39 Year Old Motorbike Driver Killed In Central Pattaya Road Crash

Rimmer

39 year old motorbike driver killed in Central Pattaya road crash

PATTAYA:--A 39 year old female motorbike driver was killed in an early morning road crash on Sunday in Central Pattaya. The accident occurred on the Sukhumvit Road in front of Pattaya School Number 5 and led to the death of Khun Warunee.

Witnesses confirmed she was driving her White and Brown Yamaha Fino and was preparing to cross all lanes of traffic with the intention of turning right into Soi Siam Country Club when a fast moving Black Toyota Vios driven by Khun Panapar aged 40, failed to see the bike and slammed into the smaller vehicle at high speed.

The road conditions at the time were dangerous due to heavy rain and surface water on the road, which is thought to be a contributory factor.

Full story:http://www.pattayaone.net/pattaya-news/62333/39-year-motorbike-driver-killed-central-pattaya-road-crash/

pattaya-one.jpg

-- Pattaya One 2012-09-17

[newsfooter][/newsfooter]

What a horrible waste of a life AGAIN. I use that same turning almost every day and hate when people try to speed up to catch the yellow light flying down Sukhumvit Rd. I always wait until the light has changed red for a few more seconds and until the crowd of bikes is already turning because people still go through red lights as we all know. Ad the weather factor in and yes it's very dangerous.

My condolence to the family and RIP young woman.

Every time I hear these reports there is always the feeling of sadness for the individual and the family but as we hear it so often you get somewhat detached from the whole thing.

Only when it comes closer to home does it really hit you.

The poor girl lived in our village and my wife was good friends with her. When you see first hand how many people are affected it really does hit home. The poor mother is a lovely lady who doted over her daughter, had to take a call while she was in Europe, to be told she had lost her.

In terms of Mr Yoslin's comment above there are only a very small few who know the facts, and as usual the report is very sketchy so unfair the try and comment on what actually happened or suggest that she was at fault. I also know the junction very well and from the photos in the report it looks like she had already crossed the road and was in the lane to turn right already. Will we get the facts? Probably not.

I know the car driver was arrested but not sure if charges are being pressed.

At what point will someone who has the ability to reduce these mindless deaths say enough is enough?

Absolutely horrible loss of life. Deepest condolences to the family. It's very disturbing to see so many vehicles on the road that have broken lights. Add that to the fact that the majority seem to use no safety equipment as well as the lack of common sense while operating their vehicle and these types of tragedies are all too common. I'm in no way saying this unfortunate women was at fault nor the driver of the car was at fault as the details released here are sketchy at best. I do know that driving in the rain at night takes added awareness from all drivers and I find that to be quite lacking here.

I only wish that more awareness was put on safe driving. Considering how many accidents occur in this country every day it would seem they need to step up the education on driver safety. And to me that needs to more than police fining folks to fill their pockets.

• Like 1