Pattaya Tourist Police Arrest Danish Motorbike Theft Suspect

Rimmer

Pattaya Tourist Police arrest Danish Motorbike theft suspect

norway-6.jpg

PATTAYA:--On Thursday Night, Pattaya’s Tourist Police arrested a Danish National in Pattaya accused of stealing a rented motorbike from Phuket and demanding money from its rightful owner to secure its safe return.

Police Lieutenant Colonel Arun, the Inspector-in-Charge of the station received information from his counterpart in Phuket that an arrest warrant had been issued for Mr. Dennis Mark Knudsen aged 24.

Information received by the Phuket Investigators suggested the man was hiding somewhere in Pattaya.

The warrant stated that on 1st June 2012 Mr. Knudsen is alleged to have rented a motorbike from a shop in Kathu District in Phuket province and failed to return the vehicle in accordance with the rental agreement. When the owner of the bike contacted Mr. Knudsen he is alleged to have demanded money otherwise the bike would not be returned.

The case was reported to Kathu Police Station on 27th August and arrest warrant number 432/2555 was issued on the same day by Phuket Provincial Court. The arrest of Mr. Knudsen was made at an unspecified apartment in Pattaya on Thursday Night

Full story:http://www.pattayaon...-theft-suspect/

pattaya-one.jpg

-- Pattaya One 2012-09-21

[newsfooter][/newsfooter]

I find it great the guy is caught, but i am amazed how they have done it. I would not have expected the police to bother with something like this let alone catch him a couple of 1000 kms away.

I bet is has something to do with pride. You can't have a falang rip off Thais, now can you?

As with so many news stories in Thailand this story doesn't make sense as reported. Why would this guy demand money to return a rented bike? Surely there's more to the story. coffee1.gif

When farangs that come to Thailand for holidays etc. get low on money they have been known to do many stupid things. I mean the guy knew they had his passport copy so he is NOT a brain scientist obviously.

Good one BiB !!!!!!

PS: Also many farangs own these businesses with their Thai partners and have invested a lot of money then some slug comes along and rips them off and demands ransom?

As with so many news stories in Thailand this story doesn't make sense as reported. Why would this guy demand money to return a rented bike? Surely there's more to the story. coffee1.gif

When farangs that come to Thailand for holidays etc. get low on money they have been known to do many stupid things. I mean the guy knew they had his passport copy so he is NOT a brain scientist obviously.

Good one BiB !!!!!!

PS: Also many farangs own these businesses with their Thai partners and have invested a lot of money then some slug comes along and rips them off and demands ransom?

Long ride on a scooter...No way was he not going to get busted...not the smartest move.

All for a maximum of 45,000 baht! What a way to enjoy a holiday!!!

I, can nowhere read, that the Motorbike was a small scooter. It can also be a 600.000 Baht Sport bike with 1.000cc

As the Dane asked for money, to give the Motorbike back safe, I would think, it is a an expensive Big Motorbike.

Also, much more convinient to drive Patong - Pattaya with a BIg Motorbike,wink.png if he made that trip himself, what I am thinking, he did.whistling.gif