Third Gender, Why Are There So Many Here?

barefoot1988

i can't help to notice but the amount of third gender here in thailand seems to be alot higher than anywhere else in the world. the 3rd gender seems to be alot more complex than i though to be just ladyboys. as explained from a local, there seems to be afew categories to it. from semi transformed ladyboys to full fledge transsexual, toms, feminine looking and behaving gays

just in case, im not prejudiced against gays, ladyboys, transsexual but just noticing the higher population of them here

i had done afew search and as quoted from yahoo answers

"Bisphenol A and other chemicals that come from plastics are causing it. Thailand is out of control when it comes to chemicals. Out here they pour hot soup into plastic bags endlessly. I would also connnect the Thailand's history of twins. Not sure why there are a lot of twins here but there are. I think that some of this homosexuality has to do with some type of male-female DNA issue. It's the twin that was never born in terms of body. The chemicals in plastics are know to affect males in terms of sexual organ size and potence. The chemicals act like female hormones and in females they cause girls as young as three to see some breast development.

I think the hormonal effect of the plastics is kicking the potential twin into one being. The males have strong female features and the females have strong male features. You see the ladyboys but I can assure you that there are plenty of butch females here who you would turn your head again at to see if they were male or female.

Something is going on here. Some of it may be natural but it seems that the modern chemical environment which we have created is leading to more noticable transgender individuals.

Here's one link from ABC news. Bispenol A has been banned in the US since this video I believe but there are still many other countries where it is not. Thailand is out of control in terms of environmental issues."

that actually sounds legit. does that had any truth in that?

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Well that's a new one to me! Its all the fault of plastics that there are transgender persons in this world. If yahoo, answers says so it must be true!!

What a load of C**p. Next the OP will say if we get rid of plastics we can cure their sexual proclivities! Really glad your not prejudiced towards the as you put it "the third gender population"

Sent from my GT-P6200 using Thaivisa Connect App

Edited by ggold
  • Like 1

Well that's a new one to me! Its all the fault of plastics that there are transgender persons in this world. If yahoo, answers says so it must be true!!

What a load of C**p. Next the OP will say if we get rid of plastics we can cure their sexual proclivities! Really glad your not prejudiced towards the as you put it "the third gender population"

Sent from my GT-P6200 using Thaivisa Connect App

looks like their avatar has had too much plastic!!

Maybe because Thailand has more tolerance than the west.?

Yermanee wai.gif

Hit the nail on the head, probably just as many in the west but due to social prejudices they remain behind closed doors.

I concur.

If the west had a tolerant attitude, I'm sure there would be just as many there.

What's with the OP's avatar, is it 3D or something?

Edited by thaibeachlovers

There are a lot of us here because we are beautiful, sexy and proud.

Back home too many people look and point and laugh at us like we a spastics or something.

What you really need to ask, is it any different in other countries or is it just suppressed?

How many of us hiding under tight suits or lycra pants too scared to burst out. How many of YOU are hiding out there?

You would be surprised at the numbers just here on ThaiVisa going by PM's to myself and requests for dressups.

I am no spastic but can be anything if it turns you on.

• Like 1

I did read a study, once.

Thai males and Thai females are very close together, by the hormone status.

A bit more of this, or a bit more of that, done. Plus a bit more of acceptance: (try) to change.

Also ladies (to be) can earn more money, anyway!

If they only wouldn't abuse HGH, so much!

Acceptance:

I got told, that people think, a gay was a bad husband to his wife, in the last life. Cheating on her.

So can happen to every one, sooner or later.

But if that would be true, the amount of 'third gender' would be 'a bit' higher, wouldn't it?

Edited by noob7

Mr. McGuire: I just want to say one word to you. Just one word.

Benjamin: Yes, sir.

Mr. McGuire: Are you listening?

Benjamin: Yes, I am.

Mr. McGuire: Plastics.

I think we've heard them all: plastics, alien abduction, the government putting chemicals in the water, poor families giving up a son for government experiments, dodging the military, prostitution, climate, religion, the cosmetic industry (trying to expand the market), television, ad infinitum.

There is a long history, and any number of scholarly works - most of which have been referenced here multiple times, which do a much better job explaining the phenomenon than "plastics".

• Like 2

Yermanee said it best.."Tolerance", and for me, the well known Thai phrase "up to them" the live and let live attitude that attracts so many of us from the west to start with, I think its brilliant that people can be whatever they wish and live their lives however they choose.

• Like 2

Back home too many people look and point and laugh at us like we a spastics or something.

What you really need to ask, is it any different in other countries or is it just suppressed?

How many of us hiding under tight suits or lycra pants too scared to burst out. How many of YOU are hiding out there?

You would be surprised at the numbers just here on ThaiVisa going by PM's to myself and requests for dressups.

I understand what you are saying but bringing spastics into it is wrong.

I have never stared,pointed and certainly not laughed at a spastic.

• Like 1

I think Dorothy is dead right when she talks about suppression in the west when it comes to ladyboys / transgender / transvestites... our (Christian religion based) culture does only know a heteronormative social norm and since - even today - homosexuality is seen as a sin by those religions, it is very difficult for western transgender people to live a life the way they want.

In Asian countries however, there is a cultural accpetance through the religions, whether Hinduism or Buddhism and it is thought to go back to the Vedas (1500 BC to 500 BC). Therefore, for those really interested, i would recommend the Wikipedia Article about "Third Gender" which will give you some insights that are not biaised on some of the crap I read above. Just quoting one part:

"In the Buddhist Vinaya ... there are four main sex/gender categories: males, females, ubhatobyanjanaka (people of a dual sexual nature) and pandaka (people of various non-normative sexual natures ...) As the Vinaya tradition developed, the term pandaka came to refer to a broad third sex category which encompassed intersex, male and female bodied people with physical and/or behavioural attributes that were considered inconsistent with the natural characteristics of man and woman.

