Us Ambassador Chris Stevens Killed In Libya

webfact

In fact, the statement was issued nearly five hours before protesters began gathering outside the Egyptian embassy, in hopes of pre-empting violence.

So Egyptian protesters read the US Embassy's English Twitter feed? Does anyone really believe that? I mean, anyone besides Obama disciples?

Just in case anyone thought they actually tweet in Arabic. Do not tell me these were meant for the protesters...

[ snipped Cairo Embassy twitter graphic ]

I just found out from a pretty good source that the embassy did indeed tweet the statement in both English and Arabic. Showing just the English version here doesn't prove there was not an Arabic version. If that is true, the next question I should think would be: How many of the protesters actually read the embassy's tweet, and how many actually gave a sh*t what was tweeted?

Edited by MaxYakov
  • Like 1

• Replies 678
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just in case anyone thought they actually tweet in Arabic. Do not tell me these were meant for the protesters...

I just found out from a pretty good source that the embassy did indeed tweet the statement in both English and Arabic. Showing just the English here version doesn't prove there was not an Arabic version. If that is true, the next question I should think would be: How many of the protesters actually read the embassy's tweet, and how many actually gave a sh*t what was tweeted?

I hope their Arabic is better than the State Dept's Russian when they gave the Russians that famous "Reset" button which really meant "Overcharge"

• Like 1

I just found out from a pretty good source that the embassy did indeed tweet the statement in both English and Arabic. Showing just the English here version doesn't prove there was not an Arabic version. If that is true, the next question I should think would be: How many of the protesters actually read the embassy's tweet, and how many actually gave a sh*t what was tweeted?

I hope their Arabic is better than the State Dept's Russian when they gave the Russians that famous "Reset" button which really meant "Overcharge"

Well ... I guess they could have mis-translated even the: We Surrender (the short version of the infamous statement)

Edited by MaxYakov

Here are 2 links to the movie "Innocense Of Muslims" the movie that got the Mid East

Muslim world in such a huff. Make sure that you have "annotations" enabled for Link 1

because it takes you to another page (link 2 in my list) that is supposedly the entire movie

at 11 minutes 36 seconds in duration...kinda short to cost 5 million USD IMO...not to

mention <deleted> stupid.

Link 1...http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YcwJqVGreAg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?annotation_id=annotation_763635&feature=iv&src_vid=YcwJqVGreAg&v=2pZqE9JB4fY

Here are 2 links to the movie "Innocense Of Muslims" the movie that got the Mid East

Muslim world in such a huff. Make sure that you have "annotations" enabled for Link 1

because it takes you to another page (link 2 in my list) that is supposedly the entire movie

at 11 minutes 36 seconds in duration...kinda short to cost 5 million USD IMO...not to

mention <deleted> stupid.

Link 1...http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YcwJqVGreAg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?annotation_id=annotation_763635&feature=iv&src_vid=YcwJqVGreAg&v=2pZqE9JB4fY

The entire movie is over 2 hours. I reckon it would have most people ready to leap off tall buildings by the end of it. There is a 14 min link to it on page 1 of this thread.

Three more links on this topic if anybody is still interested...

http://www.huffingto...rld/.......just click on any bold black link under the picture.

http://www.huffingto...79195.html.....

.....about the maker of the movie....

http://www.ibtimes.c...ya-benghazi.htm

.....International Business Times article

Lastly...IMHO...this movie should be nominated for the Razzies.

Google Razzies if you're not sure what they are....kinda like the

opposite of he Oscars...but worse..

edited to add sip satang to the end.

Edited by sunshine51

The movie is just an excuse . We helped their country become a democracy and these crazy gaddafi loyalists are killing our people. Ungrateful <snip>

So you think we 'helped them get democracy' !! That statement displays just how little you understand about certain regions of the world.

Yeah, yeah, Other than the 1,000s of crimes he committed against his own people, Gaddafi was a great guy. We've head it all before.

What?

Detention/Imprisonment without trial (Gitmo, Bradley Manning)

Torture (Waterboarding)

Police State (USA/UK surveillance, NSA (plus 20 others), TSA, IRS)

Death Penalty (you know the answer)

Crimes against humanity? (Lady GaGa, Liberace)

He was no Angel by any means, but don't try to portray our elected governments as much different, far from it!

Nobody out of work that wanted work,

Nobody ever died through lack of healthcare

Nobody had their house taken off them in foreclosure.

• Like 2

Hundreds of Yemeni demonstrators stormed the U.S. embassy in Sanaa on Thursday in protest at a film they consider blasphemous to Islam, and security guards tried to hold them off by firing into the air.

http://www.reuters.c...E88C0AM20120913

Now it appears to be spreading to Iraq

http://english.alarabiya.net/articles/2012/09/13/237783.html

Hill GOP leaves Romney out on a limb

Romney made his statement about the situation in Egypt before the murder in Libya. These Republicans are commenting on the killing later in the day when the situation has changed. The lesson is, don't trust Politico when it comes to the Republican presidential nominee. They are not fair and balanced.

