Phuket... Nice Place... But Getting Crowded...

kiwiinasia

Never been to Phuket, so I might check it out soon. Read all the dreadful things about it on here and it put me off going. But I went to Pattaya (after reading the dreadful things on here) and didn't find any of the dreadful things. In fact, it was a fairly friendly place. So now I'm thinking that what I read on here about Phuket may not be true either. Always best to check things out yourself. I'm sure it wouldn't have 4.7 million visitors if it was as bad as some on here make out.

Never been to Phuket, so I might check it out soon. Read all the dreadful things about it on here and it put me off going. But I went to Pattaya (after reading the dreadful things on here) and didn't find any of the dreadful things. In fact, it was a fairly friendly place. So now I'm thinking that what I read on here about Phuket may not be true either. Always best to check things out yourself. I'm sure it wouldn't have 4.7 million visitors if it was as bad as some on here make out.

It attracts so many visitors because it's about the only Thai destination that is heavily promoted in the west.

I did like it years ago but not anymore, but don't let that stop you, because as you said hands on experience is the only way to judge for yourself.smile.png

Enjoy your trip and post a report.

Yermanee wai.gif