Visa Based On Marriage To A Thai National

I believe you are asking about the one year extension of stay for supporting a Thai wife. Can you meet the financial requirements? If so and you have been here 60 days on your current entry why not visit immigration with your wife and the paperwork to apply? The requirements are 40k income or 400k in local bank account or combo to meet that requirement. What you do next year if you do not have income of some kind and/or 400k in bank account would probably have to be a return to multi entry O visas from Penang or another country to visit family.

lenn05,

can you change from a non-imm b to non-imm o and keep your current work permit? then you could at least have a year of no border runs, yes? actually, if you could do that you might wait till the last possible moment so the one year visa lasts longer after you lose your job.

somebody stop me if i'm giving bad advice.

We really don't know what he has or what he wants to do. In any case a visa requires border runs unless there is an extension of stay involved; and for support Thai wife that will require the 40k/400k requirements are met.

lopburi

if someone want to get non-o outside thailand for the purpose to come to thailand for apply marriage visa , Is it neccesary to show both mariage certificate and 400,000 baht in bank account to thai consulate in KL ?

thank

lopburi

if someone want to get non-o outside thailand for the purpose to come to thailand for apply marriage visa , Is it neccesary to show both mariage certificate and 400,000 baht in bank account to thai consulate in KL ?

thank

No. Normally a Consulate will issue a non immigrant O visa on the basis of your marriage certificate (a signed copy of wife ID card may also be asked for to help show you are still together). There is no requirement for any bank account for this type of visa. Only when you extend your stay inside Thailand at an immigration office is the bank money required.

We really don't know what he has or what he wants to do. In any case a visa requires border runs unless there is an extension of stay involved; and for support Thai wife that will require the 40k/400k requirements are met.

Hi, this is my first post

I have a question about the proof of income for the extension of stay.

I have a Thai wife ( married in Bangkok) and I will soon be a pensioner.

The problem is that I can not meet the 400k deposit in a Thai bank requierment (yet) but my pension income will be more than the 40k a month requiered.

How hard ( or easy) will it be to prove to the immigration office that I have the requiered income?

I will have my pension statement and embassy proof of income statement. (And certified Thai translation) Is there something else I might need?

I've read that immigration likes to see hard cash in a bank account, Will it make me some problems?

Thank you for all the help.

The document from your Embassy is what will be required but believe they will also insist on a local bank account and the required letter of balance. The amount should not be a problem; especially on a first extension.

If you do have a problem (I don't believe you will) you always have the option to obtain a multi entry non immigrant O visa from Penang and use that until you can meet whatever requirements are asked.

• 2 weeks later...
Perhaps another way is to borrow the difference from your friends , relatives or family members. Since you will soon have the money the moment you retire, I am sure they will help you

:D Thank you for the infos and ideas....

But as I think about it, the best solution for me is to get a multiple entry type O visa from Penang, I'll have then one year to get the money into my bank account ( with out rellying on family or friends) I would hate it for them to know that I am not one of those rich farrangs........ :o

By the way, would anyone know abot Citi Bank of Thailand? I could open an account in my country ( Canada) and another one in Thailand and then just transfer the funds from one account into the other one. Would the bank in Thailand show the funds coming from overseas?

Thanks again to everyone......