What To Do With An Abandoned Dog That Has Found Us?

hitthegroundrunning

Hi all,

We've moved into a new house in Bangkok and the previous owner's dog, which was sold on to someone else, has since returned! The owner they sold it to has packed up and moved, apparently abandoning the dog in the streets. He's a lovely young friendly mutt and we've been trying to find a home for him but to no avail. We have to try to find a dog pound as we have two cats and simply cannot afford to look after him. SCAD have closed and I'm getting no reply from Dog Chance. Soi Dogs are based in Phuket. Can someone please recommend a shelter in Bangkok we can call? I've attached a photo below if anyone's interested. He's very playful, friendly and needs a loving owner.

Our Craig's List ad with photo: http://bangkok.craigslist.co.th/pet/3288288465.html

Thanks,

HTGR

Edited by hitthegroundrunning

It costs very little to keep a dog. Just feed him left over rice or your food with a few chicken carcasses every now and then. A large 20kg dry dog food sack is less than 1000 Baht and will last a while mixed with your leftovers.

The so called dog and cat rescue centres here are nothing like back home believe me.

Thanks guys - we found someone! In fact, our landlady picked up the dog yesterday and took him to a vet's office where there's a pound (Sukhumvit Soi 77) and he's going to pick him up from there. We would have loved to have kept him but we travel a lot and our place is pretty small. He also gets into fights with the next door neighbour's dog all the time. Wouldn't have been the best life for him at ours.

Cheers!