krbkk

we have here some Members, they have one

what cam you use ?

and where you have the cam

on helmet or on the bike

I think the best place is on the helmet, you recording where you are looking

but if the battery is down, you have to stop and there are a lot of noices

if the cam is on the bike, any problems with vibration

Go pro comes both in standard old style as well as HD but with so little cost difference why not HD ?

Gopro has a Chesty mount they call it, hooks to your Chest. also a mount that can hook to handle bar or frame so there are may options Battery last about 2 hours, about the time of the SD card,

Do you really want a movie of 6 or 8 hours of riding non stop ?

I just received my Liquid Image Ego sports cam and mounted it to the windshield of my bike. I got it shipped for free and it arrived in 11 days and the package was unopened when I got it, so no customs duties. Paid 180 USD. It does 1080P at 30FPS and 720P at 60FPS and I can connect it to my iPhone (or any IOS or Android device) to frame the shot before recording. It uses all the GoPro mounts.

I just returned from a 2 day run to Kanchanaburi and will try to post some links to YouTube when I can edit them and upload them. Their website is useless for info, but you can find a review here:

And despite what the reviewer said, I got it to attach to a GoPro mount.

I just received my Liquid Image Ego sports cam and mounted it to the windshield of my bike. I got it shipped for free and it arrived in 11 days and the package was unopened when I got it, so no customs duties. Paid 180 USD. It does 1080P at 30FPS and 720P at 60FPS and I can connect it to my iPhone (or any IOS or Android device) to frame the shot before recording. It uses all the GoPro mounts.

I just returned from a 2 day run to Kanchanaburi and will try to post some links to YouTube when I can edit them and upload them. Their website is useless for info, but you can find a review here:

I would personally pay the $70 difference and have a GPro 2 motorsports

Why?

Take a look at this comparison. I don't know if this is the GoPro that you are referring to.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gEeA9uQvdaI

Edited by floridaguy

is there any camera that you can install to you helmet?

I need something that will record what i am seeing exactly on the road let's say my peripheral vision?

Most sport cams can be installed to your helmet. You can use straps for a non-permanent mount, or stick on base plates for a permanent solution.

Why?

Take a look at this comparison. I don't know if this is the GoPro that you are referring to.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gEeA9uQvdaI

Actually the gopro i am refering to is a newer model. If you look at bumpy videos (dirt bike riding for example) of the ego they seem to amplify jitteriness. Only my opinion

Hello Guies!

Sony is releasing a new action camera, available end of this month in the US and middle of next month normally in Australia/Japan/France/UK. It might be available in Asia by the end of the year.

http://store.sony.co...Sony_Action_Cam

There will be 2 models, the HDR-AS10 without wifi for 200USD and the HDR-AS15 with wifi for 270USD (you can see what the camera is seing on your smart phone). Both HD1080p. It will come with many type of mounts that you can buy extra.

You can check the preview on the link:

and this link:

I guess it is worth waiting because the video quality seems amazing and the design is for me much better than gopro. With gopro on your bike helmet you really look like a geek...

If the video quality is not much of an issue for you (youtube editing mainly) there 2 good helmet cameras other than Gopro that I found in Bangkok.

- Drift HD. A very good camera to my taste, perfect for helmet with integrated screen, rotating lens, water resistant without case, but the video quality is lower than with the Gopro. You can can check on youtube "Drift HD vs Gopro Hero 2"

http://driftinnovati...amera/drift-hd/

Available on 5th floor of MBK in "Big Camera" around 10000Baht with necessary mounts included.

- Ion air pro. A good camera as well, the design in "bullet" shape is perfect for helmet, waterproof without case until 10m under water. The quality as seen on videos on youtube seems quiete close to gopro.

http://www.iontheact...deo-Camera.html

Available on 5th floor of MBK in "Big Camera" around 8500Baht with necessary mounts included.

If you want to get the Gopro Hero 2 Motorsports Edition, the best price I have seen was in fortune mall at 12300 baht.

Concerning where to put the camera to do the best filming, it is of course on helmet because you don't have the vibrations of the bike going through the cam and it gives a good overview over the action. But you can also put it on your bike, it is just a matter of testing and finding the spots with the less vibrations.

