A Good Liquor Store

Michael W

Looking for a good, well stocked liquor store, something with a wider selection than Foodland or Big C. In particular I have a taste for rum, Cruzan Dark just for a nice buzz, or perhaps Ron Matusalem Gran Reserve for those special occasions. Anywhere in a ######ing 'world city' like Bangkok I might be able to find that? Jeez, JWB gets old after a while and don't get me started on that benoak piss, 100 Pipers.

Not a beer connoisseur, but I do seem to remember they had Guinness and Murphy's in there...Strong enough for ya? I really don't normally look at the beer section, so someone more informed should reply about that, but they do have the widest selection of booze I've seen in BKK, so it's as good a bet as any.

I second the Soi 33 Villa Market, be sure to also go upstairs for a booze-only floor with some pretty nice stuff :o

Thanks, I made it over there a couple of days ago and was indeed impressed with the second floor selection compared to what I've found previously in Foodland, Big C, Tops, etc. They even had Grey Goose vodka (though only the girly orange flavor), but unfortunately not the rum I was looking for. I ended up settling on some rotgut called Baita (about 350 for a 700). Couldn't find much about it Googling but it's reasonable for a buzz.

I second the Soi 33 Villa Market, be sure to also go upstairs for a booze-only floor with some pretty nice stuff :D

Do they have strong beers upstairs in Villa Market ? Desperately seeking strong ale purchases in BKK! :o

Well, if you drink beer for effect rather than flavour Leo or Chang will certainly do it for you, and you don't need to go to Villa for either!

Patrick

New liquor store located in the basement level of Siam Paragon (Great Grocery store as well!)
If you mean the liquor shop actually within the grocery store (off on the left side), I also checked that one out a couple of days ago. Unfortunately, their rum stock is significantly less than the Soi 33 Villa Market. I did buy a 400 baht, 750 ml, bottle of Ron Rio rum. I've had better but not too bad for the price.