U S Embassy In Bangkok Issues Security Warnings To Citizens In Thailand

webfact

My mistake I apologize, they are the second largest and growing faster than any other, population wise, and will soon be the largest.

The message was, get used to Muslims, but you did not get that. I am not here to nit pick, nor do I need to use Wikpedia to refute someones thinking.

No, They maybe the second largest but there's still more of everyone else then them, Why should we tiptoe around these idiots who blow stuff up when someone just says something they don't like about their beloved prophet. They're the ones who should be more tolerant.

Not sure I'd call it tiptoe-ing around to go out of your way to purposely try to inflame people by using the worst insults possible to insult them and what they hold most dear. I also don't believe the overwhelming vast majority of Muslims have every blown anything up or is in anyway violent at all. Nor do I think the vast majority are so ignorant to condemn an entire other people of a single religion as being evil or violent.

Gotta be a pretty large percentage though when you consider all of the gorilla war fare, civil wars, ethnic cleansing and the mobs of Muslims dragging bodies through the streets and stomping people to death. Then we have just keeping the wife in line by beating, stoning or a little acid wash to the face. Then those not acting this way accept or tolerate these behaviors. They also revel and applaud actions of those few you refer to who are able to gain access to bombs and are able to get close enough to blow a few Americans or other cultures to bits with them. Good people for sure.

You see 50 % as a glass half full, I view 50 % as a whacked out society.

Actually, you view less than 1% as 50%

• Replies 598
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

All this insanity and idiocy perpetrated in the name of a god ( and by that I mean all gods) whose very preaching have long been annihilated by science, common sense , critical thinking , and human intelligence.

Very sad to see such nutcases still ruining the party in the 21st century.

That's about the worst insult you could possibly make toward any religion - and in your dreams science has annihilated anything, but let's not get into a evolution vs creation debate here.

@ttelise - better do more independent research that quoting from a pro Hindu / anti Islamic blogger. perhaps the following link will shed some light on world population over the centuries and make a lie of the claim

http://www.timelines...rough_the_ages/

Haha, did not say it happened over a period of a few years or decades like Hitler and Stalin. Didn't Timur kill something 100,000 prisoners back in 1700s. My history kind of fuzzy. If number are wrong, then how many do Hindu do you contend was killed by Muslims during that period. Between 1000 and 1524 give or take a few. I guess Muslims killing only 150,000 a year over 500 years doesn't sound that bad, but it's still 80,000,000.

Purely speculative calculations don't make the claim of 80 million killed factual

Do you know actual number? Does anyone know actual numbers for Mao, Stalin and Hitler? Are you denying that there was a mass genocide of Hindus by Muslims over that period of time I stated. Is it also possible the number could be 100,000,000 over 525 years instead if 80,000,000?

Edited by ttelise

Article in today's BKK Post saying that the Head of the International Al Quds Federation of Thailand led the Shia Muslim contingent in the protest at the US Embassy in BKK. He personally tried to burn the Israeli flag and stomped on the US flag. For those who don't know Al Quds is tasked with "exporting" Iran's Islamic revolution.

@ttelise - better do more independent research that quoting from a pro Hindu / anti Islamic blogger. perhaps the following link will shed some light on world population over the centuries and make a lie of the claim

http://www.timelines...rough_the_ages/

Haha, did not say it happened over a period of a few years or decades like Hitler and Stalin. Didn't Timur kill something 100,000 prisoners back in 1700s. My history kind of fuzzy. If number are wrong, then how many do Hindu do you contend was killed by Muslims during that period. Between 1000 and 1524 give or take a few. I guess Muslims killing only 150,000 a year over 500 years doesn't sound that bad, but it's still 80,000,000.

Purely speculative calculations don't make the claim of 80 million killed factual

Do you know actual number? Does anyone know actual numbers for Mao, Stalin and Hitler? Are you denying that there was a mass genocide of Hindus by Muslims over that period of time I stated. Is it also possible the number could be 100,000,000 over 525 years instead if 80,000,000?

