U S Embassy In Bangkok Issues Security Warnings To Citizens In Thailand

webfact

So incredible that a country as USA cannot even protect its ambassador and other officials. Then it pretends to protect its citizens ? What a joke !

Chuck Norris is retired. Batman, Superman, Spiderman, and the Avengers are all away on tour. Americans have never felt so vulnerable.

There would still be the rest of The Expendables, no? even though Chuck Norris has retired...

Btw - the American government knew two days in advance that there was trouble ahead and simply did nothing to warn or evacuate the ambassador and staff in time... reminds me of an earlier episode, where passenger airplanes with radio and beacon switched off steered right into restricted public areas without anyone doing a dam_n thing about it. We all know how it ended... Enough "coincidence" for the "everything is gonna be ok" guys out there???

hmmmmm? I smell another conspiracy theory.....hahahahahhahha give it a rest

this whole episode is one of the most ridiculous things I've ever heard of.... for a movie - ---<deleted>??!! hahahahahahahaha

Unfortunately there are many ignorant brainwashed people like you out there who - without knowing - help shadow governments to do their dirty work. You should open your mind and stop reading and watching manipulated mainstream media only and activate your brain!

Read this: http://visiontoameri...nd-did-nothing/

And for Pete's sake read some history books! They will teach you how wars were started throughout centuries and millenia. Mostly it started with a small inside job incident, igniting even world wars. To simply giggle and laugh every sceptic thought and unresolved question away is childish and downright stupid. Open your eyes and stop watching Oprah!

Edited by catweazle

• Replies 598
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Freedom because of opression from england you are so misinformed it's ridiculous ...... America was formed because about 12 men were killed in Boston not for ANY other reason , the people who wrote the constitution passed laws making speaking against the government a crime, which is by your account what they cured because of opression from someplace else , just plain not true , they did exactly what you say they prevented , it wasnt until someone from Vermont who was in Jail ran for governor so he could pardon himself for the crime of speaking against the government did we have that right ...... long after these wonderfull saviors you think solved everything became unimportant ...... that has absolutely nothing to do with oppresion from someplace else , it has to do with Americans getting tired of being oppressed by other Americans.

It's just plain sad that people are so uninformed as to the reasons we have the laws we have and how the country really was in the beginning ..... we have freedom IN SPITE of the founding fathers and wealthy voting landowners of yesteryear who were oppressors not Because of them. To say that the oppressors that wrote the constiution caused the freedom they refused to allow is nonsense. We would have written it that way eventually without the oppressors.

These are the same folks the American Taliban (Tea Party) worship and the times they want America to return to. I have little doubt these extremist have gained traction because of Muslim extremists and 9/11. Seems that extremists not only have a way of creating other radicals on their own side but also just as extreme views on the other side. If America doesn't keep itself in check, there will be a war against Islam and the people will blindly follow these tea bag leaders as German citizens followed Hitler down the road of genocide.

If a religious war starts between Islam and everyone else then it's the Islamists that started it. It always amuses me when people criticises the far right and the religious right while ignoring the violent fundamentalist Muslims. You may not like the politics of the Tea Party or the religious right but they haven't bombed a mosque nor had someone killed for critcising their religion. The same can't be said for the crazies in the middle east.

You talk about genocide. Please! If the West and Israel weren't more powerful than these barbarians, genocide would have already taken place.

Edited by gl555
  • Like 1

Freedom because of opression from england you are so misinformed it's ridiculous ...... America was formed because about 12 men were killed in Boston not for ANY other reason , the people who wrote the constitution passed laws making speaking against the government a crime, which is by your account what they cured because of opression from someplace else , just plain not true , they did exactly what you say they prevented , it wasnt until someone from Vermont who was in Jail ran for governor so he could pardon himself for the crime of speaking against the government did we have that right ...... long after these wonderfull saviors you think solved everything became unimportant ...... that has absolutely nothing to do with oppresion from someplace else , it has to do with Americans getting tired of being oppressed by other Americans.

It's just plain sad that people are so uninformed as to the reasons we have the laws we have and how the country really was in the beginning ..... we have freedom IN SPITE of the founding fathers and wealthy voting landowners of yesteryear who were oppressors not Because of them. To say that the oppressors that wrote the constiution caused the freedom they refused to allow is nonsense. We would have written it that way eventually without the oppressors.

