Pattaya Highway Robbers Fail Again

webfact

Highway robbers fail again

By Staff Reporter

mug2.jpg

PATTAYA: -- A 27 year old ex convict saw his luck run out again this week as he and a partner thought they had perfected the art of gold theft. First they cruised the Naklua road, north of Pattaya City, in search of people wearing gold.

Until they spotted . Mr. Jatuphol Krataiwongjanriding on a baht bus and wearing a heavy necklace.

Then they set their plan to action.

The 21 year old, Aekkalak Chamchoi ro de their motorbike alongside the bus and his partner in crime grabbed the necklace.

Since a baht bus is no match for a nippy scooterbike, the two fled the scene and thought they were safe.

Little did they know that Pattaya Police were already aware of the robbery and had put out a call to all officers on the Sukhumvit road to watch out for them., and they were soon spotted.

The police gave chase but the two managed to evade them, zipping from soi to soi in an attempt to lose their tail. At one point it looked as if they were going to escape, but they didn’t notice a 34 year old police volunteer on another bike, until it was too late.

Full story: http://www.pattaya10...ers-fail-again/

-- pattaya103.com 2012-09-14

footer_n.gif

are people not asking to be robbed wearing gold on a baht bus or any other place ???

worth 1 or more months of a poor people, making themselfes an easy target

Not sure why there's so much squabbling about whether the poor English is a problem or not - i'd like to unravel any sense in the content. Presumably the theme is that a 'poor' Thai's wages for a month 'or more' would equal the value of the stolen 'heavy necklace'. For pity's sake - get informed - at today's prices you are going to have to stump up as much as ONE YEAR's wages of a Thai earning around Bt 5,000 (which is not the poorest of poor) - depending on how heavy, it could even be 2 years. So yes, of course it's a risk wearing chunks of gold in public - it always has been, for all of us, and not just in Thailand.

• Like 1

Unfortunately for the General Gold Necklace Wearing Public, these would be Kamoys will upgrade to robbing with a Knife Threat, then a Revolver threat, then a small Uzi and finally with a Full Auto Weapon. They could of course make far more ThB's, operating a Jet Ski or Scooter Scam Operation. I suppose the Big Boy Criminals already have these Operations Sewn up.

When I saw the headline "Pattaya Highway Robbers Fail Again" I rushed to open the article because I thought it was referring to the road cops based outside of the Ambassador Hotel in Na Jomtien, but alas no it was just another desperado getting caught.(boring) Unfortunately the thieving from foreign motorists and young Thais goes on as usual, road blocks, prancing angry looking police, extorsion.

good job from the BiB, one broken arm cop, a motorbike accident and a suspect on the run with the gold necklace cheesy.gif

Do you think that the second one is relieved of his gold necklace that the BIB should be right on their tail? Dream on. Yes the volunteer Police man DID do a great job in fact. My hat's off to him and sorry he had his arm broken and motorbike destroyed helping on of his fellow citizens.

Why would you sarcastically say "good job to the BiB? Don't worry, they have 1 suspect and will interrogate him and find Mr. Bank and the guys necklace. I'm sure the one in capture is already doing a re-enactment of the crime as we speak.

• 3 weeks later...

Good job by the police getting these guys. The guy in the pic looks like he has make up on -- kind of a Thai version of Adam Ant.

I actually heard a half dozen stories over the last month in Pattaya from Thai female friends who have either had gold or purses snatched...or been knocked off scooters and robbed of gold by these kinds of scum. And now they are letting more out on Amnesty? Crazy.