Things To Mitigate Dissatisfaction In Thailand For Gf

Aurelllian

ok, gotta run, heading to the meet now to prove my bonafides...

About which, only you care.

Yep, unfair leaving us for what will be worth nothing for us while we enjoy picking on him..

I will be back my flock. I shall return.

Code red, initiate operation "takedown" operative in place at Sushi bar "terminate Aurelllion"cheesy.gif

Edited by travelmann

• Replies 446
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Aaaaw... that's mean. Let him have his sherbert in peace. As much as the guy is a self-obsessed, insecure, shallow and annoying twerp, it is kind of boring without him.

Theres no evil laugh icon w00t.gif , it was all part of the plan, he got suckered right into it.

Aye, I can't believe that I have continued to read through this whole thread! tongue.png It seems that there was good advice, but after about page 4, this forum thread derailed.

In any case, I think that the summary of advice is to leave Bangkok. It is not going to work here. I honestly think that your girlfriends looks are not the issue. If she was pretty, ugly, or somewhere between those two, she would not be happy here. I mentioned earlier - sometimes, expat people and other cultures/countries just do not make a good match. That is the case here.

People have offered suggestions on where to get your girlfriend more involved in the city here. You said you tried that and it did not work. So, why would you want to stay in a place that is causing her to be unhappy (and causing you to be unhappy also)?

As you do not have any ties here (other than your condo), you should start to make plans to leave. Sell your condominium here in BKK, make less phone calls to your tax attorney and use that money saved to rent a apartment/house in Las Vegas until you can get back your other condo. Based on everything you have said, there is no benefit to staying here in BKK.

Nice to see the thread has livened up a bit. It had become really quite boring. It is more entertaining again. Will follow the next events from the script writer.

I still think the whole thing would improve a lot if he brought in hi-so Thai-Chinese super-rich, super-hot girls, but that's just me whistling.gif

Aye, I can't believe that I have continued to read through this whole thread! tongue.png It seems that there was good advice, but after about page 4, this forum thread derailed.

In any case, I think that the summary of advice is to leave Bangkok. It is not going to work here. I honestly think that your girlfriends looks are not the issue. If she was pretty, ugly, or somewhere between those two, she would not be happy here. I mentioned earlier - sometimes, expat people and other cultures/countries just do not make a good match. That is the case here.

People have offered suggestions on where to get your girlfriend more involved in the city here. You said you tried that and it did not work. So, why would you want to stay in a place that is causing her to be unhappy (and causing you to be unhappy also)?

As you do not have any ties here (other than your condo), you should start to make plans to leave. Sell your condominium here in BKK, make less phone calls to your tax attorney and use that money saved to rent a apartment/house in Las Vegas until you can get back your other condo. Based on everything you have said, there is no benefit to staying here in BKK.

I don't think many of us took him seriously. I thought he only wanted to brag and tell everyone else they were below him having Asian women and so on......

Nice to see the thread has livened up a bit. It had become really quite boring. It is more entertaining again. Will follow the next events from the script writer.

The next installment may take some time... After all his posting, his gf probably has him in handcuffs right now.......... but only to stop him spending more time with his "flock" in TV, of course! whistling.gif

No doubt this character will bounce back soon

It's funny how some people assume anyone dating a hot girl must be lying. LOL

Few points for the OP:

1. There are actually people in Asia (including Thailand) who could make good friends for her, usually people in the arts / fashion / design field. Very open-minded, great English, fun, party-minded but not wannabes, and probably sharing similar interests/experiences, and used to hot girls too so they wouldn't gawk. They are out there.

Of course, if she has decided she just doesn't want to talk to locals, then that doesn't work. But if she doesn't want to talk to this type, or any locals, and doesn't like younger foreign models either, and presumably would be bored talking to housewives as well, then it's unsolvable. There is nobody left. She/you are asking for the impossible.

2. Another option would be to live in the islands or at least take regular trips there until you can go back to the US. If you go every weekend or every fortnight to Samui or Krabi or whatever, wouldn't that be more fun for her?

