Need A Divorce Paper Can I Do It Myself ?

glassdude007

Married In 1990 our marriage was registered at Ampher office someplace in Bangkok and USA embassy.

We split up in 2005 have not seen her since, but are in contact and don’t hate each other much.

I still take care of her and our teenage children but we separate long time now.

Technically and legally we are still married I guess?

I live in Thailand now and have moved on with my life,

She is USA citizen living in USA and working and has not been back to Thailand since 1992.

Now I need to do a consular report of birth for my new born (out of wedlock) son.

The form is loaded with former marriage questions.

Easy thing to do would just say never married but

I do not want to lie on the form as that would spell big trouble.

Can I go to Ampher office in Bangkok myself to get my 1990 marriage annulled?

Send papers to USA for her to sign and return is that possible??

I supose the best thing to do would be to go back to USA and get a quickie divorse then give that paper to the embassey in Bangkok and keep the Thai amphur side out of it..

hmmmmm?

Anybody out there got any ideas whats the best way to get this marriage annulled?

Cheers for your reply’s….

Edited by lopburi3
correct font

You can only get a divorce at the amphur if both of you sign the papers.

But, there was a report that suggested that your wife can sign papers at the Thai embassy (or general consulate) acting as an amphur and send the papers to you to bring them to the amphur in Thailand. Inquire if this would be accpeted as a divorce in the US!

The other option is that she flies to Thailand and you two simply go to the amphur. Othwerwise you can file for divorce and go through the courts in either US or Thailand.

I'm divorced in the US, and have had a son born in Thailand out of wedlock. There was a lot of paperwork involved in applying for citizenship, then a US passport, but not bad. We had to do a DNA test arranged by the Embassy. I don't remember, but I'm fairly sure that I did not have to produce a certificate of divorce. Use this information at your own discretion.

Im thinking now just fill in form and be honest....

yes married not divorsed ...seperated since 2005...thats it....

Yes newborn child out of wedlock...done deal..

As for DNA nothing to worry about there test away....how much it cost i wonder????

thanks for your replys

cheers