I hope this helps wink.png

Edited by Mactao

• 8 months later...

I am ordering one but you think is ti big for motorbike?

I am sure one of the guys with a cam will chime in but,

I would be more concerned about how it can be mounted &

how it holds up to shock water etc.

All the "sport" type cams come with some kind of housing.

Which is why I liked that Sony package too.

I like to swim laps & would use it to analyze swimming too.

i checked the reviews and it is OK. It records:)

by the way, they charged me 1170 thb for it:) (lazada.co.th)

i know mania, it is not a go pro for 22.000 thb but i will not use it under water or under rain.

i will use it as just a simple full hd camcorder with wide viewing angle, that is all. I am sure i can find a way to mount it either on bike or somewhere on me. let s see.

just a cheap toy.

My only concern is its capability of recording a stabilized video through vibration and bumps on the road. but i think it will be OK.

Will post my review here about it. I will receive it this Thursday.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9vA_o4X-Yz0

Edited by loserlazer
  • Like 1

I have a first GoPro HD and it makes very decent videos.

Here's what i found about mount points:

- Helmet - can make very nice videos of where you turn your head... if (!!!!!) if you remember to to turn your head too sharp and too often! otherwise the video will be un-watchable. to you it will not look like you turn your head sharp as you compensate with your eye movement, but on video it looks too sharp.

- bike frame (not handlebars!) - makes very decent videos with steady view angle, no road vibration is visible on the video. It's now my fav mount location.

For underwater shooting it's not good for anything as it's auto white balance isn't that great so it can't set the colors right deeper under water. It's working fine at shallow depth, good for snorkeling and shallow freediving, for up to 15 m or so it works fine with red color filter on but only when it's a sunny day! Deeper than that color filters aren't helping and the colors are all wrong and it looks like the vid was shot on the freaky alien planet! The only option is a strong video light which by itself is so expensive that it makes more sense to buy a proper underwater camera.

• Like 1

By the way, you can get a skeleton housing for a GoPro (HD 1 and 2, not sure about 3) and charge the battery while filming. It's not waterproof by the way, but could be made watertight. I usually shoot in 720p @ 30fps and a 16G card can take 4-5 hrs in this mode, while the batt only lasts around 2 hrs. Batt almost always dies when you really need the cam and you just can't stop and change it. :D So keeping it plugged would be a nice feature.

Picked up a Hero 3 Black and a few extra batteries, haven't tried it out yet.

Yes I saw that one advertised in Thailand superbike.

The price was not as crazy as the full blown model.

Let us know how you like it.

yankee i have seen it at mbk cellphone floor for 17k. cheapest price i have seen in thailand. at the same shop they have one jvc adventure cam and a good korean brand.

also you can find it at panthip plaza and fortune mall.

and there is one official dealer in thailand but they sell it at 22k

I visited home in April so I bought it there.

But, I did see some silvers for sale at a shop here in CM, if I remember correctly, they were about 2,000B more than they were in the US.

If you pick one up, look up Wasabi batteries, they are better, longer lasting and 1/2 the price of the official ones. After all was said and done I think i dropped $480 on the camera, 2 wasabi batteries, an extra mount, and a 32gb card.

DO NOT BUY A SANDISK CARD FOR THE HERO 3 they cause or have caused a ton of errors in the cameras.

My GF is up this weekend visiting from BKK, we might head out to Nan, if not this weekend, the next. I hope to take video.

I have it mounted on top of my helmet, as I could not mount it on the side without wither having the helmet in shot or having so many kinks and knobs that I was worried that the wind would rip it off.

did you get it here in Thailand? If yes can i ask where and how much?

Downstairs in TucCom in Pattaya, the shop opposite the "apple" shop sell the Hero 3 all editions the Black is 17,900 Baht but they will knock a couple of hundred off for you. They also sell a good range of accesories, mounts, extra batteries etc etc.

Yes I saw that one advertised in Thailand superbike.

The price was not as crazy as the full blown model.

Let us know how you like it.

my bad I meant the Hero 3 White is not as expensive