3. A final option would be to feed her some natural "happy mood" supplements. You would be surprised at the effect some simple amino acids can have in relaxing a person and putting a smile on his/her face.

4. Now more generally speaking, on the topic of game and keeping a high caliber woman. This is something I know quite a bit about. I've dated very hot women in highly exposed professions (models, club PRs, dancers, singers) where they went out all the time and got hit on all the time, usually without me being there to stop it. I've never showered any of them with gifts or even travel and cocktails like you do. I've barely ever paid anything except my own share and didn't offer them a luxurious lifestyle. I've given them pretty much nothing except lots of laughs, good sex and love. And they stayed with me for years even though they had offers for cars, apartments and exotic travel from other guys (this is Asia, trust me rich local guys aren't shy about very direct indecent proposals).

Maybe what you need to work on is your game, you obviously have enough to get them, but you also should have enough to keep them, even without any spending. Absolutely doable unless they are only with you for your money, in which case, cut them loose.

5. Now a question of my own: why do you personally not like it here? Just curious.

I'm waiting for the "bonafides" which should be entertaining.

How was he purporting to do this? Another Thaivisa member was going to meet him, enjoy sushi and single malt at his expense, and then come on here and sing a bunch of praise on his behalf about how wonderful he is and how beautiful his girlfriend is?

I'm wondering who the TV member is that he suckered into this.

It's funny how some people assume anyone dating a hot girl must be lying. LOL

Few points for the OP:

1. There are actually people in Asia (including Thailand) who could make good friends for her, usually people in the arts / fashion / design field. Very open-minded, great English, fun, party-minded but not wannabes, and probably sharing similar interests/experiences, and used to hot girls too so they wouldn't gawk. They are out there.

Of course, if she has decided she just doesn't want to talk to locals, then that doesn't work. But if she doesn't want to talk to this type, or any locals, and doesn't like younger foreign models either, and presumably would be bored talking to housewives as well, then it's unsolvable. There is nobody left. She/you are asking for the impossible.

2. Another option would be to live in the islands or at least take regular trips there until you can go back to the US. If you go every weekend or every fortnight to Samui or Krabi or whatever, wouldn't that be more fun for her?

3. A final option would be to feed her some natural "happy mood" supplements. You would be surprised at the effect some simple amino acids can have in relaxing a person and putting a smile on his/her face.

4. Now more generally speaking, on the topic of game and keeping a high caliber woman. This is something I know quite a bit about. I've dated very hot women in highly exposed professions (models, club PRs, dancers, singers) where they went out all the time and got hit on all the time, usually without me being there to stop it. I've never showered any of them with gifts or even travel and cocktails like you do. I've barely ever paid anything except my own share and didn't offer them a luxurious lifestyle. I've given them pretty much nothing except lots of laughs, good sex and love. And they stayed with me for years even though they had offers for cars, apartments and exotic travel from other guys (this is Asia, trust me rich local guys aren't shy about very direct indecent proposals).

Maybe what you need to work on is your game, you obviously have enough to get them, but you also should have enough to keep them, even without any spending. Absolutely doable unless they are only with you for your money, in which case, cut them loose.

5. Now a question of my own: why do you personally not like it here? Just curious.

ohohohoho. I'm sure someone will beat me to it before I finish typing, so I won't even try, but so tempting :D

• Like 1

I'm waiting for the "bonafides" which should be entertaining.

How was he purporting to do this? Another Thaivisa member was going to meet him, enjoy sushi and single malt at his expense, and then come on here and sing a bunch of praise on his behalf about how wonderful he is and how beautiful his girlfriend is?

I'm wondering who the TV member is that he suckered into this.

A reference from someone he has wined and dined, in order to scotch the pi$$taking? Sounds fishy to me.

Coincidentally, there's another thread running at the moment about where people have seen corruption and bribery....... wink.png

A reference from someone he has wined and dined, in order to scotch the pi$$taking? Sounds fishy to me.