• Like 1

The movie is just an excuse . We helped their country become a democracy and these crazy gaddafi loyalists are killing our people. Ungrateful <snip>

So you think we 'helped them get democracy' !! That statement displays just how little you understand about certain regions of the world.

Yeah, yeah, Other than the 1,000s of crimes he committed against his own people, Gaddafi was a great guy. We've head it all before.

He was no Angel by any means,

That's for sure! rolleyes.gif

What?

Detention/Imprisonment without trial (Gitmo, Bradley Manning)

Torture (Waterboarding)

Police State (USA/UK surveillance, NSA (plus 20 others), TSA, IRS)

Death Penalty (you know the answer)

Crimes against humanity? (Lady GaGa, Liberace)

He was no Angel by any means, but don't try to portray our elected governments as much different, far from it!

Nobody out of work that wanted work,

Nobody ever died through lack of healthcare

Nobody had their house taken off them in foreclosure.

Would you recall if you were free to say whatever was on your mind in that little piece of heaven?

Any USA/EU citizen trying to portray their government as "not too different" from true third world police state dictatorships is just being silly. The fact that you can name specific instances so easily is because they are the exceptions, not the rule.

That is not to say that Western governments are perfect or ideal, but no need to go overboard and equate them with totalitarian regimes.

Romney made his statement about the situation in Egypt before the murder in Libya. These Republicans are commenting on the killing later in the day when the situation has changed. The lesson is, don't trust Politico when it comes to the Republican presidential nominee. They are not fair and balanced.

It doesn't matter really does it. Some a**hole has pulled a stunt that could kick off WW3 and you're worrying about who said the best thing Romney or Obama rolleyes.gif

He was no Angel by any means,

That's for sure! rolleyes.gif

You seem to have missed a little bit out. Is the quoted text directly proportional to attention span?

It doesn't matter really does it. Some a**hole has pulled a stunt that could kick off WW3 and you're worrying about who said the best thing Romney or Obama

You mean someone put a video making light of a religious figure on Youtube? Most rational people do not think that that is something to kill over and furthermore it is not America's responsibilty.

Edited by Ulysses G.
  • Like 1

It doesn't matter really does it. Some a**hole has pulled a stunt that could kick off WW3 and you're worrying about who said the best thing Romney or Obama rolleyes.gif

And the film producers ex US military "adviser" in an interview with CNN was asked if he regretted any of the film content and the current outcomes, in effect responded in effect "I am an American and can say what I want - i have nothing to fear in America". good to see he appreciates the risk to security of the Copts in Egypt and westerners throughout the region; a truly ignorant man.

Edited by simple1

It doesn't matter really does it. Some a**hole has pulled a stunt that could kick off WW3 and you're worrying about who said the best thing Romney or Obama

You mean someone put a video making light of a religious figure on Youtube? Most rational people do not think that that is something to kill over and furthermore it is not America's responsibilty.

You are really missing the point here Ulysees. NOBODY on this forum thinks that anyone has a right to kill or even hurt another person over the video. The fact is, as intelligent people understand, after the reaction to the cartoons, that the reaction to the video was always going to be massively hostile. Now you can claim the right to show it as much as you want, but it has led a bunch of thugs to murder an Ambassador and 3 other loyal Government workers. If the 'rational' side of you thinks that in terms of risk management it's ok to carry on showing it then you may need to rebalance things a little.

I happen to think that Millwall fans are total wa****s, but I would not exercise my right (or even advise you to do the same) to walk in to a pub full of MillWall supporters and shout out what I thought of them. My right to free speech or not, I would be unable to move from said premeses without the aid of paramedics and an ambulance.

The American Media Beclowned Themselves Yesterday

Yesterday,
despite State Department warnings about violence and kidnappings in the Benghazi. We already knew Al Qaeda was coming on strong there. But we relied on locals for support
as they have in the past in Afghanistan and Iraq too.

But the media wanted to focus on Mitt Romney.

in harsher tones than he condemned the rioters. It took him until sun up yesterday to condemn them.

We also now know that the President, close to 60% of the time, has opted for printed intelligence briefings, which this White House thinks are as useful as an intelligence officer in the room who the President can probe, prod, challenge, and question.

Edited by koheesti
  • Like 1

@ulysses g. Your post "You mean someone put a video making light of a religious figure on Youtube? Most rational people do not think that that is something to kill over and furthermore it is not America's responsibilty"

In the US you cannot make internet posts threatening the President and not expect a reaction from law enforcement - there are limits on freedom of speech. It's about time the American administration has a stronger response to US citizens exploiting freedom of speech to post content in the public domain that any reasonable person would know threatens national security.

Edited by simple1
  • Like 1

Here's some more information that may have been lost in the media and admin's focus to make Romney out to be the villian...

