Thai Health Ministry Urges Drinkers To Avoid Floodwaters

webfact

Dr. Dimwit apparently in control of Public Health sounds more like a Mom telling his children not to play in floodwaters and especially stop drinking alcohol when close to it. What would be a more intelligent response to prevent drownings would be maybe to institute some sort of swimming class to teach especially the young people how to swim since 95% of the population cannot swim a stroke but are sure capable of spraying water and playing in it during Song Kran.

• Like 1

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dr. Dimwit apparently in control of Public Health sounds more like a Mom telling his children not to play in floodwaters and especially stop drinking alcohol when close to it. What would be a more intelligent response to prevent drownings would be maybe to institute some sort of swimming class to teach especially the young people how to swim since 95% of the population cannot swim a stroke but are sure capable of spraying water and playing in it during Song Kran.

I was just going to write about this exact thing! Many Thais I know wouldn't be able to keep their heads above water sober. Encouraging the population to learn how to swim is very reasonable and would prevent a great deal of deaths; during floods, beach trips, or any other time there are bodies of water around. Sadly, I wouldn't expect many parents, who often neglect to provide their children with motorcycle helmets or the most basic safety essentials, to care enough to enroll their children in swimming lessons.

cheesy.gifclap2.gif Sometimes I am really scratching my head over who composes headlines such as this one....

VERY SOUND ADVICE FROM THE GREAT CLOWNS... Oops sorry ... GOVERNMENT OF THAILAND IN THESE VERY DISTRESSFULL MOMENTS OF FLOODING IN MANY PARTS OF THAILAND AT THIS VERY MOMENT... 320 Billion THB have been spent ( well...?? ) to control flooding this year .. (As I Said WELL...?? ) and this wonderfull statement comes now that 15 provinces are totally flooded as I guess Buddhist advice .. Don't drink and get flooded at the same time ...or don't drink while you are getting flooded or don't drink just before you get flooded and well you won't be able to drink anyway AFTER you get flooded !! ...I just refrained myself from that next sip of wine in total fear ... Oye Vey! God please save us all ...!!

• Like 1

cheesy.gifclap2.gif Sometimes I am really scratching my head over who composes headlines such as this one....

VERY SOUND ADVICE FROM THE GREAT CLOWNS... Oops sorry ... GOVERNMENT OF THAILAND IN THESE VERY DISTRESSFULL MOMENTS OF FLOODING IN MANY PARTS OF THAILAND AT THIS VERY MOMENT... 320 Billion THB have been spent ( well...?? ) to control flooding this year .. (As I Said WELL...?? ) and this wonderfull statement comes now that 15 provinces are totally flooded as I guess Buddhist advice .. Don't drink and get flooded at the same time ...or don't drink while you are getting flooded or don't drink just before you get flooded and well you won't be able to drink anyway AFTER you get flooded !! ...I just refrained myself from that next sip of wine in total fear ... Oye Vey! God please save us all ...!!

If my house was under 1m of water, booze might be my only solace.

• Like 1

Amidst the current flooding, Deputy Minister of Public Health Dr. Surawit Khonsomboon has revealed the danger of being intoxicated while staying in the water, saying the act can lead to death from drowning.

Perhaps the tight collar of Pheu Thai Party MP and Deputy Public Health Minister Surawit is having an adverse effect on the blood flow to his cranium.

A01_2820.jpg

Amidst the current flooding, Deputy Minister of Public Health Dr. Surawit Khonsomboon has revealed the danger of being intoxicated while staying in the water, saying the act can lead to death from drowning.

Perhaps the tight collar of Pheu Thai Party MP and Deputy Public Health Minister Surawit is having an adverse effect on the blood flow to his cranium.

A01_2820.jpg

Nope...he just needs to smoke some good cannabis and he'll be fine

After all, the chart of intoxicants (fig 2) lists cannabis as least harmful

• Like 1

FLASH: Consumers of alcohol are to stay away from flood waters. It is highly recommended that instead you continue driving your car or motorcycle. Also, in an effort to encourage you to stay away from flood waters, bars and other businesses which sell alcoholic beverages will be allowed to do so on a 24 hour basis until such time that flood waters are no longer pertinent.