No I don't know actual numbers, nor do I quote extremist authors / websites in an endeavour to prove the unprovable.

No I don't know actual numbers, nor do I quote extremist authors / websites in an endeavour to prove the unprovable.

I am not quoting anybody. Everyone on here quotes crap all the time. Like Wiki is accurate and is subjected to peer review.

So you deny the Hindu cleansing by Muslims between 1000 and 1525.

I guess you would also deny 1971 Banglidesh massacres by Muslims. Wasn't the like 1.5 million with some estimates as high as 3 million. Wasn't that government sponsored mass murder committed by Muslims?

Wasn't it the great Muslim leader Yahya Kahn that said "kill 3,000,000 of them and the rest will eat of your hand" during the 1971 mass killings and massacres the likes of which had not been seen since Hitler.

Need more?

Edited by ttelise

@ttelise No I do not deny the killings by the Muslim rulers/invasions forces - kind of de rigueur during those times for any conqueror no matter their faith. Yes there were mass killings in Bangladesh. There were mass killings by Hindu's of Muslims when India gained Independence, though not as "successful" in numbers as the Muslim killings of Hindus.

@ttelise No I do not deny the killings by the Muslim rulers/invasions forces - kind of de rigueur during those times for any conqueror no matter their faith. Yes there were mass killings in Bangladesh. There were mass killings by Hindu's of Muslims when India gained Independence, though not as "successful" in numbers as the Muslim killings of Hindus.

1971 was massacre for express purpose of suppressing people. "Kill 3,000,000 and they will eat out if your hand.". What kind of person thinks that way. How many Pakistani murderers did it take to kill 1,500,000 or more civilians in a relative short period of time. Lots of bad apples.

Do you blame Hindus for fighting back after perhaps 85,000,000 or more had been killed by Muslims. How many Muslims did Hindus kill? Did Hindus commit mass genocide against Muslin civilians?

How about Darfur in 2003. Was that all about some independence crap also or just mass killing 250,000 to 500,000 and displacing 1.5 million that probably lead to mire deaths. Nice people.

Edited by ttelise

There are just some things you cannot or do not even try to defend. Nisa's values have apparently gotten so warped that he does not get that. Simple1, you seem more rationale than that. I do not defend or condone Bush's personal war against Sadam and think that was the single worst thing US has ever done on a large scale.

All this insanity and idiocy perpetrated in the name of a god ( and by that I mean all gods) whose very preaching have long been annihilated by science, common sense , critical thinking , and human intelligence.

Very sad to see such nutcases still ruining the party in the 21st century.

That's about the worst insult you could possibly make toward any religion - and in your dreams science has annihilated anything, but let's not get into a evolution vs creation debate here.

Creationism is rubbish , an insult to human intelligence.

The religion of Islam has more followers in the world than any other religion, so Muslims form the largest religious group in the world and as they tend to propagate more this will only increase.

Muslims are or will be your neighbours, your fellow students, or co-workers. So get over all this hate and learn to live with them and their religious views. Read the Quaran, open your eyes a little. I think many of you people are homophobic about Muslims. I think that if you read their holy book you may change your views. Some of the nicest people I have met in the world are Muslims. Salom Ali Kum.

It's like everywhere: keep 'em stupid, lead 'em easy!

The educated people are mostly a bit more open minded. But I think, no need to explain about , in this forum!

http://gawker.com/59...-of-muslim-rage

Edited by noob7

1971 was massacre for express purpose of suppressing people. "Kill 3,000,000 and they will eat out if your hand.". What kind of person thinks that way. How many Pakistani murderers did it take to kill 1,500,000 or more civilians in a relative short period of time. Lots of bad apples.

Do you blame Hindus for fighting back after perhaps 85,000,000 or more had been killed by Muslims. How many Muslims did Hindus kill? Did Hindus commit mass genocide against Muslin civilians?

