Why Is Music In Bars Played So Loud?

Plucky

I saw Ted Nugent at the Hammersmith Odeon in the 80's, now THAT was loud !

Yes, if the quality of the 'music' is not the best, just pump up the volume.

Loudest concert I ever heard was The Who, quality of the music was excellent, some music just aint meant to be listened to at low volumes.

Motorhead was another killer on the old lug holes.

Same experience here, The Who was by far the loudest in concert.

I hope you young people protect your ears. When I was a youngster no one thought about it. We'd go shooting, cutting wood, hit and iron splitting wedge with a sledge hammer, play loud music, run loud engines and anything else with no protection. Now I've lost 2/3 of my hearing and it wasn't necessary.

Picture this,you are walking in a small soi and there are some bars with all that goes with it.As you are walking past you here music playing and it is not too loud but it is not the kind of music you like it is the music the girls like!I am over fifty and not really into house,hiphop and what have you.If i hear the kind of music i like i might go inside and see what happens,if i do walk past some one always seems to think i can not hear the music and they turn up the volume!?? If you want my money you will have to make me feel at home and the music to me is a very important part of it.I can handle loud as long as i like the tunes,some bar owners just can not figure out how it works.

Picture this,you are walking in a small soi and there are some bars with all that goes with it.As you are walking past you here music playing and it is not too loud but it is not the kind of music you like it is the music the girls like!I am over fifty and not really into house,hiphop and what have you.If i hear the kind of music i like i might go inside and see what happens,if i do walk past some one always seems to think i can not hear the music and they turn up the volume!?? If you want my money you will have to make me feel at home and the music to me is a very important part of it.I can handle loud as long as i like the tunes,some bar owners just can not figure out how it works.

sorry mate, i don't think you will find much pandering solely to the tastes of the over 50 crowd, though not sure what exactly that is.

sorry mate, i don't think you will find much pandering solely to the tastes of the over 50 crowd, though not sure what exactly that is.

Hotel California

Morning Night Bar at the top of Soi 4 close to Sukhumvit may grab your attention.

Hotel California

What appeals to the over 50's ?

A night out having a good time with some friends whose company you enjoy, a few drinks, a good meal, some craque with your friends, the company of some women and if you're single a night of the other with the female company,

Sounds strangely familiar to my nights out when I was in my twenties.

Don't worry son, it will come to you eventuallysmile.png

Years ago, I used to visit a group of bars that had a live group once or twice a week.

Whenever the band started to play, most of the customers would either move to the bars furthest away or go elswhere.

Funny thing is that I believe that the bars closest to the band had to pay a premium.

I tried to explain to one of the bar owners that the extremely loud music was driving away her customers, but my advice just fell on deaf ears rolleyes.gif

• Like 1

Years ago, I used to visit a group of bars that had a live group once or twice a week.

Whenever the band started to play, most of the customers would either move to the bars furthest away or go elswhere.

Funny thing is that I believe that the bars closest to the band had to pay a premium.

I tried to explain to one of the bar owners that the extremely loud music was driving away her customers, but my advice just fell on deaf ears rolleyes.gif

Sounds like the Australia pub, the band isnt so bad, but you can sit inside while they play. we get the bill when we see the band arriving

Edited by tinfoilhat