Nokia Lumia Fans

LawrenceChee

Anyone has the new Nokia Lumia 800 & 900 series and can give a review ?

I have been playing with it at airport plaza and really tempted to drop the money for one as the top range is 15900 baht now

I move around Asia a lot (80% travel daily) and have been relying on my bb and iPod touch for wifi, business , entertainment etc but the Nokia unit has impressed me

Does that Nokia library actually allow u to download music for free ?

Appreciate any users actual feedback

Win Phone 7.5 will be upgraded to Win Phone 7.8. The main difference is the ability to have different sized tiles, so you can customise your default phone "desktop" (for want of a better word) more.

As for WP8 they're revealed some of the functions as in the paragraph below, but word is that they are holding stuff back for the big announcement.

Microsoft provided us with a good look at Windows Phone 8 earlier this year, but today the company is showing off some new features coming to the platform during Nokia's bigLumia 920 announcement. One of the new features is the ability to capture screenshots, something us device reviewers have been wanting in the Windows Phone platform for some time. It had been rumored earlier this year that screenshot capabilities were coming with Windows Phone 8, but this is the first official mention of the feature by Microsoft.

Additionally, Microsoft showed off a revamped camera app with new pinch-to-zoom features, "lens applications" for instant effects, and a built-in panoramic setting using Microsoft's PhotoSynth technology. The camera app also features a burst mode that will lt users choose the best picture from a series of snaps. We can be sure that Nokia will take full advantage of these new camera features in the Lumia 920 and its PureView camera technology.

Microsoft demonstrated several different lens applications — many from third parties — but one of the most impressive was Smart Shoot, which can analyze moving objects and allow you to tap and remove them. Think of taking a photo of a famous monument with tourists swarming around — you can just tap to remove everything other than the monument. The second lens that got lots of attention is called Cinemagraph, which allows you to create partial animated images just like Cinemagram.

Thanks that is great info I will wait and hope they don't jack the price up between Samsung at 21k and apple5 probably in 40k there is pent up demand for a sexy product in between ..hopefully Nokia delivers

It's not just Nokia, you will see Windows phones from other vendors as well, HTC, Samsung and Huawei are the ones I know about.

HTC reveals new 8X and 8S Windows Phone 8 mobiles

Posted September 20, 2012 by Stuff Staff in News

htc-one-x-1.jpg

The names may evoke the One X and One S, but HTC’s new Windows 8 phones are stylistically very different from the company’s existing Android range. HTC unveiled the two handsets at an event in New York today, promising a November release for both.

Top of the range is the HTC 8X. Clad in a polycarbonate shell (with no access to the battery – like we say, different from HTC’s Android range), its specs put it up there with other high-end smartphones: a 4.3-inch 1280 x 720 Super LCD screen; 1.5GHz dual-core processor; 1GB of RAM; 16GB of storage; NFC; and front and rear cameras, the latter of which is 8MP.

htc-one-s-1.jpg

The 8S, in comparison, looks a little underwhelming on paper; despite the name, it’s not the One S to the 8X’s One X – it’s more akin to the cheaper One V, perhaps. The body is plastic (again, the battery is encased and unswappable) and the screen is a 4-inch WVGA number – although it does rock Gorilla Glass for added toughness. The CPU is a dual-core 1GHz, backed up with 512MB of RAM. You get a 5MP camera with 720p HD video, but there’s no front facing camera and a mere 4GB of built-in storage; you’ll be able to boost that by up to 32GB thanks to the microSD slot, however.

Both models, unsurprisingly, offer Beats Audio technology. Bassheads, rejoice.

As we say, the HTC 8X and 8S will be on sale in November.