These are the same folks the American Taliban (Tea Party) worship and the times they want America to return to. I have little doubt these extremist have gained traction because of Muslim extremists and 9/11. Seems that extremists not only have a way of creating other radicals on their own side but also just as extreme views on the other side. If America doesn't keep itself in check, there will be a war against Islam and the people will blindly follow these tea bag leaders as German citizens followed Hitler down the road of genocide.

If a religious war starts between Islam and everyone else then it's the Islamists that started it. It always amuses me when people criticises the far right and the religious right while ignoring the violent fundamentalist Muslims. You may not like the politics of the Tea Party or the religious right but they haven't bombed a mosque nor had someone killed for critcising their religion. The same can't be said for the crazies in the middle east.

You talk about genocide. Please! If the West and Israel weren't more powerful than these barbarians, genocide would have already taken place.

Nisa got a point! We'd all be dead by now or wear a turban...

Edited by catweazle

Now there is a demonstration planned for tomorrow. http://bangkok.usemb...itymessage.html

I assume this is Muslims protesting the movie. Or is it PAD?

I think we should protest the movie because it SUCKED so bad. I could literally only watch about 45 seconds of it.

I'm not sure I got that far. Maybe 30 seconds.. my 89 year old crippled mother could have done a better job and she's senile..

Actually sounds entertaining :D

Now there is a demonstration planned for tomorrow. http://bangkok.usemb...itymessage.html

I assume this is Muslims protesting the movie. Or is it PAD?

I think we should protest the movie because it SUCKED so bad. I could literally only watch about 45 seconds of it.

I'm not sure I got that far. Maybe 30 seconds.. my 89 year old crippled mother could have done a better job and she's senile..

Actually sounds entertaining biggrin.png

Agree! Thailand-wide crackdown on movies that suck, please!!! thumbsup.gif

Edited by catweazle

I think I'll go to the demonstration tomorrow carrying the American flag. Let the *astards try to touch me. I'll toss a fresh pork sandwich at them.

I'd join and bring some Wieners, Heineken and my Bruce Springsteen collection, if only I weren't living so far away... intheclub.gif

according to mohammad, "loot and arson" are the highest act of a religious life , so that makes it ok to burn embassies i guess, the guy had 13 wives, but muslims go bananas if he is refered to as a womaniser, maybe his sexual relations with his 10 yr old wife , or owning slaves would be concidered wrong by muslims ??..............not a chance, only they are right , all other religions are evil , we are the evil infidels .....and im proud to be one !

according to mohammad, "loot and arson" are the highest act of a religious life , so that makes it ok to burn embassies i guess, the guy had 13 wives, but muslims go bananas if he is refered to as a womaniser, maybe his sexual relations with his 10 yr old wife , or owning slaves would be concidered wrong by muslims ??..............not a chance, only they are right , all other religions are evil , we are the evil infidels .....and im proud to be one !

Wasn't she 9? However, the Talmud also has a tale-telling passages regarding sex with minors... "Holy books, huh?"

Wasn't she 9? However, the Talmud also has a tale-telling passages regarding sex with minors... "Holy books, huh?"

A lot of people don't even realize that Islam is a biblical religion and that numerous beliefs held by the extremists come from the Bible and not the Koran. Anybody who wants to hold old texts and people in such high regard (and want to return to those days) are bound to have some nutty ideas. Although also kind of a joke to believe the word of an almighty God needs to be updated as people's views and societies change ... now days people who hear God's voice, especially when saying to do something like kill their own son, is locked away.

Interesting read ... http://www.evilbible.com/Murder.htm

Edit: One also has to wonder what was in all the books of the bibles the Church chose to omit when putting together "God's words" for the masses.

Edited by Nisa
  • Like 1

A lot of people don't even realize that Islam is a biblical religion and that numerous beliefs held by the extremists come from the Bible and not the Koran. Anybody who wants to hold old texts and people in such high regard (and want to return to those days) are bound to have some nutty ideas. Although also kind of a joke to believe the word of an almighty God needs to be updated as people's views and societies change ... now days people who hear God's voice, especially when saying to do something like kill their own son, is locked away.

