2013 Big Bikes Made In Thailand

nikster

Here's some of what I heard for new made in Thailand bikes in 2013

- Triumph Street Triple with new BOI arrangement, e.g. no tax, e.g. reasonable price

- Daytona 675, same deal

- Ducati Multi/Hyper 800cc rumored new bike

- Kawasaki Z800

- Honda CB500 and CBR500

- BMW moving some motorbike production here (I guess more like 2014 before we see any of these though)

Any others?

Things are looking good :D

• Like 1

- Triumph Street Triple with new BOI arrangement, e.g. no tax, e.g. reasonable price

- Daytona 675, same deal

- Kawasaki Z800

- Honda CB500 and CBR500

- BMW moving some motorbike production here (I guess more like 2014 before we see any of these though)

Any others?

Numerous Lifan. Hengshun. Shunheng etc chinese bikes :D

sent from my Wellcom A90+

Hope you're right Nikster, I've been considering the Street Triple for over 2 years but can't quite pull the trigger due to the outrageous price and the reasons behind the outrageous price.

At a sensible price I'd be all over it (or maybe the Daytona 675!)...

- Daytona 675, same deal

- Kawasaki Z800

- Honda CB500 and CBR500

Any others?

I believe possibly a crf 450/500 could be on it's way too.......

if all these brands produce bikes in Thailand, we will see good days ahead man.

I am also wondering a great deal on Ducati and Triumph and BMW offerings. Or a inline four 800 cc from Kawa.

For Chinese ones, we count them as crap not bikes so please do not count them on this thread.

Edited by loserlazer

I am also wondering a great deal on Ducati and Triumph and BMW offerings. Or a inline four 800 cc from Kawa.

For Chinese ones, we count them as crap not bikes so please do not count them on this thread.

BMW seems a long way out, and they want to make 250cc - 500cc bikes according to a recent news article. Anyone's guess what that might be as BMW doesn't currently make any bikes that small. Maybe they have a whole new line in mind, maybe scooters, maybe Husquarna branded bikes, who knows?!

Pretty sure on Ducati, Triumph, Honda, and Kawasaki though so that's a pretty good lineup right there.

BMW seems a long way out, and they want to make 250cc - 500cc bikes according to a recent news article. Anyone's guess what that might be as BMW doesn't currently make any bikes that small. Maybe they have a whole new line in mind, maybe scooters, maybe Husquarna branded bikes, who knows?!

Pretty sure on Ducati, Triumph, Honda, and Kawasaki though so that's a pretty good lineup right there.

i think BMW want to jump to the boat of highly efficient and sporty low cc small bikes like honda did and doing with cbr 250 and cbr 500. cbr 250 was a great success for Honda all around the world in terms of sales.

People needs small displacement light and small bikes with good mileage then 1000 cc supersports nowadays around the world. So, we see BMW there.

But i want an inline four on Thailand as if they can produce an inline four here, it will be a milestone for Thai motorcycle industry here and then we see all brands in Thailand.

But when do we see them coming?

God speed the motorcycle industry in Thailand:)

^ That would make a lot of sense. I am even wondering how a motorcycle company like BMW can allow Honda to sell literally millions of small displacement scooters every year without even trying to compete?! But a BMW 250 would be closer to home for the company and I am guessing not hard to do for them.

As for inline fours - why aren't they making them already?! I don't think anything is stopping Thailand in particular... they make computer chips and hard disks here, I don't think Inline 4s are inherently more complex....

^ That would make a lot of sense. I am even wondering how a motorcycle company like BMW can allow Honda to sell literally millions of small displacement scooters every year without even trying to compete?! But a BMW 250 would be closer to home for the company and I am guessing not hard to do for them.

As for inline fours - why aren't they making them already?! I don't think anything is stopping Thailand in particular... they make computer chips and hard disks here, I don't think Inline 4s are inherently more complex....

