True Blocking Torrents

paul1970

I have been using thebox UK tv torrents P2P for about 6 years in Thailand with no problems until yesterday when all my thebox torrents went red with a "connection closed by peer" message. I have 2 TRUE lines in a dual wan configuration, 20Mb Docsis and 7Mb ADSL and the torrents are being blocked on the 2 lines.

Of course TRUE are denying that they are blocking torrents but on thebox's forum there are a number off users complaining about the same issue and funnily enough all are based in Thailand and are using TRUE as their ISP. The stupid thing is it seems that they are only blocking thebox as TPB and eztv are working as well as a few others that I have.

About time "TRUE" changed their name to something more appropriate, maybe "Lying B'stards" would be better.

• Like 2

Looks like the problem we had just over a month ago with 3BB.

True users weren't affected - I nearly changed to them at that time!

Someone with more knowledge than I did a tracerroute (I think that's what it's called) and found that the signals from 3BB and True were going around the world to somewhere in Sweden.

In Sweden 3BB was being blocked, but True was going through!!

A Google search showed there had been similar problems from the U.S. to Europe earlier in the year with the same Swedish link.

3BB got this sorted out (eventually).

Maybe you should see if the blockage of True is occuring at the same point.

You might want to consider using a seedbox.

That's what I did a while back when getting these problems.

Seedbox is the way to go.

it takes me minutes to get a 4-7 gig bluray rip on to the seedbox and i can gnerally download via ftp at my connections full speed.

i can usually choose and watch the movie of my choice in under an hour.

A tv show at 720 less than half

it takes me minutes to get a 4-7 gig bluray rip on to the seedbox and i can gnerally download via ftp at my connections full speed.

I have my internet with true and

I use usernet via newshosting and get consistant 800k/s downloads on all files. How does yours compare? costs me about $15 a month to subscribe.

Edited by eeeya

+3 on a seedbox. It seems strange to have all that downstream bandwidth, 27 Mbps, with limited upstream bandwidth, 3 Mbps, and utilizing BT? Let a seedbox do that for you, especially the upstream part where you can manage ratios much more easily. Then download files from the seedbox via FTP,perhaps at night, with your huge downstream pipe. A no-brainer really.

I use a local seedbox, in Thailand, but choosing one closer to your source(s) may be a better option? I pay 3,000 baht/year for 6 MBps (48 Mbps) down, unlimited upstream, 5 torrents down/25 total, 100 GB of storage, unlimited FTP (wire-speed, 11 Mbps on my DSL line). There are also a lot of local BT sites with lots of content, especially with Asian/Thai subs. A seedbox frees up my internet connection, other than when I am FTPing at night.

I have my internet with true and

I use usernet via newshosting and get consistant 800k/s downloads on all files. How does yours compare? costs me about $15 a month to subscribe.

i often max out a 30Mbps line using multi-threaded Secure ftp.

added file to seedbox at 11:08

post-150703-0-83397500-1348115843_thumb.

Seedbox to local machine:

post-150703-0-11592900-1348115923_thumb.

File on computer 11:33

And speeds are crap today, usually i average about 28mbps.

Seedbox is around 1000 THB per month shared between myself and a friend (he pays one month i pay one). Hosted in the Netherlands, because anything OVH out of france has peering issues.

The seedbox i have has 450 gig storage 1Gbps unlimited download and upload

Seedbox allowed me to chuck TrueVisions. For less than the cost of the Plat package, I have 30/3 docsis 3.0 internet and seedbox. I also have a vpn, though with tunlr out there it rarely gets use.

Edited by tinfoilhat

Thanks for the info. I will investigate further this evening.

I have true platinum and its a piece of crap. But the wife likes the simplicity of watching tv through this instead of my wd tv.

Wish she was willing to learn

interestingly, i got rid of the ex and True Platinum at the same time. She was the only reason i kept it.

One caveat regarding seedboxes is you may have to try a couple before you find one that peers well with Thailand.

you also need a good private tracker.

I am using Ultraseedbox, but i have been though about 3 others, the first one i tried was getaseedbox, and they were cheap and great, but just disappeared one day, it took a couple of kicks at the can until i found Ultra.

I tried pulsed Media, and they were good, but they had a 2TB cap, on uploads, which would not have been a problem except for the fact that that included all traffic via ftp to my computer at home. I was hitting the limit and having my speed cut radically by the last week of every month. Thy also had connectivity issues with Thailand, one day would be brilliant, the next day your speeed would be capped at 8. they have admitted that they do have routing issues to certain places

On top of that, they limited the number of connections to the server to 10. As True throttle individual threads to around 1 mbps, the very best i could do was about 10mbps, hardly worth the money to me if i had a 30 mbps connection. No point in having a box that gets thee files down in 3 minutes if it takes an hour and a half to get it on to my computer. Ultra allow me around 60 connections, but I only use 40 and i usually get excellent speeds.

anyways, i do go on.

Edited by tinfoilhat

Thebox is now working.seems that True where having issues somewhere.

Anyhow, the responses in this thread got me looking into Seedbox's and I've signed up to SeedrootS for a month to try it out, $28 a month for 1Tb storage, 100Mb/s speed with 5Tb bandwidth.

Downloads the torrents real quick but the issue I have is getting the downloaded files from the seedbox to my home pc, what are you guys using to get the speeds mentioned while transferring files from your seedbox?

I tried ftp and it was downloading at 100kbs, then I tried SSH with Swish and a 223MB download took 2 and a half hours!!!!!

Thebox is now working.seems that True where having issues somewhere.

Anyhow, the responses in this thread got me looking into Seedbox's and I've signed up to SeedrootS for a month to try it out, $28 a month for 1Tb storage, 100Mb/s speed with 5Tb bandwidth.

Downloads the torrents real quick but the issue I have is getting the downloaded files from the seedbox to my home pc, what are you guys using to get the speeds mentioned while transferring files from your seedbox?

I tried ftp and it was downloading at 100kbs, then I tried SSH with Swish and a 223MB download took 2 and a half hours!!!!!

This is a problem I was having with another seedbox provider - often no more than about 20-30kbs :(

My speeds have been slow for a couple of days, from various trackers.

I tested my speeds domestically(fine) and internationally(terrible), it seems that the problem is coming from outside Thailand.

The last seedbox I subscribed to said this 'It would appear that your connection is going over the snj -> pal connection in the USA which is currently overloaded: http://weathermap.ovh.net/usa

We do not have any control over this so there is nothing further we can do, however OVH (our ISP) is bringing out a US datacentre which will result in link upgrades across the US.'

That^ was in May, but I suspect it is something similar, usually patience is the only cure...