Can Coming To Thailand Make You Ambidextrous. ?

Judecalling

Is there any religious or cultural taboo in Thailand against southpaws/lefties/devils spawn?

Ok, seriously, I know that in the good old days, kids in the west had their left hands tied behind their backs to try and change their behaviour. Did they do it or practice this approach in Thailand?

I'm a righty.

I sometimes wish I was ambidextrous...and that I could ALSO use my feet as hands.

This would be ideal when riding a scooter. I could have my mobile in my right hand while making a call. My left hand could be holding an Umbrella for protection against the sun. My left foot holding a bag of iced Cola and my right foot to steer the scooter.

Perfect!

That is just downright irresponsible!

Has no-one ever told you to keep both feet on the handlebars? biggrin.png

My GF is so adroit she can pick up small items from the floor with either foot. Never coins or banknotes tho'...

Just as well 'cos otherwise she's fairly clumsy - always dropping things.

• Like 1

I'm a righty.

I sometimes wish I was ambidextrous...and that I could ALSO use my feet as hands.

This would be ideal when riding a scooter. I could have my mobile in my right hand while making a call. My left hand could be holding an Umbrella for protection against the sun. My left foot holding a bag of iced Cola and my right foot to steer the scooter.

Perfect!

One should not attempt to steer a motor vehicle using only one foot. Keep both feet on the handlebars at all times, and remember to keep one hand free for gesticulating at other motorists

SC

EDIT: Back on topic, I switched to being right-handed long before I moved to Thailand, and I don't think there is any causal link between the two events

• Like 1

i was born left handed ,@ birth.

however i managed to cope with the stigma , and all the hard times ,i once had.

i tried to lead a relatively normal life despite suffering from lefthandedness,

i would like to thank all those who supported me ,the tax payers, when i was on invalidity beneifits.

coffee1.gif

Edited by elliss

Yes well ... it seemed funny to me at the time ... somehow. ?? : ) I have been celebrating my birthday over approx 2 weeks ... but the party is over now .. and it's back to boring reality. Thank you anyway. (When i peeked one eye open the other morning ... i was wishing it was a dream LOL : ) sure you all know the feeling.)

Especially like Bookman (very funny) and SC (very human). I will try and think of something interesting to say on my 'off the wall' and chosen topic. !

Please don't hold your breath ... but i will come up with an interesting fact ... watch this space. ! (I like to save face when i can : ))))

Its very prudent to save face for your retirement, when you need it most

If you can retire while saving face, you're doing well

SC

Alright 'Cryptic Bob' ... : ) Keep well my lovely boy and i'll do the same. x

I think you're getting me confused with a future poster...

The pertils of time travel, eh?

Straying back on topic, on the other hand it could be intended as gentle critcism...

SC

Its very prudent to save face for your retirement, when you need it most

If you can retire while saving face, you're doing well

SC

Alright 'Cryptic Bob' ... : ) Keep well my lovely boy and i'll do the same. x

I think you're getting me confused with a future poster...

The pertils of time travel, eh?

Straying back on topic, on the other hand it could be intended as gentle critcism...

SC

Yes probably : )

But i am not being confused in saying 'Please close this thread down to the Mods' - i believe i have clearly identified the less desirable element through my mistake ... and i for one want a few more gal's on this site to chat to. You blokes have had your turn ... it's all dick and nothing interesting ... too boring.

Edited by Judecalling

More trivia -- Scots call lefties "cach-handed" (Spelling?)

Cach is shit in gaelic - and indo-aryan language. The origins are in the ancient tradition - still practised in some parts of India, where the right hand is used for touching the body above the waist - most importantly eating - and the left was used for the lower parts - including washing your bum.

When you're sitting on the bog in Thailand the hand spray is always to your right, so it's spray with right, hand on arse with your left, so you are using both hands to do what you would do with one in the West. Does this mean we have become ambidextrous?

Or when you go to the tailor and he asks "do you dress to the left or right sir?"