How Often Can I Get A Temporary Work Permit

I want to retire in about five years, but I'd also still like to be able to run the ocassional tour. How often can I apply for a temporary work permit? Are there any downsides to getting a temporary work permit a few times per year? I'm thinking it would only be a max of three to four times per year.

I've read through past threads about this. I didn't see how much it costs. I did notice that commenters said it was quick.

I will remain a major share holder, but I don't want the hassle of being a full-time work-permited employee. I want the company to be 100% Thai and get all of the benefits of not having a foreigner in the company... such as not having to produce so much profit, etc.

Any insight, especially by those who have done several temporary work permits, would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Edited by Galong

The number of times a year they will give you one appears to be dependent on which DOL you use, Who is applying for it ie which company and why they want it.

I was always led to believe you could only get 1 temp permit a year but saying that we use temp WP to bring people into to do quick jobs and understand some of the guys have been issued more than 1 in a 12 month period, but I think your intent of 3 or 4 a year will result in the DOL telling you to get a proper WP

Guess all you can do is ask your local DOL

The number of times a year they will give you one appears to be dependent on which DOL you use, Who is applying for it ie which company and why they want it.

I was always led to believe you could only get 1 temp permit a year but saying that we use temp WP to bring people into to do quick jobs and understand some of the guys have been issued more than 1 in a 12 month period, but I think your intent of 3 or 4 a year will result in the DOL telling you to get a proper WP

Guess all you can do is ask your local DOL

Hmm, not what I wanted to hear, but it was what I expected to hear.

I'll get my office to see about the possibilities... just thought I'd ask here first.

Much thanks!

Are you planning on staying in Thailand as retired? If that is the case you are not likely to be able to obtain any work permit.

Ah, yes, I will be getting a retirement visa. So, I reckon they don't give temporary work permits in combination with that type of visa.

Thanks.

I have a Retirement Visa, but wish to (OK, my Thai lady's stealing all of my money and business has forced me to) go back to work ... at age 60, not fun.

Suggestions on how this would be most easily be done, for the least money, and what places would possibly hire an old fart? I'm guessing the response

will be, "Learn to teach English, Old Fart, like everyone else," but wondering if there are more suggestions...I've a Bach of Arts degree, dual Associates degrees in Cooking and Restaurant Management,

but not a lot of recent experience...was doing sales, then online writing, etc. Have no, as in no cash, and very little credit, so each move is surrounded by lotsa mines, as it were. Thanks! - O.F.

I have a Retirement Visa, but wish to (OK, my Thai lady's stealing all of my money and business has forced me to) go back to work ... at age 60, not fun.

Suggestions on how this would be most easily be done, for the least money, and what places would possibly hire an old fart? I'm guessing the response

will be, "Learn to teach English, Old Fart, like everyone else," but wondering if there are more suggestions...I've a Bach of Arts degree, dual Associates degrees in Cooking and Restaurant Management,

but not a lot of recent experience...was doing sales, then online writing, etc. Have no, as in no cash, and very little credit, so each move is surrounded by lotsa mines, as it were. Thanks! - O.F.

Holy Cow, that's horrible! I wish you the best of luck in finding a job.