Royal Princess Dim Sum

LawrenceChee

U are right mate :-) for those with a bike I recommend the mandarin oriental fujian restaurant

I think there are misconceptions that as it is in a fancy hotel it must be expensive the reverse is true

For the price u pay about 600-700 for 2 pax the quality, service and ambience of the restaurants is absolute great value

Plus thy have a very good selection of Chinese teas for those who would like to try

That remains my favorite dim sum restaurant in Chiang Mai and I highly recommend it for a nice afternoon out.

I will try your recommendation next week as well

It's about 5 mins drive after the railway station an very easy to find ...kkk I am not attaching directions as it drives the GPS and google map people mad !

Those following my food and hotel postings would know I have been to most around town :-)

There's a place along Kampaengdin that is very popular. I ate there once when they were a smaller operation and thought it was OK but maybe they improved or it fits other people's palettes as its much bigger now.

There is also a place near Kaew Nawarat rd entrance to Arcade bus station. On Kaew Naw Rd just west about 50yards or so from Arcade entrance. Small little shophouse, someone told me they supplied some of the hotels. They were very good but that was a few years back.

U are right mate :-) for those with a bike I recommend the mandarin oriental fujian restaurant

I think there are misconceptions that as it is in a fancy hotel it must be expensive the reverse is true

For the price u pay about 600-700 for 2 pax the quality, service and ambience of the restaurants is absolute great value

Plus thy have a very good selection of Chinese teas for those who would like to try

That remains my favorite dim sum restaurant in Chiang Mai and I highly recommend it for a nice afternoon out.

I will try your recommendation next week as well

It's about 5 mins drive after the railway station an very easy to find ...kkk I am not attaching directions as it drives the GPS and google map people mad !

Those following my food and hotel postings would know I have been to most around town :-)

Must be a few years since you went to Fujian! Lunch dim sum price is 800 baht per person plus all the taxes and service charge. Best in town IMHO. I go regularly. If you buy a Dine In Style Member card (4,000 baht) you get a good discount.

KhunOr

I salute u ;-) ...that's the price for all you can eat dim sum buffet !

Personally I enjoy 4-5 items per lunch so I order ala carte ...the buffet would have been wasted on me.

Glad to find another OP who loves this place ...will check out the recommended card is that only for MoHg or other places as well ?

There's a place along Kampaengdin that is very popular. I ate there once when they were a smaller operation and thought it was OK but maybe they improved or it fits other people's palettes as its much bigger now.

There is also a place near Kaew Nawarat rd entrance to Arcade bus station. On Kaew Naw Rd just west about 50yards or so from Arcade entrance. Small little shophouse, someone told me they supplied some of the hotels. They were very good but that was a few years back.

I think this is it

http://maps.google.com.au/maps?q=Toey+Dimsum,+165%2F2+Khampangdin+Road,+Chang+Moi,+Mueang+Chiang+Mai,+Chiang+Mai+50300,+Thailand&hl=en&ll=18.778774,98.996311&spn=0.00322,0.004495&sll=18.785133,98.998554&sspn=0.00644,0.008991&hq=Toey+Dimsum,+165%2F2+Khampangdin+Road,&hnear=Chang+Moi,+Mueang+Chiang+Mai,+Chiang+Mai,+Thailand&t=m&z=17&iwloc=A

and the menu

http://www.toeydimsum.com/menu-en.html