5 Thai Provinces Inundated

webfact

5 provinces inundated

THE NATION

30190506-01_big.jpg

BANGKOK: -- Key provinces in the Central region are now battling floods, according to the Royal Irrigation Department.

At press time last night, the latest information was as follows:

Phitsanulok: About 42,300 rai of farmland in Phrom Phiram, Muang Phitsanulok and Bang Rakam districts were now inundated. The floodwater level was also continuing to rise in Phrom Phiram.

Nakhon Sawan: Flash floods swamped many areas in Lat Yao, Krok Phra and Muang Nakhon Sawan districts. In some areas, water was nearly 90cm deep. The level of water in Nakhon Sawan town was also rising.

Chai Nat: Overflows caused floods in low-lying areas in Tambon Wang Man in Wat Sing district. Floodwater was 50- 60cm high. But the situation was expected to return to normal within a few days if there is no more rain in the area.

Ayutthaya: The Chao Phraya, plus the Noi River and Phongpheng Canal all overflowed and flooded Muang Ayutthaya, Bang Ban, Phak Hai, Sena, Bang Sai and Bang Pa-in districts.

Ang Thong: Riverside communities in 12 tambons in Pa Mok, Muang Angthong, Wiset Chai Chan, Chai Yo, and Pho Thong districts were inundated because the Chao Phraya and Noi rivers overflowed.

nationlogo.jpg

-- The Nation 2012-09-17

This would be a great opportunity for YS and her team to make a point on the situation stating the reasons why this is happening, what has been done, how much did it cost (with evidences), when is the situation expected to be back to normal, what the provinces at risk can expect, what is done to prevent a disaster, etc........ No white lies, just the truth, just what they know. I know it will be a very short speech, and that it is NOT going to happen...

• Like 1

Gee, I wonder where all that flood water from the Chao Phraya river currently inundating Ayutthaya is going to go over the next few weeks.....

Ummm The SEA w00t.gif after Bangkok cheesy.gif

Perhaps the pi**ing myself laughing rolling on the floor smiley is a little insensitive considering the number of people who's lives are going to be trashed again for another month or so when the flood waters 'move'.

• Like 2

Gee, I wonder where all that flood water from the Chao Phraya river currently inundating Ayutthaya is going to go over the next few weeks.....

Perhaps the pi**ing myself laughing rolling on the floor smiley is a little insensitive considering the number of people who's lives are going to be trashed again for another month or so when the flood waters 'move'.

Not one too spoil the party here, but last year my company under water for 6 weeks in Nava Nakorn bah.gif

Not one too spoil the party here, but last year my company under water for 6 weeks in Nava Nakorn bah.gif

That was your company - my home was under for 6 weeks, to a depth of 1.3 metres. And this year my family is having nightmares about a recurrence.

That was your company - my home was under for 6 weeks, to a depth of 1.3 metres. And this year my family is having nightmares about a recurrence.

Sorry too here that, but we were under 2 metres here. Once again take care ok thumbsup.gif

Lies, Lies Lies here on TV. Those photos are fakes There is no flooding, we're all imagining it, It hasn't happened - Yingluck said so and she's so beautiful and charismatic that I can't imagine she would say something if it wasn't untrue. Lies, Lies, Lies.

I'm going to put my head in the sand now and hope it all goes away.

• Like 1

Sorry too here that, but we were under 2 metres here. Once again take care ok thumbsup.gif

Are you saying your flooded again or not yet ? Where are you located .. just trying to keep track of things because i was flooded too last year not as bad as you though.

Are you saying your flooded again or not yet ? Where are you located .. just trying to keep track of things because i was flooded too last year not as bad as you though.

Sorry that was last year, but waiting game now coffee1.gif

Perhaps you all have the wrong take on this.

The flood water that left the river flowed "down' away from the river therefore it can not flow back up because it is now lower than the river level.

That flood water will either stay lower than the river till the river drops or flow to a lower level away from or parralel to the river.

The only way it can get back to the river is if it is pumped back up.

These floods therefore take the pressure off the river downstream from where they have happened.

I live in the center of where all these floods are happening, in Singburi and here there is no flooding in fact the river has dropped overnight by 30cm to 10.10m from a peak of 10.60 m a few days ago. Yes I go look every day.

Here it has not reached the level of the natural river bank and is below the base of the river wall in the town.

It will have to rise about 1 m to get above the natural river bank level.

Contrast that with the previous 2 years when it was above 13m.

It will need a lot more rain in the north to get it to that height.

The flood water that left the river flowed "down' away from the river therefore it can not flow back up because it is now lower than the river level.

That flood water will either stay lower than the river till the river drops or flow to a lower level away from or parralel to the river.

These floods therefore take the pressure off the river downstream from where they have happened.

I live in the center of where all these floods are happening, in Singburi and here there is no flooding in fact the river has dropped overnight by 30cm to 10.10m from a peak of 10.60 m a few days ago. Yes I go look every day.

Here it has not reached the level of the natural river bank and is below the base of the river wall in the town.

Good news keep us posted, here in nothaburi the klongs are real high but it has been raining for a couple of days so that might be normal.

Good news keep us posted, here in nothaburi the klongs are real high but it has been raining for a couple of days so that might be normal.