I'd prefer we left Honda to make the cbr250 and the nc700. The likes of BMW and Ducati can continue to push the boundaries and make cutting edge performance bikes. Asking BMW to compete with Honda on the CBr250 is like asking why Ferrari don't release a competitor to the Honda Brio.

In terms of inline 4's, I think any company producing a flagship model in Thailand is a mistake. I work for a US owned Thai manufacturer and deal with a lot of QC departments. Shifting the blame always takes priority over improving the quality of product.

• Like 1

I'd prefer we left Honda to make the cbr250 and the nc700. The likes of BMW and Ducati can continue to push the boundaries and make cutting edge performance bikes. Asking BMW to compete with Honda on the CBr250 is like asking why Ferrari don't release a competitor to the Honda Brio.

In terms of inline 4's, I think any company producing a flagship model in Thailand is a mistake. I work for a US owned Thai manufacturer and deal with a lot of QC departments. Shifting the blame always takes priority over improving the quality of product.

Well, it is the loss of Ferrari for not creating a small car competing with Honda Brio as they might get more sales.biggrin.png

I remember the same quotes when Porsche released a SUV. It was like "Porsche releasing a SUV! how bad for Porsche" some years ago man. But now, nearly half of Porsche's sales are coming from Cayenne SUV.

And regarding the boundaries, yes, Ducati and BMW push it. But, it is Honda or Kawasaki etc that generalized biking in this world and if you ask me, it is Honda or Japanese that produced bikes that help the lives of millions and provide fun for another million not a handful of BMWs or always problematic Ducatis for some rich middle aged guys on their andropause.

You like it or not, Honda sold a great deal of cbr 250 for two years and they will sell more maybe more than what BMW or Ducati selling with their whole line up.smile.png

So, i think BMW or even Ducati need to jump the boat of low displacement, small, inexpensive bikes or they will suffer financially which is why BMW is planning on as the petrol is constantly rising and it is hard to see the horizon in world economics. One day, riding a 1000 cc sport bike might be even banned or considered as a taboo!

Jonny f believe me, BMW is more realistic and clever that youbiggrin.png

Well, it is the loss of Ferrari for not creating a small car competing with Honda Brio as they might get more sales.biggrin.png

I remember the same quotes when Porsche released a SUV. It was like "Porsche releasing a SUV! how bad for Porsche" some years ago man. But now, nearly half of Porsche's sales are coming from Cayenne SUV.

I was going to say something about the Porsche SUV... a great example of brand management. Porsche fans were happy because first of all Porsche didn't just make an SUV, they designed the best performing SUV from the ground up. Easy to forget when you watch the soccer moms and Thai Hi-Sos putter around the parking lot at the mall, but I remember the first tests of the Cayenne, everyone was in awe for both on and off road performance. Secondly, the 911 owners know they have a different class of vehicle and are still allowed to look down upon the Cayennes and Boxsters of this world. So the high end is still happy.

And Ferrari is owned by Fiat which makes lots of teeny-tiny cars. I hear Lamborghini is now making a SUV as well?!?! Brand extension is possible ;)

If I was making motorbikes I'd definitely have to have a very good reason to not want to compete in the highest volume categories. It should be possible for BMW to do a scooter competitive with the PCX and a little bike competitive with the CBR.

And regarding the boundaries, yes, Ducati and BMW push it. But, it is Honda or Kawasaki etc that generalized biking in this world and if you ask me, it is Honda or Japanese that produced bikes that help the lives of millions and provide fun for another million not a handful of BMWs or always problematic Ducatis for some rich middle aged guys on their andropause.

You like it or not, Honda sold a great deal of cbr 250 for two years and they will sell more maybe more than what BMW or Ducati selling with their whole line up.smile.png

So, i think BMW or even Ducati need to jump the boat of low displacement, small, inexpensive bikes or they will suffer financially which is why BMW is planning on as the petrol is constantly rising and it is hard to see the horizon in world economics. One day, riding a 1000 cc sport bike might be even banned or considered as a taboo!