Interesting read ... http://www.evilbible.com/Murder.htm

Edit: One also has to wonder what was in all the books of the bibles the Church chose to omit when putting together "God's words" for the masses.

Thanks for the interesting link. Fully agree with your thoughts. We can't physically live in 2012 with a stone age mindset...

Just punish the guy who made it ... And all this will be gone ....

Why punish the filmmaker and accept oppression from Arabs? Freedom of exp<b></b>ression anyone?

Because Freedom of Speech shouldn't allow hatred of religion or ethnicity....wouldn't you agree that the world would be a happier place if there was less hate of others?

Yes it would be a better, happier place. But you will not get that by trying to gag people.

No one spoke personally to offend any one of the people rioting. The video criticised a person and his faith, and by association others faith.

preventing people from criticising the moslem faith is no more relevant than me expressing my opinion about say french people, man utd or the moonies. I dont have to like any of them, and i can choose to express my opinion or not. Even less, i dont have to show any religion true respect either, since by definition, if i dont agree, that religion shows no respect, love or compassion for me or my opinions.

But, that is my choice, but to prevent me from expressing my views because the reaction of those offended is so disproportional and irrational is illogical. It is like tolerating a naughty child that throws a tantrum.

Murdering people because of a slight to ones faith is utterly barbaric and not much beyond the conduct of cavemen.

Edited by Thai at Heart

Sorry to make a comment more on topic but ...

I think these protests tomorrow are mostly about Bangkok / Thailand not wanting to feel left out on the global stage. I doubt even half the people showing up will even being Muslims. Hopefully they get some good news coverage though and they won't feel obliged to cross the lines in order to get some recognition.

I hesitate to bring this up, but one of the posters on this page has an avatar depicting the prophet "M". I won't say who as that person might get his/her head cut off. I only hope the offender is not a woman with a brother - she'd be ripe for an honor killing.

No one spoke personally to offend any one of the people rioting. The video criticised a person and his faith, and by association others faith.

preventing people from criticising the moslem faith is no more relevant than me expressing my opinion about say french people, man utd or the moonies. I dont have to like any of them, and i can choose to express my opinion or not. Even less, i dont have to show any religion true respect either, since by definition, if i dont agree, that religion shows no respect, love or compassion for me or my opinions.

But, that is my choice, but to prevent me from expressing my views because the reaction of those offended is so disproportional and irrational is illogical. It is like tolerating a naughty child that throws a tantrum.

Murdering people because of a slight to ones faith is utterly barbaric and not much beyond the conduct of cavemen.

There is no excuse for violence but clearly this is a personal insult to many within the Muslim community. Think about somebody calling your dead father, who was a great and caring man, a child molester and then multiply it 50 fold to get an idea of how insulting and how much personal attack this was against some people... regardless if their belief system is right or wrong.

I personally can not see getting this worked up by any ignorant person purposely trying to get me going with words but I do understand their and others beliefs enough to understand how insulting and personal of an attack like this is ... I also have absolutely nothing against these people protesting as long as they are not causing injury and destruction. I just wish both sides could understand the other side a little better such as, even here in Thailand, I don't think there is a real understanding that in the US there generally is nothing the government can or will do to prevent or punish somebody for making such an inflaming and insulting film ... but maybe some believe this in itself is wrong and in my mind they have every right to make these feelings be known if they do it without harming others.

Oh guys, please don't be so naive.

I am a Christian Catholic from Serbia.

Americans bombed my country because of so called "The freedom of speech".

I didn't have a clue what was happening but many innocent people had died there.

Anyway, after whole that long period of suffering I thought that an average American citizen cannot do anything about it because he is just an ordinary guy who has to pay taxes to the US Government because otherwise he would go to prison.

After that I left the country and met quite a number of Americans.

I was very disappointed because I saw by my eyes that their ego was too much high.

They thought that their opinion was always relevant. Every conversation finished with "I am right" (meaning "We are right"), what was just foolish.

I can't say, I met some Americans who were just normal people (minority) who really didn't care about the crap that the US Government did whit its propaganda spreading around the World and were really good people who I deeply respect.