He said it - a few posts above, and there was more in earlier posts.

So- leaves me wondering which member would agree to be his friend for an evening in exchange for remuneration. Corruption and bribery maybe, but it sounds more like another activity that is technically illegal in Thailand but is widely available / accepted, and typically provided by a female.

Edit to add the first post on the subject:

I have a taker.!!!

An established poster has tentatively agreed to meet me at Koi for sushi and report back on the following: (1) Is my girl Victoria secrets model quality? the prettiest farang one will see for days at a time here. A true head turner. (2) Am I an Ivy League educated former diplomat? (3) Am I a 3% er.

I am sure someone will add is this guy (me) an idiot? Well, he can answer that too:)

Just who is this "established poster" ??

Edited by bino

He said it - a few posts above, and there was more in earlier posts.

So- leaves me wondering which member would agree to be his friend for an evening in exchange for remuneration. Corruption and bribery maybe, but it sounds more like another activity that is technically illegal in Thailand but is widely available / accepted, and typically provided by a female.

Edit to add the first post on the subject:

I have a taker.!!!

An established poster has tentatively agreed to meet me at Koi for sushi and report back on the following: (1) Is my girl Victoria secrets model quality? the prettiest farang one will see for days at a time here. A true head turner. (2) Am I an Ivy League educated former diplomat? (3) Am I a 3% er.

I am sure someone will add is this guy (me) an idiot? Well, he can answer that too:)

Just who is this "established poster" ??

This thread is just so funny.

Presumably in order to prove his GF's 'model quality', he will be bringing her along to the rendezvous too. Can you imagine the conversation he had with her earlier today?

"Come on, honey, let's go out and meet someone I met yesterday on an internet forum so that I can prove to them that you're fit and I'm an ivy league former diplomat and also a 3%er"

The degree of boredom required to undertake such a meeting is, however, in line with his formidable Xbox games collection - the guy obviously has a lot of time on his hands. But I won't have a go at him, in fact, I quite like the guy. The world would be a duller place without such characters.

I'd be quite impressed, though, if the mysterious poster who is scheduled to meet them doesn't turn out to be a 'no-show'.

Edited by 15Peter20

If your in love you don't usually need third parties to keep you occupied or happy, especially in an exotic country like Thailand. In fact, it's usually exactly the opposite.

Is this a romantic relationship, or more of a coupling for convenience and show off?

This sounds like a relationship issue where she needs other people around and/or she is trying to fill some unmet needs.

Presumably in order to prove his GF's 'model quality', he will be bringing her along to the rendezvous too. Can you imagine the conversation he had with her earlier today?

"Come on, honey, let's go out and meet someone I met yesterday on an internet forum so that I can prove to them that you're fit, I'm an ivy league former diplomat and also a 3%er"

The degree of boredom required to undertake such a meeting is, however, in line with his formidable Xbox games collection - the guy obviously has a lot of time on his hands. But I won't have a go at him, in fact, I quite like the guy. The world would be a duller place without such characters.

I'd be quite impressed, though, if the mysterious poster who is scheduled to meet them doesn't turn out to be a 'no-show'.

I agree....I started out irritated by his narcissistic ways, but respect him for the way he's come back on every point thrown at him. He's a great entertainer.... and either a first class troll, or he's a guy in serious need of some help!!!

Alright she's hot (assuming she's not a shemale);

NOW do you understand? You are thai, you know dam_n well how a 6'2 blonde girl in heels with D cups is perceived here. This is not LA or Vegas.

You are quite right. I completely understand the situation. Whenever I see a 5'10" Blonde (or 6'4" in high heels) with D cups walking the streets of Bangkok I think to myself, "Submaniac, this is not a girl."

Nevertheless you should still move out of the shoebox, cheapskate.

wai.gif

"Come on, honey, let's go out and meet someone I met yesterday on an internet forum so that I can prove to them that you're fit, I'm an ivy league former diplomat and also a 3%er"

I agree....I started out irritated by his narcissistic ways, but respect him for the way he's come back on every point thrown at him. He's a great entertainer.... and either a first class troll, or he's a guy in serious need of some help!!!

