Things To Mitigate Dissatisfaction In Thailand For Gf

Aurelllian

Hi. I work in conflict zones and have kept a condo in Thailand to mitigate against federal taxes and because it’s only an eight hour flight from my region of employment. I like the live and let live attitude of Thailand and keep to myself here

I have a gf here who despises Thailand. She cries when we board a plane from the US or Europe to BKK. Heck, she even cried when we returned from our little sojourn in Singapore last week. She gets gawked at everywhere she goes and the Thais she has tried to befriend like to show her off because of her looks (she is a former model for Ford and just finished a contract with Emirates as a FA). The farang girls don’t like her because of her beauty either. Women need peers—hot girls hang together—just like men do and the lack of companionship and sorority gets to her.

I think she will leave me soon if we do not leave ASAP.

My problem is that I have no place to go. I have a condo in the US that I rent out but since I am forced to evict my tenant, the process is taking longer than I thought to occupy it. I promised her we would leave after the summer but that is no longer true. US eviction laws are a nightmare for the property owner…maybe we will leave in two weeks maybe in three months.

I have tried tennis lessons, yoga classes, volunteer work, and modeling jobs for her but she is now borderline depressed about being here. I try to tell her that Thailand is not bad, pretty good actaully, and that there have to be some people here that she can connect with but all to no avail. She just complains about the deviants and “losers” that dominate the landscape here.

Any suggestions?

• Replies 446
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The serious question to your post is: Where in Thailand do you live? Maybe just to far from where she could find what she is looking for... so I guess you are not located in BKK itself, as there, she should not have trouble connecting to the kind of people she is looking for...

Another serious question is that if she so much despises Thailand, then you have to think about your future and whether you want to stay in Thailand over time or whether you will brake all your bonds in this country because of her...

The not so serious answer is... why the heck did you bring your GF to Thailand in first place... enough beautiful women here wink.png

• Like 1

I was exactly where you are when i was in Malaysia with my ex-wife.

She was blonde and blue eyed and she was also stared at and got whistles and comments and was very uncomfortable.

To make it worse, I travelled 80% of the time and left her alone with few friends.

She went on a 6 week holiday and never came back.

Best thing that ever happened to me.

You know which one you love more - Bangkok or her - so you know already in your heart what to do.

My bet, is that you leave Thailand and go elsewhere.

Good luck on whatever decision you make.

The serious question to your post is: Where in Thailand do you live? Maybe just to far from where she could find what she is looking for... so I guess you are not located in BKK itself, as there, she should not have trouble connecting to the kind of people she is looking for...

Another serious question is that if she so much despises Thailand, then you have to think about your future and whether you want to stay in Thailand over time or whether you will brake all your bonds in this country because of her...

The not so serious answer is... why the heck did you bring your GF to Thailand in first place... enough beautiful women here wink.png

I live in Thong Lo. I send her to all the places...true fitness, the yoga place by the Greek restaurant, Koi...adn she still does not like it.

the Thais she has tried to befriend like to show her off because of her looks ... The farang girls don’t like her because of her beauty either. Women need peers—hot girls hang together—just like men do and the lack of companionship and sorority gets to her.

Thai girls don't like here! Western girls don't like! Hmm...

Ask on in the general forum or Pattaya forum for members to facilitate a "hot girls" meeting for your gf... thumbsup.gif

Edited by Morakot

Just get her to meet the hi-so Chinese-Thai gfs of TV members. They are all hotter and richer than your gf, so they will welcome her with open arms. They meet weekly at a secret location, just ask anyone biggrin.png

We hang out in Thong Lo a lot but she cant connect with any Thai people. I think she has convinced herself that all locals are alien to her so its kinda a self-perpetuating cycle.

Just get her to meet the hi-so Chinese-Thai gfs of TV members. They are all hotter and richer than your gf, so they will welcome her with open arms. They meet weekly at a secret location, just ask anyone biggrin.png

We hang out in Thong Lo a lot but she cant connect with any Thai people. I think she has convinced herself that all locals are alien to her so its kinda a self-perpetuating cycle.

How about Thai language classes?

Edited by Morakot

Go home to the US and rent until you can evict your tenants, maybe? ..... or try not to be so apparently obsessed with appearance (ref your comments to "hot" people.... models etc) and look more for a person's inner qualities?

Sorry, this may sound harsh, but your post makes you both sound self-obsessed and shallow, IMHO. coffee1.gif

It's not that easy: pay on three places at once...i cant afford it...we both dont like it here but if it saves me 3000 USD per month I will stay here until my tenet is evicted.

i am seeking real strategies to cope with this..not comments on my shallowness or whatever...the girl started crying today when we were in Emporium having a Cinabun.

I have asked her to volunteer but she has not done it.

How about Thai language classes?

Thanks. She tried it but stopped going.

I think its something else combined with LOS...but i can only deal with what i have the power to change.

I was exactly where you are when i was in Malaysia with my ex-wife.

She was blonde and blue eyed and she was also stared at and got whistles and comments and was very uncomfortable.

To make it worse, I travelled 80% of the time and left her alone with few friends.

She went on a 6 week holiday and never came back.

Best thing that ever happened to me.

You know which one you love more - Bangkok or her - so you know already in your heart what to do.

My bet, is that you leave Thailand and go elsewhere.

Good luck on whatever decision you make.

Analogous situations I think. Women seem to be less inclined to the expat lifestyle than men.

