Air Asia flights from Phnom Penh arrive at Terminal 1, right?

Did you take the BTS from MoChit to Ekami to save time?

There are busses from MoChit to Pattaya, right?

I have lots of baggage so would go directly from MoChit to Pattaya.

Yes buses from Mo Chit Bus station to Cesspool City, depart every 20 mins. Usually a quicker journey time than the Ekkamai buses too. Just take the A1 to Mo Chit Bus station

Passengers board buses at the first floor of Don Mueang Airport's Terminal 1

Anyone know where on the first floor of Don Mueng the bus departs. If I'm going to catch the shuttle it will probably be with just minutes to spare.

Air Asia flights from Phnom Penh arrive at Terminal 1, right?

There is only one terminal open at DMK, T1.

The shuttle bus departs just outside Exit 4. Big signage with the departure times (check the schedule back in the thread), so you can't miss it. A staff member will check that you have an outbound flight from BKK prior to allowing you to board

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Why?

Your query was related to traveling from Pattaya to DMK via swampy via the AOT shuttle given that you have a flight ex DMK. And then the reverse trip being a problem as you have no flight from Swampy.

I suggested why not just take a Pattaya bus to Mo Chit (many times more frequent than buses or vans to Swampy) and then just take the A1 (30 baht). I think that this would be both quicker and easier. However, you may disagree on both counts.

For the return, you obviously then just do the reverse. ie. A1 to Mo Chit and bus to Pattaya.

As I live on Thepprasit Road in Pattaya, the Airport bus going is ideal, comong back I dont really want to end up at the terminal on Pattaya Nua.

Archived