Yingluck Mum On Pheu Thai Mps, Red Shirt Protest Against Truth For Reconciliation Report

webfact

PM mum on Pheu Thai MPs’, Red Shirt protest against Truth for Reconciliation Report

image_20120921091002E696BE1F-930F-C064-775805484D2F82C3.jpg

BANGKOK, Sept 21 – Prime Minister Yingluck Shinawatra refused to comment on some Red Shirts’ dissatisfaction with the recent report of the Truth for Reconciliation Commission (TRC) which concluded that members of the United Front for Democracy against Dictatorship (UDD) was partly to blame for the March-May 2010 violence in Bangkok in which 92 people died.

The TRC also blamed the then government, under the premiership of Abhisit Vejjajiva, for the political violence.

The independent commission, disclosing a series of events leading to the upheaval, stated that men wearing black clothing were in part involved in instigating the violence and burning of government offices in Bangkok and other provinces. Red Shirt activists and UDD members were allies in the violence.

Some Pheu Thai party MPs joined the Red Shirt activists in protesting the TRC report.

The premier said further discussion on the report is needed, so the government has assigned a committee to study the document for further action.

She said Pheu Thai MPs have the right to express their political opinions but legal procedures remain in place.

“I’d not say if the TRC’s report is acceptable or not. I’m willing to do anything that is acceptable by all parties for the country’s peace and happiness. The best way is to let the committee work on it first,” she said. (MCOT online news)

tnalogo.jpg

-- TNA 2012-09-21

“I’d not say if the TRC’s report is acceptable or not. I’m willing to do anything that is acceptable by all parties for the country’s peace and happiness. The best way is to let the committee work on it first,” she said. (MCOT online news)"

Good to see that the beloved PM has an opinion and is taking a stand...coffee1.gif

Edited by Nickymaster

"The premier said further discussion on the report is needed, so the government has assigned a committee to study the document for further action."

And that is committee nr: uuuhhh 187 or so saai.gif

I saw the name of that committee the other day. I'd put it here but the mods would complain about "fair use" since the name is so long.

Quite statesmanlike to make a diplomatic and reasonable statement on what is clearly a very contentious issue.

Gives her some political leeway.

Clever.

"No comment" is not a statement.

“I’d not say if the TRC’s report is acceptable or not. I’m willing to do anything that is acceptable by all parties for the country’s peace and happiness. The best way is to let the committee work on it first,” she said. (MCOT online news)

Looks a bit different from "no comment", does it not ??

• Like 2

That seems to be a lot different to what she's actually doing.

Quite statesmanlike to make a diplomatic and reasonable statement on what is clearly a very contentious issue.

Clever.

"No comment" is not a statement.

I'd not say if there is a difference or if there is not... :rolleyes:

It would be interesting to publish just how many active committees are currently operating, who sits on them & what stipend along with expenses is being paid. I am sure there is a huge waste of public funds on these committees that never seem to produce anything of substance except to perhaps whitewash or lay blame elsewhere.

It would be interesting to publish just how many active committees are currently operating, who sits on them & what stipend along with expenses is being paid. I am sure there is a huge waste of public funds on these committees that never seem to produce anything of substance except to perhaps whitewash or lay blame elsewhere.

The constant creation of more committees must be quite a chore for the PM and her government. I suggest she immediately set up a committe on the creation of committees.

This committee could be tasked not only to recommend and initiate committees on demand, but should proactively create an inventory of committees at the disposal of the PM. This would make the process of dodging actual decisions by the PM much more efficient.

With the current system there is way too much time wasted on finding yet another set of cronies in need of a no-show job, before new commitees can launch their inactivities.

“I’d not say if the TRC’s report is acceptable or not. I’m willing to do anything that is acceptable by all parties for the country’s peace and happiness. The best way is to let the committee work on it first,” she said. (MCOT online news)"

Good to see that the beloved PM has an opinion and is taking a stand...coffee1.gif

I see nothing...NOTHING! I know nothing......NOTHING! 31MRscQCCGL._SL500_AA300_.jpgimage_20120921091002E696BE1F-930F-C064-775805484D2F82C3.jpg I see nothing.....NOTHING! I know nothing.....NOTHING!

Edited by Pimay1
  • Like 1

PM mum on Pheu Thai MPs’, Red Shirt protest against Truth for Reconciliation Report

"keeping "mum" " my eye,.... like all other reports, critical meetings and sessions of parliament,.. she doesn't have a clue and remains totally disinterested!

Similar to her not having read the reconciliation bill while her government was trying to push it through Parliament... has she even read the TRCT report?

Reading the headline, I though Pojamarn had made a public statement about the issue.

Isn't Pojamarn (sp?) her ex-sister in law, not her mum?

Her mum in the figurative sense....

Thaksin Shinawatra, on the subject of Yingluck Shinawatra...

" I raised her like my eldest daughter. "

Yingluck Shinawatra, on the subject of Thaksin Shinawatra...

She described Thaksin as her “second father”

- Bloomberg News

http://www.businessw...-investors.html

Clever.

Clever my ass.

Self survival a comment ether way would alienate her from a large group of people. Especially if she agreed with the part that says the red shirts had a part in it.

Cowardly would be a better word.

A Commission to further study the document. What she really meant was to find loop holes and ways to discredit the red shirt and PT part in it..

• Like 1

Reading the headline, I though Pojamarn had made a public statement about the issue.

Isn't Pojamarn (sp?) her ex-sister in law, not her mum?

Whoops yes. And there I was confusing it with a real dynastic set up. lol. Badly written headline though in the threads. Who knows, maybe she wants a job in government, every other Shinawatra seems to have one.

Yingluck M(m)um

• Like 1

It's typical of her. When there's something important or controversial, she either disapears somewhere to avoid the question or not to say anything.

Usless.

That's not true.

Her helicopter is not outfitted to fly at night. Even though she knows she has to fly at night to get to a cabinet meeting discussing white washing her brother.

Not that she was needed to be there. Her brother was on the pone with the cabinet giving them their instructions.

• Like 1

Clever.

I hope you're right although I have a feeling this might be just a way to avoid making a comment that will upset anyone.

I think she has a problem in that if she accepts most of the findings of the report she will anger those of her supporters who just want to blame the previous government. I wonder how much notice her party really takes of anything she says as she seems to be sidelined a lot of the time. Part of that is because so much revolves around her brother and so she needs to avoid being seen to be close due to a conflict of interest.