Russian Resident Goes Berserk At His Jomtien Apartment

Rimmer

Seems key element that has been mostly overlooked is that his Thai gf left him 2 days earlier. He is still young, perhaps unfamiliar with how it works here. The old "lose your turn, not your girlfriend" stuff. Heck, maybe he wasn't "taking care" of her enough (maybe??). Follow the money trail.

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

31 years old and living in Pattaya,he has retired early,unless he is doing something illegal here. the police need to check guys under 40 who live here,they are the undesireables in the main,selling drugs etc

Pure nonsense ! Jealous that you had to work until it was too late to enjoy life ? Many of us never needed to work and could retire since we were born.

Life is unfair :P

Any reason they capitalized the word resident in the headline?

In American English headlines, this word would not normally be capitalized.

So when i saw the capital letter, by brain automatically read:

Russian President goes berserk at his Jomtien apartment

The posting header is automatically capitalized it is a function of the software, I have no idea about the original text from P1

Any reason they capitalized the word resident in the headline?

In American English headlines, this word would not normally be capitalized.

So when i saw the capital letter, by brain automatically read:

Russian President goes berserk at his Jomtien apartment

No classes today ?...whistling.gif

@ robblok

Sorry but l don't know a single person that has emigrated to LOS. Guests or working only sad.png

I kniow loads of people who emigrated here - and several (farang) who are now Thai citizens as well. I came here when I was 38, and I have no interest in leaving - this is now my home country, birthplace of my children, and as far as I am concerned - permanent.

I think that jumping to completely unsupported conclusions regarding someone that nobody on this forum knows simply because he is Russian, is absolutely unacceptable - he may be a drug dealer or a mafia member, but he could just as easily be a priest or any one of a thousand other perfectly normal jobs.

He was obviously distraught by the breakup with his girlfriend - you dont have to be a drug dealer or criminal to get upset when something major like that happens.

@ robblok

Sorry but l don't know a single person that has emigrated to LOS. Guests or working only sad.png

I kniow loads of people who emigrated here - and several (farang) who are now Thai citizens as well. I came here when I was 38, and I have no interest in leaving - this is now my home country, birthplace of my children, and as far as I am concerned - permanent.

I think that jumping to completely unsupported conclusions regarding someone that nobody on this forum knows simply because he is Russian, is absolutely unacceptable - he may be a drug dealer or a mafia member, but he could just as easily be a priest or any one of a thousand other perfectly normal jobs.

He was obviously distraught by the breakup with his girlfriend - you dont have to be a drug dealer or criminal to get upset when something major like that happens.

Several Thai citizens, wow, let us know who they are, several, gosh, you have a neishe circle of friends thumbsup.gif . .

He's Russian - never passive or jai yen yen. If he mixed it up with drugs, booze - enough said. And Robblok - are you on roids or sumfink? Why are you so defensive of this <deleted>? He smashed up his condo - again, enough said.

how is he a <deleted>? cos he isn't old and fat?

besides, if the guy decides to smash up his condo, that's his right, isn't it?

Sure it's his right if it's his gear. But it still makes him a <deleted>.

31 years old and living in Pattaya,he has retired early,unless he is doing something illegal here. the police need to check guys under 40 who live here,they are the undesireables in the main,selling drugs etc

so you are saying that a 'young' person at the beach is an 'undesirable' ? but an over-aged person sleeping with girls 30 years younger than himself is acceptable?

I see this type of thing all of the time in Pattaya-Jomtien. The part about "Thai girlfriend leaving him" was telling. I know two farangs who recently went "nuts" for a similar reason: one because his Thai wife left him for another man, and the other because he can't comprehend that the "working girls" are only after his money (which he does not have a lot of). Men who come here is search of love need to come to grips with the reality of this place. How many of us would go out of our way to date and have a "normal" relationship with a "working girl" in our home countries, and marry her and save her family and build her a house in the country and set her up in a business? Really.......think about it! I know one guy who is so desparate to seem "normal" that he paid a working girl to walk around with him, got somebody to take a picture of them "together," and plastered it on Facebook, all to give the impression that he had found "love" in Thailand. No doubt he will be showing up in the Pattaya news in the future. A word of advice: if you are looking for true love, do not look for it in Pattaya-Jomtien (especially in the bars). Yes, there are exceptions. Anything is possible, but most readers who have been here long enough know what I am saying.

• Like 1

so you are saying that a 'young' person at the beach is an 'undesirable' ? but an over-aged person sleeping with girls 30 years younger than himself is acceptable?