Contrary to what is often portrayed in the West, sex with male ... was the gender role of the third gender, not their defining feature. Thus, in ancient India, as in present day India, the society made a distinction between a third genders having sex with a man, and a man having sex with a man. The latter may have been viewed negatively, but he would be seen very much as a man ... (in modern western context 'gay')."

I do clearly think that this culture with deep roots in Buddhism just makes it much easier for transgender people to be widly accepted and therefore, we (western) think that their are many more ladyboys in Thailand than in Western Europe - which might or might not be true. One fact certainly is that many ladyboys have realized the business they can make with Westerns (ask yourself why that is and who should be blamed for it...) and thus, we Westerns see many ladyboys in the tourist centre and maybe therefore think that there are many more than in the west...

But again, if the west could wipe out the christian religion based suppression and discrimination and would cease to qualify transgender people as having a "mental disorder according to IDC-10", then we would see a fast growing transgender community in the West also.

For you geniuses out there?

How do you define the differences between ladyboys and the practice of transvestism?

What factors determines the definition of a ladyboy? For example, if I dress up in women’s clothing or take certain drugs or use surgery to enhance some feminine features, any or all of them, would that make me a ladyboy?

Is it a physical phenomenon or a mental frame of mind? Who do ladyboys feel physically attracted to? Men, women, other ladyboys, gays, lesbians, or could be any or all the sexes?

I wonder if there has ever been a study on this subject?

This is one of those something we have always wanted to know, but been afraid to ask mysteries.

I have no idea and not claiming to be a genius. I`m just an old fart trying to understand and make sense of it all, so I’m asking?

Edited by Beetlejuice

Not many transsexuals, mostly guys (about 98%) with fake boobs and a sausage surprise.

They are always a barrel of laughs.

Maybe because Thailand has more tolerance than the west.?

Yermanee wai.gif

Hit the nail on the head, probably just as many in the west but due to social prejudices they remain behind closed doors.

Western guys in a frock just look nasty, Thai guys make really sexy girls.

Edited by TommoPhysicist

How do you define the differences between ladyboys and the practice of transvestism?

What factors determines the definition of a ladyboy? For example, if I dress up in women’s clothing or take certain drugs or use surgery to enhance some feminine features, any or all of them, would that make me a ladyboy?

Is it a physical phenomenon or a mental frame of mind? Who do ladyboys feel physically attracted to? Men, women, other ladyboys, gays, lesbians, or could be any or all the sexes?

This is one of those something we have always wanted to know, but been afraid to ask mysteries.

I have no idea and not claiming to be a genius. I`m just an old fart trying to understand and make sense of it all, so I’m asking?

Who is we?

• Like 1

Hows it hanging Dorothy? I don't doubt you are bothered with requests, perhaps an actual photo for the avatar could help? Just a thought.

As to the OP, obviously your unatural fascination with transexuals is purely academic and no one here would read anything else into it. That aside, to each their own, we all have to struggle through life with often similar problems, in the end we all end up the same way though.

I think Dorothy is dead right when she talks about suppression in the west when it comes to ladyboys / transgender / transvestites... our (Christian religion based) culture does only know a heteronormative social norm and since - even today - homosexuality is seen as a sin by those religions, it is very difficult for western transgender people to live a life the way they want.

In Asian countries however, there is a cultural accpetance through the religions, whether Hinduism or Buddhism and it is thought to go back to the Vedas (1500 BC to 500 BC). Therefore, for those really interested, i would recommend the Wikipedia Article about "Third Gender" which will give you some insights that are not biaised on some of the crap I read above. Just quoting one part:

"In the Buddhist Vinaya ... there are four main sex/gender categories: males, females, ubhatobyanjanaka (people of a dual sexual nature) and pandaka (people of various non-normative sexual natures ...) As the Vinaya tradition developed, the term pandaka came to refer to a broad third sex category which encompassed intersex, male and female bodied people with physical and/or behavioural attributes that were considered inconsistent with the natural characteristics of man and woman.

Contrary to what is often portrayed in the West, sex with male ... was the gender role of the third gender, not their defining feature. Thus, in ancient India, as in present day India, the society made a distinction between a third genders having sex with a man, and a man having sex with a man. The latter may have been viewed negatively, but he would be seen very much as a man ... (in modern western context 'gay')."

I do clearly think that this culture with deep roots in Buddhism just makes it much easier for transgender people to be widly accepted and therefore, we (western) think that their are many more ladyboys in Thailand than in Western Europe - which might or might not be true. One fact certainly is that many ladyboys have realized the business they can make with Westerns (ask yourself why that is and who should be blamed for it...) and thus, we Westerns see many ladyboys in the tourist centre and maybe therefore think that there are many more than in the west...

But again, if the west could wipe out the christian religion based suppression and discrimination and would cease to qualify transgender people as having a "mental disorder according to IDC-10", then we would see a fast growing transgender community in the West also.

Good post that. Thanks.

The closest answer I received regarding this is that its impossible to define accurately....so its the grey area you are experiencing.

Trust that was as much help to you as it was to myself.

Who is we?

If " we " doesn't include you, what witholds you to answer Beetlejuice's question?

Who is we?

I assumed 'we' was 'old farts', so congratulations 'you' are officially included in 'we'.