Best Iphone App To Use To Communicate Or Translate English To Thai

dannywla

• 2 weeks later...

Hi,

I have used the Worldictionary iPhone app while travelling because it defines the translation of any word from one language to another language instantly. It is very easy to use and it allows me to save my search records which has been done through its Google, WikiPedia, and YouTube advanced search function.

"Talking Thai" is very professional. But it translates only one word at the time (in both directions) with speech.

"Google translate" will translate whole sentence by showing the Thai script plus pronunciation.

If you have good 3G or WIFI connection you can speak your sentence in most major languages and it will translate in Thai.

Unfortunately, it does not recognize Thai voice.

It helped me one time after I used a motor cycle taxi and forgot my money. As he know me, I could even ask him to borrow me some money and pay him back the next day.

• 2 weeks later...

Talking Thai is fantastic, but it doesn't really translate sentences. Only words. Still, it does that really well. You can have the Thai person type in Thai words and see the English ones.

Google translates sentences but I don't know if I'd want to use that... I often use it on my computer to translate whatever my Thai friends posted on Facebook and 95% of the time it's gibberish. Meaning it really can't translate very well at all. It's fine for single words or simple phrases though. Talking Thai is of course much better as it has pronunciation, and it lists all meanings.

talking thai is a good dictionary and i think worth every penny it costs but as nikster points out it is limited to single words.

i go online when i want something more than a single word and use :

thai2english.com

and

thai-language.com

• 3 weeks later...

I use google translate app (free) and itranslate app (.99). I like that both have speech recognition from english to thai and translate sentences. Girlfreind thinks the thai > english is pretty good. Wish some things were better but not bad.

• 5 weeks later...