How Often Do You Discard A Post ?

DrTuner

I'm using the Thaivisa App and as I write now, there's a "discard" button down on the bottom. I know that it's not there if you use a browser, so regard "discard" as writing something and then deciding not to send it.

I'm curious since I've found myself using more self moderation when given the option to think if I'm talking out of my arse. Most of the time I discard because after reading my own writing I notice I wouldn't be contributing anything worth of value and decide to leave it.

So, the question.. do you actually moderate your output here ?

I must admit I have thrown away a few posts with the app. Looking back it was probably a good thing as I can't be bothered arguing on forums.

It would be nice if some people did think before they post but that's what forums are for.

• Like 1

Yes! I should think we all do a little self moderation from time to time.Either I have gone over the top,and could be construed to be intimidating another member. Or in most cases just plainly of no interest,or adding nothing much to a debate......like this Post from me!

Yes, do it all the time, start to write something and then think "cant be bothered" or the most common reason, I'm tired of the people lurking waiting to ridicule and pick a fight like its some kind of sport.Then the thread gets hi-jacked while two ar*eholes have a verbal ping-pong match trying to prove who is more superior and got the biggest D*ck, the keyboard warriors. So now,as my avatar says,I "just observe" for the most part.

Why some people have to get personal and insulting instead of just saying "I don't agree" and then state there own view. Treat people with a little more respect and be polite and the place would be a lot better.(in my opinion) but some would call that boring and less entertaining I dare say.

Edited by CharlieH
  • Like 2

I discard 50% of my reply's lately. I get excited when someone asks a travel question - I answer really hoping my experience will help and sometimes it ends up being hijacked by social gadfly's. I wont give up because I need to learn and ask questions as well so we're co-dependent in some respects.

I discard about 1/3 of my ramblings. Often I slip up and reveal personal information or a location or activity which is inappropriate. Also, I look at some things I write and say, aww no, don't, especially on political threads. I make it easier for myself now, and often don't bother reading the political threads.

When I write a overly candid post and then realize that I am going to be suspended for the content, I usually discard it. However, sometimes my better instincts take over and I usually end up paying for it . sad.png

... but you reap the rewards with the love of your admirers.wub.png

Even if you are an out of control Republican fanatic, who has yet to become one with the Obama love express, I'd still think kindly of you whilst you were in purgatory doing penance. tongue.png

I often think again while posting, and refrain. Not often enough, though...

I'd like a pop-up that said "How much have you had to drink?" whenever we post a reply; sometimes I forget...

SC

I read about an app that pops up an arithmetic problem you must solve before a message is actually posted to prevent drunk posting. I can't recall the details, it may have been just sms or e-mail. A good idea for some here.

I do actually try and think about my posts, but.........

Wouldn't it be nice to have a recall button!

I think some poster use the edit as the recall button.

True, but the edit button is only available for a short time after posting.

But on that note, a recall button (email anyway) can only be used on unread messages.

The above being said, back to normal it is then, live on the edge...........:)

I discard half my posts, if they don't amuse me then I don't post it. The fact that it may not amuse anyone here is besides the point, I am a narcissist.

Take this the nice way, ok.

A real narcissist would not know that he suffers from that condition, the condition itself precludes the thoughts of others, therefore, you are not a narcissist.

I may, on the other hand, be an annoying self righteous pedant.... but my mother loved me.

That's maybe taking brevity too far...

That really depends on your brevity meter (not yours obviously, the general one) this topic is quite a good general question, I have no idea how many times I've gone for the red X in the top right corner over the 'post' button, but my estimation would be..... more than a couple of times.

The post of mine that you quoted was made just to illustrate a point, most people do it, and there is no evidence of it, I intentionally left some evidence of what most people do but they do it without leaving a mark.

That's maybe taking brevity too far...

That really depends on your brevity meter (not yours obviously, the general one) this topic is quite a good general question, I have no idea how many times I've gone for the red X in the top right corner over the 'post' button, but my estimation would be..... more than a couple of times.

The post of mine that you quoted was made just to illustrate a point, most people do it, and there is no evidence of it, I intentionally left some evidence of what most people do but they do it without leaving a mark.

You're just trying to intimidate me ahead of next week's semi-final, It;s at Langtree Park, where, if idle speculation serves me well, we have done better than at home,...

The above would be an ideal post for reconsideration, but I'm going to let it stand

SC