How about Darfur in 2003. Was that all about some independence crap also or just mass killing 250,000 to 500,000 and displacing 1.5 million that probably lead to mire deaths. Nice people.

I am not trying to defend atrocities committed in the name of Islam or Islamic States. What I do object to is posting that use far right / bigoted anti Islamic content to substantiate their opinions as facts. We all know their have been cruel and inhumane actions, but to paint all Muslims in the same light is neither fair or accurate. It's equivalent to blaming all American citizens for the decision made by the American leaders for the unjustifiable invasion of Iraq.

• Like 1

Muslims are or will be your neighbours, your fellow students, or co-workers. So get over all this hate and learn to live with them and their religious views. Read the Quaran, open your eyes a little.

Why do people have to get used to Muslims and why is it always one-sided with this issue? What makes them special over the Buddhist living next to me and the Christian living opposite me? I agree, everyone needs to get on, but at the moment all the respect and kowtowing is on one side. Again, what makes them special? Can you answer me that?

I am not trying to defend atrocities committed in the name of Islam or Islamic States. What I do object to is posting that use far right / bigoted anti Islamic content to substantiate their opinions as facts. We all know their have been cruel and inhumane actions, but to paint all Muslims in the same light is neither fair or accurate. It's equivalent to blaming all American citizens for the decision made by the American leaders for the unjustifiable invasion of Iraq.

I am not a bigot. I only have ill eelings toward those that intentionally harm other or force their religious beliefs upon others by means of violence and suppression. Acts of genocide and ethnic cleansing typically cannot be accomplished by the less than 1 percent figures arbitrarily tossed around by some on here and that was my point.

There just seems to be an extremely high number in terms of percentage of Muslims who either participate in violent activities or condone violent activities. People want to say the crazies we see in the street rioting, fighting, murdering or blowing stuff up is a minority view. I do believe that, but there is an awful lot of these bad actors and a minority view could equate 49 %.

If this such a minority view, then why doesn't majority quell the craziness, restore order and peace and send strong message to murderers that killings will be punished and not tolerated. Perhaps because they too believe in a similar manner as the supposed minority, they don't care or they condone violence.

Funny you refer to me as a bigot, yet defend those who are perhaps the most racist and bigoted culture in the world.

Is there even any effort by Muslims to find and brng to justice those that killed the ambassador? I would hope, otherwise the level of tolerance seems to me a reflecting of this being much more than just a minority view.

How many innocents have to die or get named before that Muslim majority does something about it's whacked out minority. Seems to me nothing is done and their actions are defended or at least condoned by those who actually have a deep belief that victims on some level deserve what they got.

So is it really the minority or a majority view with a majority comprised of many who simply pay lip service by saying they disagree with the violence even though their actions indicate otherwise.

Edited by ttelise
  • Like 1

All religions are insane.

Who wants to live as an abject slave to a man created deity, kill in its name, chose what to eat in its name, obey its every absurd commandment.

If god is so good why does it condemn us to send you to spend an infinity of suffering and torture, if you just decide to think for yourself and acknowledge that this is just one big piece of dog shit .

Edited by Scott
font

My mistake I apologize, they are the second largest and growing faster than any other, population wise, and will soon be the largest.

The message was, get used to Muslims, but you did not get that. I am not here to nit pick, nor do I need to use Wikpedia to refute someones thinking.

No, They maybe the second largest but there's still more of everyone else then them, Why should we tiptoe around these idiots who blow stuff up when someone just says something they don't like about their beloved prophet. They're the ones who should be more tolerant.

Not sure I'd call it tiptoe-ing around to go out of your way to purposely try to inflame people by using the worst insults possible to insult them and what they hold most dear. I also don't believe the overwhelming vast majority of Muslims have every blown anything up or is in anyway violent at all. Nor do I think the vast majority are so ignorant to condemn an entire other people of a single religion as being evil or violent.