I don't think he's a troll or needs some sort of help.

His description of his girlfriend (tier 1) and his apparent awareness of his place in the pecking order of life (according to him well off, but not really really rich) appeals to my Nietzschean side. Saying how much he owns (including the GF) appears nothing more than a bit naive compared to the modesty of most, but those insulting him for doing so are reflecting as much on their own character as his. What he divulges about himself is his business, what others think of it is purely theirs.

I quite like people like this not because they offer something to aim for or to admire, but because for better or worse they don't mind giving up info about themselves. They believe in themselves no matter what, and it could as likely get them into trouble as make them successful in their careers and materially rich.

So when I say I like the guy, I mean it in the same way as I like quantum physics, buddhism and the way clouds form in the sky - they are all fascinating. Those who like that which fascinates them will know what I mean.

His posts not only show that he realizes what he's got, but what he hasn't. Maybe the only thing to bear in mind for people like that is the proximity of 'Tier 1' to 'Tier 0'.

Alright she's hot (assuming she's not a shemale); alright looks like she's in BKK based upon the photo. My thoughts? The surroundings look like a dump. Perhaps if you got a better apartment or whatnot she would be happy.

NOW do you understand? You are thai, you know dam_n well how a 6'2 blonde girl in heels with D cups is perceived here. This is not LA or Vegas.

Seriously, who the hell can she hang with...Natalie Glebova? She gets treated like an alien...yes, like a firiggin alien from outer space.

And the funny thing is she is even more insecure than I am.

She seems to have grown by several inches from the start of your 'story'. Seriously get a grip and man up, and i doubt very much she is as insecure as you with your constant need to state how great you are.

Cracking thread though clap2.gif

DUDE, I WAS REFERRING TO DIFFERENT WOMEN...all my girls are blonde ex model types....you are not cleared to land

and 5.9, 5.10, 5.7 is there really a difference?

Women will really notice a 3" differance blink.png

Up to you as they say but

personally what I did back when I was dating

Angelina Jolie is I told her if she does not like Thailand then

take a hike.

She did & ended up with that nice fellow Brad.

Now he has to suffer the complaining

Life is too short I say

Up to you as they say but

personally what I did back when I was dating

Angelina Jolie is I told her if she does not like Thailand then

take a hike.

She did & ended up with that nice fellow Brad.

Now he has to suffer the complaining

Life is too short I say

Mate - all you had to do was shift 400 miles to Cambodia and she would have been sweet. She loves the place.

I had the same problem with Scarlett Johanseen the other week. Bugger of an issue to sort out.

• Like 2

lol, I knew you old farts would say its either a doctored image or that of a lady boy...lol...

I don't think it is doctored at all. smile.png

Manufactured might be the appropriate term. The mold maker must have spent days working with the modeler to be able to come up with that replica.

I had a friend his name was Bill. He was into it with a little chippie we'll call her M. I told him, come to Thailand, dude. If she don't like it too bad.

Bill also had a wife who was well connected it you know what I mean. Well to make a long story short Bill didn't take my advice and the chippie told the world. Bill almost lost his job!

And they never forget. It's been 20 years and now she is coming out with a new book about kinky Bill. Some guys never learn.

Mate - all you had to do was shift 400 miles to Cambodia and she would have been sweet. She loves the place.

I had the same problem with Scarlett Johanseen the other week. Bugger of an issue to sort out.

Your telling me!

She was always on about how Amok Trey was better than Thai Kaeng drove me nuts.

Good luck with Scarlett ;)

• Like 1

Your telling me!

She was always on about how Amok Trey was better than Thai Kaeng drove me nuts.

Good luck with Scarlett wink.png

Women. Can never win.

Between you and me, Scarlett is lousy between the sheets, so not worth the effort.

• Like 1