Blood Glucose / Diabetes Monitor

indothai

Hi all,

I'm in need of getting the test strips for the OneTouch Ultra in Bangkok for cheap (reasonable price). Can anyone shoot out places with numbers in Bangkok that I can get?

I'm also wondering if anyone has any experiences with these monitors, it's for my dad and he already has the OneTouch Ultra.

Any advice greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

I found that the One Touch Ultra were kind of hard to find. I switched to the AccuChek (sp?) more widely available. Check the obvious Boots/Watsons for supplies. The small chemists on Rama 4 between Silom and Suriswong are the cheapest in that area.

EasyGluco is the best priced glucometer here with the cheapest strips. If you use a lot of strips as I do, then the ongoing costs are major and a small difference in strip price can make a big difference over the months.

50 strips = 770 baht at Fascino with a 5% discount card.

Thanks all for the replies! My wife found a place near Sirirat hospital that sells a pack of 25 strips for around 400 baht. It's such a pain to get there though, but thanks for the places mentioned around Rama 4, Silom, and Suriwong! Will search those places for the strips.

Be aware there are fake testing strips sold. In my case it was the strips OP is looking for and only strange readings and then search of serial number on internet found listed as fake. Drug store had to order so likely they were duped also.

Thanks for the heads up!

Be aware there are fake testing strips sold. In my case it was the strips OP is looking for and only strange readings and then search of serial number on internet found listed as fake. Drug store had to order so likely they were duped also.