Well, the tens of thousands (if not hundreds of thousands) are holding up one or two Americans as symbolic of all Americans and the US government; hence the nature of the protests. It certainly seems like it's more justifiable to hold up Muslims as dangerous and ignorant given that a lot more Muslims demonstrate these characteristics (in defiance of your claims) than the collective body of Americans/Westerners who hold up Muhammad as a sexual deviant. Perhaps logic isn't an appealing medium of thought for you though.

Also, you can keep spouting the cute little statistics about the percentage of Muslims who happen to actually carry out terrorist attacks, but as mentioned in past posts (and verified by evidence), the scarier thing is that a significant portion of the world's Muslims (at least 1/3) support such attacks either actively or tacitly. If your version of reality deserved any credence, then the whole of the world (outside of the most backwards countries) wouldn't be engaging in the types of law enforcement behaviors that they are towards Muslims. You ought to read about how the Chinese government blasts government propaganda during Uighur religious gatherings. Clearly, your ideas don't inform (to the slightest extent) the basis of security policy in any country from Saudi Arabia to Russia to America to Thailand to China. I'd say that surely is a sign of how wrong you are, but hey, maybe everyone is wrong but you. Yeah, that must be it: when anyone with any clout (or access to knowledge the rest of us can't access) disagrees with you, it can't be you who is crazy...it must be everyone else.

Sorry Nisa, but your ideas reek of representational thinking: you (apparently) understand the true nature of the world regardless of the observed happenings (empirical evidence) within. You're instincts are noble though and it makes me all misty inside. I just want to join a flower-power gang and spread love around the world after I read your posts.

Nope, since you were flat out wrong, you'll be needing a better source than Wikipedia.

I'm not far right on anything, but I do regard Islam as the most aggressive threat to human progress in the modern world (as I would say the Catholic Church was during the Middle Ages). You can throw around the word bigot all you want, but in the end you are nothing more than an apologist for the chaos and violence that is currently occurring around the world in the name of Islam. No one is painting all Muslims as terrorists, but in the interest of safety, I think many of the world's governments would agree that it's advisable to consider Muslims a serious threat. You can disagree all you want, but you know as well as I do that almost every security apparatus in the world regards Islam is the breeding ground of world's most dangerous individuals. It's cute for those outside of the policy arena to sit around and talk about how everyone is so "peaceful and deserving of respect" but that has no basis in public-safety policy.

You should see this (it's an interview with someone who doesn't necessarily share my view but actually has researched modern Islam in the context of Saudi Arabia): http://www.charliero...interview/12566

Ultimately, right or wrong, until the "peaceful" contingent of the world's Muslims comes out and publicly disavows (condemns) any and all association with (and assists the comprehensive routing of) the anti-social, psychotic minority's actions and philosophies, that "peaceful" contingent will be regarded by many, many, many people as complicit and deserving of the same treatment as any potential al Qaeda insurgent. The sad thing is that al Qaeda and the world's Muslim extremists don't seem to understand that most of the world will simply adopt an pan-anti-Islamic agenda as a result of their zealotry. They are undermining the very people they believe they are protecting (which is especially ironic considering that the vast majority of militant Islam's victims are other Muslims). I suppose there is a form of poetic justice (however unfortunate) in the universe.

Edited by Unkomoncents
  • Like 1

I'm not far right on anything, but I do regard Islam as the most aggressive threat to human progress in the modern world (as I would say the Catholic Church was during the Middle Ages). You can throw around the word bigot all you want, but in the end you are nothing more than an apologist for the chaos and violence that is currently occurring around the world in the name of Islam. No one is painting all Muslims as terrorists, but in the interest of safety, I think many of the world's governments would agree that it's advisable to consider Muslims a serious threat. You can disagree all you want, but you know as well as I do that almost every security apparatus in the world regards Islam is the breeding ground of world's most dangerous individuals. It's cute for those outside of the policy arena to sit around and talk about how everyone is so "peaceful and deserving of respect" but that has no basis in public-safety policy.