All the others don't know "to clean their ass after pooping out" - with the other words they are not aware of the reality in the world.

This whole crap is not just about the movie but it is almost the last drop in a glass.

No one likes that American crap when they behave like they are always right.

PS. I am still aware that there are a lot of good and normal people in America who are aware about what their Government does around the world.

I knew I kept my England Flag for a reason.

I'd be wary about flashing that around, too. We're pretty much in the same boat as the Americans when it comes to Muslim angst.

I wouldn't wave that flag in front of the Thais either.

90% of thais would'nt know whose flag it was,...........ask any thai what country the union flag belongs to

married her at 8 or 9 but as he was such a decent chap he waited until she was 10 to perform the naughty deed wai.gif ,,,apparently

Yup your correct and how about I name it before it begins ...... Operation Iranian Storm .... followed of course by Operation Iranian Freedom ...... Then ...... Operation I'm Sorry but Freedom Means You Can't Have The Presedent You Wan't , The Laws you Want, or Your Oil Either........ Ending with Operation Recession ......... Because of course you want to screw everyone equally in a Democracy.
  • Like 2

married her at 8 or 9 but as he was such a decent chap he waited until she was 10 to perform the naughty deed wai.gif ,,,apparently

I guess that beats what the biblical scholars that say the "virgin" Mary was s young as 12 when she gave birth to Jesus and was engaged to 90-year old Joesph. But back in those days a girl and a period were ripe for motherhood .... I wonder if God has changed his mind (wrong previously) on this now or we are all sinners for not helping these children to bear fruit and multiply. crazy.gif

Edited by Nisa
  • Like 1

A question to the posters that continuously quote the American Constitution on "Freedom of Speech"

For what reason do you think that American law is World law ?

it is'nt,...cos its based around english/british law............why are you americans so insular ??..........surely you've heard of the interweb giggle.gif

Oh guys, please don't be so naive.

I am a Christian Catholic from Serbia.

Americans bombed my country because of so called "The freedom of speech".

I didn't have a clue what was happening but many innocent people had died there.

Anyway, after whole that long period of suffering I thought that an average American citizen cannot do anything about it because he is just an ordinary guy who has to pay taxes to the US Government because otherwise he would go to prison.

After that I left the country and met quite a number of Americans.

I was very disappointed because I saw by my eyes that their ego was too much high.

They thought that their opinion was always relevant. Every conversation finished with "I am right" (meaning "We are right"), what was just foolish.

I can't say, I met some Americans who were just normal people (minority) who really didn't care about the crap that the US Government did whit its propaganda spreading around the World and were really good people who I deeply respect.

All the others don't know "to clean their ass after pooping out" - with the other words they are not aware of the reality in the world.

This whole crap is not just about the movie but it is almost the last drop in a glass.

No one likes that American crap when they behave like they are always right.

PS. I am still aware that there are a lot of good and normal people in America who are aware about what their Government does around the world.

I feel the same way about Serbians. I once spent a few years living in Australia in a neighbourhood near Serbian immigrants. Every week they were fighting with Croatian immigrants.

Please tell me again how most American are aggressive and ignorant, and how Serbians are peaceloving and openminded.

A question to the posters that continuously quote the American Constitution on "Freedom of Speech"

it is'nt,...cos its based around english/british law............why are you americans so insular ??..........surely you've heard of the interweb giggle.gif

Hey, we invented both freedom and the web as well as the American Fried Rice you see on the menus here.

If you ask that then shut up and keep your opinions to yourself....

So freedom of speech only works in one direction then ?

Sarcasm. Only Westerners are entitled to freedom of speech. While Muslims are entitled to freedom to riot. I think the West would prefer it to be the former.

• Like 1

Just punish the guy who made it ... And all this will be gone ....

... yeah, until the NEXT time it happens, when the militants will demand even more "satisfaction" (knowing they'll get it). Yeah, grovelling to hoodlums & gangsters is always a good answer. And guess you're not much into free speech, human rights, and all that sort of nonsense huh? Hmmm - maybe someone somewhere would like to have a conversation about YOUR free speech, and YOUR human rights... Oh, is that different?

Really, learn to think ahead.

• Like 1