That being said, so what if men look. the men here are polite and not rude like in the US. I told her to smile back. Thais are not threatening or nasty.

• Like 1

I had a similar problem, but I just got another girlfriend, a really hot rich red-headed model girlfriend to buy us a big beach house keep my really hot blond airline pilot girlfriend company. Now they can go out and have fun together playing topless volleyball on the beach in the front yard and whatnot while I'm out doing my rich fortune 500 CEO thing. Why not try that?

Or if you're a one-woman guy and all in love and what not you could rent an apartment in the US. But for me, two really hot rich girlfriends is twice as good as one!

• Like 2

I had a similar problem, but I just got another girlfriend, a really hot rich red-headed model girlfriend to buy us a big beach house keep my really hot blond airline pilot girlfriend company. Now they can go out and have fun together playing topless volleyball on the beach in the front yard and whatnot while I'm out doing my rich fortune 500 CEO thing. Why not try that?

Or if you're a one-woman guy and all in love and what not you could rent an apartment in the US. But for me, two really hot rich girlfriends is twice as good as one!

I think you are trying to be funny.

Thanks for your advice

Go home to the US and rent until you can evict your tenants, maybe? ..... or try not to be so apparently obsessed with appearance (ref your comments to "hot" people.... models etc) and look more for a person's inner qualities?

Sorry, this may sound harsh, but your post makes you both sound self-obsessed and shallow, IMHO. coffee1.gif

It's not that easy: pay on three places at once...i cant afford it...we both dont like it here but if it saves me 3000 USD per month I will stay here until my tenet is evicted.

Bit of a contradiction, isn't it?

• Like 1

No, I mean that staying here saves me money. I am already eating one mortgage on accord of a deadbeat tenet (825 per month plus 281 HOA Fees) and I have a mortgage payable owner arrangement here for 25,000 baht per month (800 bucks) if I get a place in the US--which is not easy to do short term--it will cost about $1300 per month, plus deposit, plus furnishing, plus another 400-700 a month in utilities, plus car + car insurance...nope, I cant afford it.

it's only money but it's my money i cant waste funds like that.

Well you’ve made it clear your saving a few dollars a month is much more important than her happiness so what do you expect? You claim you’re saving $3K a month living here, but need time to evict your tenant because you can’t afford to maintain a second place. Why is that? You could easily rent an apartment for what you are collecting in rent from your condo in the US yes? The rent from the condo will stop once you complete the eviction anyway, so what’s the big deal? It makes no sence.

If I had a girlfriend who hated it here, and assuming I gave s sh*t about her I would move. But apparently you either do not want to move or you’re not very bright, or you’re blowing smoke up our asses.

• Like 1

No, I mean that staying here saves me money. I am already eating one mortgage on accord of a deadbeat tenet (825 per month plus 281 HOA Fees) and I have a mortgage payable owner arrangement here for 25,000 baht per month (800 bucks) if I get a place in the US--which is not easy to do short term--it will cost about $1300 per month, plus deposit, plus furnishing, plus another 400-700 a month in utilities, plus car + car insurance...nope, I cant afford it.

it's only money but it's my money i cant waste funds like that.

Hmm, 400 to 700 a month in utilities? Are you running a meth lab? Where in the US are you planning to move to? Don’t you have to buy furniture and a car and insurance anyway when you get there anyway?

Well you’ve made it clear your saving a few dollars a month is much more important than her happiness so what do you expect? You claim you’re saving $3K a month living here, but need time to evict your tenant because you can’t afford to maintain a second place. Why is that? You could easily rent an apartment for what you are collecting in rent from your condo in the US yes? The rent from the condo will stop once you complete the eviction anyway, so what’s the big deal? It makes no sence.

If I had a girlfriend who hated it here, and assuming I gave s sh*t about her I would move. But apparently you either do not want to move or you’re not very bright, or you’re blowing smoke up our asses.

Please stop trying to go through my posts and pick out (faux) inconsistencies. It is irrelevant and more important inaccurate.

My tenet has not paid me in 7 months (so i am forced to pay the mortgage and the hoa fees myself), if I depart Thailand I will stay pay the mortgage since I am only about 17 grand from owning the place in Thong Lo. I dont want to lose that investment. Thus I am locked into paying the mortgage here and the mortgage on the place back home.

A few bucks,,thsish...can you afford to maintain three residences?

What don't you understand?

Please, if you have no constructive advice...

Edited by Aurelllian

Hmm, 400 to 700 a month in utilities? Are you running a meth lab? Where in the US are you planning to move to? Don’t you have to buy furniture and a car and insurance anyway when you get there anyway?

" Average cost of utilities in Henderson/Las Vegas?

I was in a forum about Henderson and someone in there said they pay an average of $600/month for electricity, gas and water for a single story home?!?!?! Is this true?

My husband and I have been looking at the Las Vegas area as a place to possibly re-locate to, but even if housing is affordable there right now, there is no way we could afford to pay that much just for utilities .

http://www.city-data.com/forum/las-vegas/1301946-average-cost-utilities-henderson-las-vegas.html

Good news/bad news..

Bad news, sounds like the GF is a goner. You're working too hard...

Ever seen the T-shirt with "No matter how beautiful she is, somebody is tired of putting up with her s_it!" ? tongue.png

Good news, you're well placed for an easy replacement! Just start doing all the things you wanted her to do. You'll meet some fine women for sure. smile.png