You should see this (it's an interview with someone who doesn't necessarily share my view but actually has researched modern Islam in the context of Saudi Arabia): http://www.charliero...interview/12566

Ultimately, right or wrong, until the "peaceful" contingent of the world's Muslims comes out and publicly disavows (condemns) any and all association with (and assists the comprehensive routing of) the anti-social, psychotic minority's actions and philosophies, that "peaceful" contingent will be regarded by many, many, many people as complicit and deserving of the same treatment as any potential al Qaeda insurgent. The sad thing is that al Qaeda and the world's Muslim extremists don't seem to understand that most of the world will simply adopt an pan-anti-Islamic agenda as a result of their zealotry. They are undermining the very people they believe they are protecting (which is especially ironic considering that the vast majority of militant Islam's victims are other Muslims). I suppose there is a form of poetic justice (however unfortunate) in the universe.

I have never been an apologist for Islamic terror, but I do accept the right of Muslims to protest against deliberate, calculated insults to their faith. The protests that have turned violent, attacked US assets etc have actually been put down by the security forces in the Islamic countries, which most people on the forum overlook. Using the word "bigot" was accurate in the context of the post to which I responded. I agree Islamic extremists are creating home goals for the acceptance of the Islam. Yes their is a silent majority of Muslims who are not countering in the public domain the actions of the extremists. Some Islamic leaders in Western countries have done so, but if you are concerned for your and your families safety in Islamic States, more than likely you will not.

As someone else said education is one of the primary keys for current tensions dissipating over time. For many the only education they get is an interpretation/instruction of the Koran that actually does not represent the core values of Islam in relation to today's world. Also the transition to open and transparent societies. Taking into account the lessons from history will also mean their will be further violence and repression until peaceful democracy has been achieved. As you know the West, until very recent times, has supported violent and repressive minority regimes for the repression of the majority. Not exactly surprising if the "oppressed become the oppressor" as the stages of society evolution are worked through.

EDIT. Romney considers Russia as the greatest geopolitical treat to US interests; refer:

http://www.washingtonpost.com/world/europe/putin-says-romney-comment-justifies-russias-opposition-to-us-missile-defense-plans/2012/09/11/8db26f56-fc42-11e1-98c6-ec0a0a93f8eb_story.html

Edited by simple1

I have never been an apologist for Islamic terror, but I do accept the right of Muslims to protest against deliberate, calculated insults to their faith. The protests that have turned violent, attacked US assets etc have actually been put down by the security forces in the Islamic countries, which most people on the forum overlook. Using the word "bigot" was accurate in the context of the post to which I responded. I agree Islamic extremists are creating home goals for the acceptance of the Islam. Yes their is a silent majority of Muslims who are not countering in the public domain the actions of the extremists. Some Islamic leaders in Western countries have done so, but if you are concerned for your and your families safety in Islamic States, more than likely you will not.

As someone else said education is one of the primary keys for current tensions dissipating over time. For many the only education they get is an interpretation/instruction of the Koran that actually does not represent the core values of Islam in relation to today's world. Also the transition to open and transparent societies. Taking into account the lessons from history will also mean their will be further violence and repression until peaceful democracy has been achieved. As you know the West, until very recent times, has supported violent and repressive minority regimes for the repression of the majority. Not exactly surprising if the "oppressed become the oppressor" as the stages of society evolution are worked through.

EDIT. Romney considers Russia as the greatest geopolitical treat to US interests; refer:

http://www.washingtonpost.com/world/europe/putin-says-romney-comment-justifies-russias-opposition-to-us-missile-defense-plans/2012/09/11/8db26f56-fc42-11e1-98c6-ec0a0a93f8eb_story.html

Romney is an idiot. My opinion and muff said there.