What the hell does "over-aged" mean?? And who gets to decide what age difference is acceptable so long as both people are of age?

Anyway, I'm surprised how long this 'old vs young' sniping has lasted in this thread. Pretty disheartening actually. Most of the time TV posters seem to take out their frustrations by criticizing Thais in general (or Thai police or Thai politicians), but now they're turning on each other. A virtual 'cannibal apocalypse'. Look, there's room in Thailand for everyone and there's no reason to be taking below-belt swipes at each other. And the Thais have allowed us in as guests, so again, why spend so much energy taking swipes at them (as we see in other threads)...

What the hell does "over-aged" mean?? And who gets to decide what age difference is acceptable so long as both people are of age?

Anyway, I'm surprised how long this 'old vs young' sniping has lasted in this thread. Pretty disheartening actually. Most of the time TV posters seem to take out their frustrations by criticizing Thais in general (or Thai police or Thai politicians), but now they're turning on each other. A virtual 'cannibal apocalypse'. Look, there's room in Thailand for everyone and there's no reason to be taking below-belt swipes at each other. And the Thais have allowed us in as guests, so again, why spend so much energy taking swipes at them (as we see in other threads)...

Afraid that many ''young'' posters here are genuinely jealous of older guys that they can still fool around. I see it on many subjects and to me makes them look daft as they themselves do not know what THEY will be doing in 30 years time.rolleyes.gif

Afraid that many ''young'' posters here are genuinely jealous of older guys that they can still fool around. I see it on many subjects and to me makes them look daft as they themselves do not know what THEY will be doing in 30 years time.rolleyes.gif

Not really jealous ill be doing the same in 30 years but now its free and girls want me. Then ill have to pay for it and pretend im an hansum man.

• Like 1

I hope I won't be roaming around shopping centers looking for young boys in 30 years :whistling:

Everyone is only "assuming" but maybe he is here with his family and lives here? Who knows and who cares, the point is the guy could have hit someone with the junk he was throwing over his balcony and seriously hurt or even killed someone down below.

Thank god he was caught before someone got hurt I say.

I've read through 4 pages, seen speculation of his financial status and why he's here - doesn't interest me. The thing that interest me, is the speculation of him being drunk, which is perfectly plausible and if an alcoholic could account for his slight figure and the speculation that he was off his face, which is plausible and if he is a regular drug user could account for his slight figure.

Something else is quite plausible too - he might have mental issues. We shouldn't be too hasty to condemn. Yes, the police indicated the POSSIBILITY of narcotics in his system (not in his apartment), but how many people have actually witnessed someone just loose it. Completely. Mental breakdowns can result in the same kind of behaviour, and if he has been leading up to a mental breakdown for while, he wouldn't have been eating much and could account for his slight figure.

I'm not for one minute saying that this is mentally related; it is quite unlikely in my opinion, but we shouldn't automatically assume that everyone who goes 'berserk' - very odd word for a headline - is an lush or a junkie.

"but an over-aged person sleeping with girls 30 years younger than himself is acceptable?" if he is over 47 it is legal, so what is wrong with that? Envious?

OK it wags tongs, know of many Brits who have very young wives/girl friends, even been asked to leave the room when I walked into a unattended hotel bar by a certain well known "Sir" who was entertaining a young lady, also seen other well known celebrates with with bevies of young ladies, the only thing difference between Thailand and the UK is your chances are better if you are not a multi millionaire.

Edited by Basil B

But you don't tend to see many of those older guys tossing furniture over the balcony and generally wrecking the joint?ermm.gif

Maybe with age people tend to mellow out, and most don't toss furniture over balcony. As people age they show their rage less and less, they keep it inside, so they are less likely to wreck furniture. Anger isn't going anywhere tho. Anger and disappointment turn into bitterness and resentment, sometimes towards younger folk. If not careful, this resentment towards fellow expats can settle in, and without any proof you start suspecting fellow residents being criminals.. cos 'Look, he is 30, how come he isn't a postman in town of Llanddewi Brefi, like I was, until old age retirement'

"Anger and disappointment turn into bitterness and resentment" is also keenly associated with alcoholism, of which there seems to be a fair degree amongst the multinational expat population. Just an observation.

I see nothing wrong with young people at the beach or anywhere else, (barring underage relations, pedophilia) Older people should not resent younger people.

As far as an expat male sleeping with a female (non underage) many years younger; usually that's just business.

I have yet to see a western male / thai female large age difference couple akin to Michael Douglas / Catherine Zeta Jones. Both financially highly successful and independent, professionally accomplished, and both fairly attractive.