We are in Nontaburi also. One of the really worrying things is that on the BKK side of Mahasawat the BMA has raised the concrete levy about 50 cm while on the Nontaburi side nothing has been done. The BKK side was already 80 cm above the Nontaburi side before last year's flood. I really don't want to go through another flood. For me it's not the physical result which can be repaired, it is the emotional side which leaves nasty scars. I still can't look at photos of last years flood. Yeah okay I am weak!

This would be a great opportunity for YS and her team to make a point on the situation stating the reasons why this is happening, what has been done, how much did it cost (with evidences), when is the situation expected to be back to normal, what the provinces at risk can expect, what is done to prevent a disaster, etc........ No white lies, just the truth, just what they know. I know it will be a very short speech, and that it is NOT going to happen...

It might go something along the lines of 'uhh' 'erm' 'well' I'm sorry dears, I must go as my helicopter is waiting for me and you know how rude it is to keep people waiting.......Byeeee, I'm off!!!!

Lies, Lies Lies here on TV. Those photos are fakes There is no flooding, we're all imagining it, It hasn't happened - Yingluck said so and she's so beautiful and charismatic that I can't imagine she would say something if it wasn't untrue. Lies, Lies, Lies.

I'm going to put my head in the sand now and hope it all goes away.

In the sand? Or...

This really is very sad and in fact heart wrenching for the poor families that are again traumatized for the 2nd time by floods within a year.

How can they ever be expected to recover. I'm sure many families were desperately hoping for a repreive this year so they could at least get a decent drop in and help to cover the losses of last year.

My prayers go out to all affected. These are the brave and silent unsung heroes (and victims) that those in power so willingly overlook in their power plays and money grabbing schemes when their focus should be on helping and serving the people that elected them and rely upo them!

This really is very sad and in fact heart wrenching for the poor families that are again traumatized for the 2nd time by floods within a year.

How can they ever be expected to recover. I'm sure many families were desperately hoping for a repreive this year so they could at least get a decent drop in and help to cover the losses of last year.

My prayers go out to all affected. These are the brave and silent unsung heroes (and victims) that those in power so willingly overlook in their power plays and money grabbing schemes when their focus should be on helping and serving the people that elected them and rely upo them!

What are you on about??

Thai politicians serving the people?? Abhisit apart, they are not there to help the people - c'mon now, how can they make money by doing this??

It doesn't help when idiotic (non) politicians boast that "don't worry, there won't be floods next year" you have voted us in and "we won't let you down", does it!!! She should keep her mouth shut - actually it only opens during photo opportunities and remains firmly shut during government proceedings!!

We all know where those billions of baht have gone don't we - dredge a few canals and buy some pumps and then plunder the rest to share out with your mates!!

Don't feel so sorry for the people as they are the reason that they are getting a second dose of the floods - what's more, if they don't turf this lot out soon it will be 'the same again next year'!!ermm.gif.

We are in Nontaburi also. One of the really worrying things is that on the BKK side of Mahasawat the BMA has raised the concrete levy about 50 cm while on the Nontaburi side nothing has been done. The BKK side was already 80 cm above the Nontaburi side before last year's flood. I really don't want to go through another flood. For me it's not the physical result which can be repaired, it is the emotional side which leaves nasty scars. I still can't look at photos of last years flood. Yeah okay I am weak!

That is really worrying because that means we are f...ecked again while BKK gets saved. If they made a wall higher then the problem would be that more water stayed in the river meaning BKK would get more water. It might even be deliberate..

And you all in Thailand believe, overseas buyers did NOT learn of last flood by looking around for alternative supply ?

Again a 1-3 months: 'oh solly, no have", simply ends in.. bye-bye, we found more reliable sources.

And the Thais, will just as they did after the floods of 1942, 1995 and 2011 go in temple, continue to accept their 20-50 baht voting money ( and nobody will ask themselves why a politician is so eager to spend such a fortune to come on a "service-seat to the nation" ) , and nothing will change.

Go flood prevention exhibition or message Yingluck on FB that is of course if you yellow agitators can read.

There is a simple reason to why she won't do that. Because she does not have a clue!

• Like 1

You are sadly misinformed my friend. Like so many conservatives in Thailand you bury your head in the sand. As someone who seems to live in a flood risk area I suggest that you get your info from a more reliable source.

All that could be done this year was explained in detail weeks ago including for example which parts of Nakon Sawan would be flooded. To correct the article above I would remind you that The Nation spins everything to the Yellow horizon. Further I point out that no Province, Ampeur or city in Thailand has been inundated to date (means overwhelmed. English Dictionary) to date in 2012

You are sadly misinformed my friend. Like so many conservatives in Thailand you bury your head in the sand. As someone who seems to live in a flood risk area I suggest that you get your info from a more reliable source.

All that could be done this year was explained in detail weeks ago including for example which parts of Nakon Sawan would be flooded. To correct the article above I would remind you that The Nation spins everything to the Yellow horizon. Further I point out that no Province, Ampeur or city in Thailand has been inundated to date (means overwhelmed. English Dictionary) to date in 2012

and I am the one who is sadly misinformed?

cheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gif

• Like 1

Might try asking the "inundated" folk out there whether or not they are "overwhelmed". That dictionary of yours will not dry out their houses or businesses.

• Like 1

And your current location would be where?