Ambassador Steven's Libyan Security Team May Have Betrayed Him

He said Stevens, 52, and other officials were moved to a second building - deemed safer - after the initial wave of protests at the consulate compound. According to al-Sharef, members of the Libyan security team seem to have indicated to the protesters the building to which the American officials had been relocated, and that building then came under attack.

Al-Sharef said two U.S. Marines sent to Benghazi when the clash erupted were shot and killed by the well-armed protesters. It was not immediately clear whether the Marines were part of Stevens' security detail. The American whose death was confirmed on Tuesday also died of a gunshot wound. He was identified by the State Department on Wednesday as Foreign Service Information Management Officer Sean Smith.

Edited by koheesti

@ulysses g. Your post "You mean someone put a video making light of a religious figure on Youtube? Most rational people do not think that that is something to kill over and furthermore it is not America's responsibility"

In the US you cannot make internet posts threatening the President and not expect a reaction from law enforcement - there are limits on freedom of speech. .

No one threatened to kill anyone and if it were any other religion, no one would even care. Thankfully, the freedom to make fun of religious and political figures in not going to go away any time soon no matter what a bunch of nutty religious zealots have to say.

Edited by Ulysses G.
  • Like 1

Oh, and it is starting to look like the attack in Libya had less to do with that video and more like revenge by al Qaeda. Maybe the media jumped the gun? That could explain why the protests in Cairo were mostly non-violent while it was a whole different story in Libya...

According to al-Sharef, the angry mob stormed the consulate after the U.S. troops who responded fired rounds into the air to try and disperse the crowd. Al-Sharef said there had been threats that Islamic militants might try to take revenge for the death of al Qaeda's No. 2 commander Abu Yahya al-Libi, who was
in June, and he said the U.S. consulate should have been better protected.

• Like 1

Obama Twisting in the Wind Like Carter

Yesterday morning, Hillary Clinton, Mitt Romney, and President Obama all made statements on the death of Ambassador Stevens.

Only Romney had the guts to take questions from the press, which were nearly all hostile. He stood his ground, and looked strong. Obama sounded scripted, and walked away as reporters shouted questions.

• Like 2

@ulysses g. Your post "You mean someone put a video making light of a religious figure on Youtube? Most rational people do not think that that is something to kill over and furthermore it is not America's responsibility"

In the US you cannot make internet posts threatening the President and not expect a reaction from law enforcement - there are limits on freedom of speech. .

No one threatened to kill anyone and if it were any other religion, no one would even care. Thankfully, the freedom to make fun of religious and political figures in not going to go away any time soon no matter what a bunch of nutty religious zealots have to say.

rolleyes.gifrolleyes.gif

Are you being deliberately dull? NOBODY is saying ban free speech. EVERYBODY is saying free speech comes with responsibility. You may think it fun to make fun of other religions but when that fun results in the deaths of people, it doesn't matter if it is your right to have fun, the strong suggestion is, stop it. They may be religious retards, but if you KNOWINGLY incite them (just like the MillWall supporters) then there will be consequences, and if you are aware that those consequences will result in the harmful violence to others, then until you get all the religious retards locked up, you would also be retarded to provoke them. God this is hard work!!

If US citizens will not take any responsibility for publishing content they know will antagonise people of faith that will lead to violence, then they can hardly complain regarding the outcomes. Under freedom of speech in the US is it permitted to grossly insult, say an ethnic minority, that leads to a riots & violence, then citizens say that's OK it's all about freedom of speech?

Oh, and it is starting to look like the attack in Libya had less to do with that video and more like revenge by al Qaeda. Maybe the media jumped the gun? That could explain why the protests in Cairo were mostly non-violent while it was a whole different story in Libya...

According to al-Sharef, the angry mob stormed the consulate after the U.S. troops who responded fired rounds into the air to try and disperse the crowd. Al-Sharef said there had been threats that Islamic militants might try to take revenge for the death of al Qaeda's No. 2 commander Abu Yahya al-Libi, who was
in June, and he said the U.S. consulate should have been better protected.

If the American public do not already know, then they need to know that the majority of resistance fighters put in to Libya, well paid and well armed were Al Qaeda. If you keep a pack of pitbulls bred for fighting in your garden, don't be surprised if one day they bite you!

Are you being deliberately dull? NOBODY is saying ban free speech.

Have you even seen the video? It is boring and stupid with bad acting, but is not something that would ever be banned in the West no matter what justifications you make for doing so.

Edited by Ulysses G.
  • Like 1

Are you being deliberately dull? NOBODY is saying ban free speech.

Have you even seen the video? It is boring and stupid with bad acting, but is not something that would ever be banned in the West no matter what justifications that you make.

I posted the link. Now as to the rest of our 'discussion', lets just end it and agree to disagree shall we.

banging%20the%20wall%20cartoon%20berro%20website.gif