Warranty Transfer With New Ownership?

Beardog

I just bought a 2011 Kawasaki 650 ER6N & it had a warranty left on it sold in oct19th 2011 . I had my 1000 kilo service & Kawi told me the warranty is void upon transfer of owners. I see a lot of bikes advertised with remaing warranties.Is this customary in Thailand or is Kawasaki blowing smoke up my ass.

Thanks for the feedback!

Barry

Thats what I figured I think the minimum would be a 2 year warranty expiring in 0ct.19th 2013. I never heard of a warrant expiring unless it states that in writing when the contract was signed. So far I have not found anything in Kawis stipulations on the web.

• 2 weeks later...

I've always wondered about transfer of remaining warranties.

Did the dealer tell you this or Kawasaki in Thailand?

I bought a used 2010 Honda CBR 150 and time wise, the warranty would expire on Jan 27 2013. There are pages in the service book for warranty transfer- if that means any thing.

TIT :)

I've always wondered about transfer of remaining warranties.

Did the dealer tell you this or Kawasaki in Thailand?

I bought a used 2010 Honda CBR 150 and time wise, the warranty would expire on Jan 27 2013. There are pages in the service book for warranty transfer- if that means any thing.

TIT smile.png

Kawasaki dealership in Pattaya was the business that said no transfer of warranty with new owner. Sounds fishy. Every one of the bikes I bought new here in Thailand was 100% transferable & warranty was not over till the date of expiry.

But this being Thailand I could believe that they would try to snake out of agreements. Only in Thailand you buy a tool with a 2 year warranty & they give you 6 months.

Not to be negative but the guy you talked to at the Kawasaki dealer was probably just being lazy and the easiest response is "can not!"

If I were the new owner, I'd take it up with Kawasaki Thailand or even the corporate office.

Most likely a moot point since japanese bikes are good quality and having a major warranty issue is unlikely.

Still, I hear you about them blowing you off.

TIT, the good and the bad...

Not to be negative but the guy you talked to at the Kawasaki dealer was probably just being lazy and the easiest response is "can not!"

If I were the new owner, I'd take it up with Kawasaki Thailand or even the corporate office.

Most likely a moot point since japanese bikes are good quality and having a major warranty issue is unlikely.

Still, I hear you about them blowing you off.

TIT, the good and the bad...

That was my next step. I figured they would no better than the salesman at Kawasaki. If the warranty was written in English I could tell . The U.S. warranty is transferable but this is Thailand!