Jonny f believe me, BMW is more realistic and clever that youbiggrin.png

Not sure how you equate Porsche releasing the Cayenne SUV with BMW or Ducati releasing a bike like the cbr250. Porsche released the Cayenne SUV to compete with the likes of the Range Rover, not an entry level competitor to a Suzuki Vitara or Toyota Rav 4.

I'm sure either company could release an awesome class leading 250 if they wanted to, same as Porsche released a class leading SUV in line with their brand image. But a direct competitor to the cbr250? From BMW or Ducati? I don't see it myself. Time will tell though...

Not sure how you equate Porsche releasing the Cayenne SUV with BMW or Ducati releasing a bike like the cbr250. Porsche released the Cayenne SUV to compete with the likes of the Range Rover, not an entry level competitor to a Suzuki Vitara or Toyota Rav 4.

Exactly, it is completely different. For BMW to release something to directly compete with the Honda Wave would be a disaster for their brand here. If they were to release a scooter it would be something to compete with the much higher priced Vespas etc.. (which would be something you could compare to the Porsche SUV example)

I hear Lamborghini is now making a SUV as well?!?!

Now with Know How and money from AUDI, that will possibly work, but they tried that SUV, -HUMMER- style thing already long ago.

I t was just not so positive sales outcome.wink.png

http://en.wikipedia....mborghini_LM002

280px-Lambo_LM_002_1.jpg220px-Lamborghini_LM002_Brunei_1989_side_2009-03-14_A.jpg220px-1989_LM-002_rear.jpg

1986-1993 328 produced

Sidenote in Wikipedia

On July 18, 2004, at a US military base near Baqubah, members of the American military used an LM002 that had belonged to Uday Hussein to simulate the effects of a car bomb.

http://carscoop.blog...stroy-rare.html

Young uneducated us soldiers!tongue.png

Csp_LM002_1.jpgCsp_LM002_6.jpg

Csp_LM002_8.jpgCsp_LM002_5.jpg

Csp_LM002_9.jpg

Edited by ALFREDO

Exactly, it is completely different. For BMW to release something to directly compete with the Honda Wave would be a disaster for their brand here. If they were to release a scooter it would be something to compete with the much higher priced Vespas etc.. (which would be something you could compare to the Porsche SUV example)

Yah, I think we're all in agreement. BMW, get on it ;)

• Like 1

• 1 year later...

I hope you guys are all aware that THERE IS NO CUSTOMER SERVICE in Thailand

Sorry but I was totally pissed today when i entered the Kawasaki shop in Phuket town, just to see my bike lying on the bottom, not even all parts stripped from the frame yet... this is what THEY have done there in 4 WEEKS.

When I asked what happend, they told me they dont know and Bangkok did not get back to them yet. When we ask when they did call Bangkok for the last time to ask for the process, they started whining...: "we are only small dealer of Kawasaki, we can do nothing" <deleted> is this??????
They are SCARED to call the HQ in Bangkok???

Like I said before. If a thing like this ever happend to a police men and he go there in Uniform with black sunglasses and a gun... He would have his bike back with a new frame in no time... but I AM A <deleted> FARANG HERE and thats why the service is so poor in Karasaki...

I really want to know if Kawasaki in Japan is aware of this circumstances here in Thailand. I highly doubt it.
I was at a governments office today and have an appointment there on friday again. Have to bring book papers etc. Then they will contact Kawasaki and ask what happend.

I nearly got mental today, for somebody with a brain, this behaviour is just unbelivable stupid. Its KAWASAKI... nor a cheap Chinese brand where you expect no better...
If I have no news until two weeks from now I go and see a lawyer, this is just rediculus. I dont know where the problem is informing the CUSTOMER about something instead of just let him wait forever

IF anybody planning on buying a KAWASAKI in Thailand... buy one MADE IN USA or somewhere else... Kawasaki made in Thailand is just CRAP Pay the enormous Import TAX but drive something SAFE, not something where your FRAME fall apart after a couple of month

OPaGbTzkJT1003051014.jpg

or here MADE IN THAILAND

42tveBxRHg0916120936.jpg