Mae Sot Info Bus/boarder

90 day boarder run in less then 3 weeks, from BKK.

wondered about Mae Sot as never been to that boarder........

My problem is finding it difficult to get info on Bus back to BKK...... day or night bus up fine... wondering if anyone has done this trip? is it possible to take the VIP night bus up it appears to arrive about 5am, do the boarder crossing and get the day bus back to BKK ? cannot find day bus times back, the 1x company i phoned only do night VIP bus.

or is there anything to do/see there for 16 hours? untill the night bus back..

Many thanks

Hi,, there's regular bus service running between Mae sot and bkk,, at Mae Sot we also saw passengers waiting at various times during the day for the minivan,, I would imagine the return service to bkk would be hourly or at least every couple hours,,, sorry I can't give confirmation,,

We went there with friends a few months back ( friend doing visa run), not much to do although there's a Burmese/Thai market just under the bridge on the right hand side where you can pick up the odd bargain, depending on your preferences,, there's a few ok hotels that are reasonably priced and a few resteraunts scattered around... For your information,, friends processing + walk over the bridge and back was all done and dusted in less than an hour

90 day boarder run in less then 3 weeks, from BKK.

wondered about Mae Sot as never been to that boarder........

My problem is finding it difficult to get info on Bus back to BKK...... day or night bus up fine... wondering if anyone has done this trip? is it possible to take the VIP night bus up it appears to arrive about 5am, do the boarder crossing and get the day bus back to BKK ? cannot find day bus times back, the 1x company i phoned only do night VIP bus.

or is there anything to do/see there for 16 hours? untill the night bus back..

Many thanks

There are several busses during the day and during the night to Mae Sod in both directions. Yes, you can take a day bus back to BKK after having done your border run.

Another option is to take a minibus to Tak and take the bus back to bangkok from there. (There are 2 minibus opperators in Mae Sod, leaving every 20 minutes or so for Tak)

Tak is on the busroute BKK-Mae Sod anyway, so no detour.

The transport company (999) for instance has several VIP busses.

There is only one busstation in Mae Sod, all busses start/en there. Only one buscompany used to have a bus leaving from inside Mae Sod (near the police station) itself, but now with the new busstation just outside Mae Sod I'm not sure they still start from there.

Here's a schedule for the 999 buses from the main bus terminal (about halfway between Mae Sot town and the border)

http://en.kohtaozone.com/tarifs-et-horaire-bus/de-Mae+Sot-vers-Bangkok.php

Nok Air also has twice-daily flights to Bangkok as an alternative. Airport is next to the bus station.

http://www.nokair.com/nokconnext/aspx/index.aspx

Mae Sot has at least 4 places where buses starts. Main busstation near airport, one where minibuses from Tak, Nakhon Sawan goes, there is buses too. Then one near roundabout when you come in Mae Sot. Phetprasert and Greenbus both (?) have they own terminal or not? So do all buses go via main station even if they starts some other station/terminal?

Either way, there are not several buses during a day. Just few.