I guess Romney did not consider Iran just saying they were considering a preemptive strike against Israel that could plumet the world into World War III. My opinion and Nuff said there.

Difference between protesting something you don't like a killing 4 innocent people because of a farce of a movie made by an Egyptian.

@ttelise: Quote "Difference between protesting something you don't like a killing 4 innocent people because of a farce of a movie made by an Egyptian".

Now you're just being silly - just about every media source is quoting officials that this was a preplanned extremest islamic group attack. The Libyan people in Benghazi have forced the extremist group of out their H.O as not pleased with their killing of the Ambassador and some of his team; refer:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-africa-19680785

• Like 1

@ttelise: Quote "Difference between protesting something you don't like a killing 4 innocent people because of a farce of a movie made by an Egyptian".

Now you're just being silly - just about every media source is quoting officials that this was a preplanned extremest islamic group attack. The Libyan people in Benghazi have forced the extremist group of out their H.O as not pleased with their killing of the Ambassador and some of his team; refer:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-africa-19680785

Haha, yeah it really under control there. I saw today where US had to pull all US citizens out including CIA agents. They certainly got it under control, perhaps because there are no more US citizens to kill so they all went home.

So are they rioting over a movie or not? They either all are or all aren't. Fact is, they all have ulterior motives and are just being opportunistic with movie ruse. I doubt protest in Thailand would have been so peaceful if they did not realize Thai cops would likely crack some heads if they got out of hand.

Perhaps those protesting at Thai embassy should be carrying signs saying we are sorry for the acts of those in Libya killing innocent Americans.

As usual you and Nisa ignore difficult issues. I assume you believe Iran's threat of preemptive strike against Israel and starting World War III is warranted. Israel would only target, surgically, the nuclear capabilities of Iran in a first strike. Iran's preemptive launch would likely be an indiscriminate attack killing people.

So they the Muslims are not happy with a back yard movie, allegedly made in the USA by one of their own people.

I have to admit, this is brilliant...never heard it put this way...so succinct and to the point...plain and simple!!!

THE MUSLIMS ARE NOT HAPPY!

They're not happy in Gaza ..

They're not happy in Egypt ..

They're not happy in Libya ..

They're not happy in Morocco ..

They're not happy in Iran ..

They're not happy in Iraq ..

They're not happy in Yemen ..

They're not happy in Afghanistan ..

They're not happy in Pakistan ..

They're not happy in Syria ..

They're not happy in Lebanon ..

SO, WHERE ARE THEY HAPPY?

They're happy in Australia .

They're happy in Canada .

They're happy in England ..

They're happy in France ..

They're happy in Italy ..

They're happy in Germany ..

They're happy in Sweden ..

They're happy in the USA ..

They're happy in Norway ..

They're happy in Holland .

They're happy in Denmark .

Basically, they're happy in every country that is not Muslim and unhappy in every country that is!

AND WHO DO THEY BLAME?

Not Islam.

Not their leadership.

Not themselves.

THEY BLAME THE COUNTRIES THEY ARE HAPPY IN!

AND THEN; They want to change those countries to be like....

THE COUNTRY THEY CAME FROM WHERE THEY WERE UNHAPPY!

Excuse me, but I can't help wondering...

How dumb can you get?

• Like 2

sick of the Muslims, they come to your country and tell the people you cannot sing Christmas carols at your children's schools, they want to swim in only Muslims swimming pools for them only , have to have halal foods in all the supermarkets,

the list goes on and on .I like to see if we tried to do the same in their country

• Like 1

sick of the Muslims, they come to your country and tell the people you cannot sing Christmas carols at your children's schools, they want to swim in only Muslims swimming pools for them only , have to have halal foods in all the supermarkets,

the list goes on and on .I like to see if we tried to do the same in their country

clap2.gif A good one! And I'm sure, you don't wanna see that!