I Am A Philippine Traveler With Thai Visa Questions

Kumusta ka & Sawadee kah,

I read, coming from the Philippines, that it's okay not to get a visa if you stay less than 30 days in Thailand. Once I am in Thailand, can I then work on obtaining a 90 day tourist visa? I plan to live in Chiang mai. Or, is it better to get my tourist visa in Manilla prior to coming to Bangkok. My problem is it's going to be very difficult for me to travel to Manilla from Cebu to receive a Thai Visa. Can I come to Thailand without a visa and either complete the tourist visa process once in Thailand, or just leave Thailand every 30 days and renew my 30 day Visa by re-entering Thailand? Anybody with knowledge of these procedures, I would sure love to hear from you.

Salamat Cap Poon Cap and Thank you!!!

You are aware of the Honorary Thai Consul in Cebu? I expect you can obtain a tourist visa from them. You can not obtain inside Thailand and do not believe they are easy to obtain in border countries due to the number of illegal workers trying to stay in Thailand.

Office of the Honorary Consulate of Thailand in Cebu

c/o Eastern Shipping Lines

Corner Magallanes and M.J. Cuenco Streets, Cebu

P.O. Box 561 Cebu

Tel: (032) 412-1688

Fax: (032) 2548827

Mr. Roy Chiongbian

Honorary Consul

• Like 1

Salamat Mr. Chiongbian!!!!!!!

That will make it much easier for me.

I wonder if you can answer this question, part of the Thai visa application asks for a bank statement. What amount of money do they need to see in my account to grant the visa?

Again, thank you for any information you can provide me with.

Salamat!

Aljean

You can get a double entry tourist visa in Laos. With 2 times 30 day extension, this will be good for almost 180 days.

This can work 2 or 3 times, these days. I got told, Cambodia is not so 'good', for tourist visas and people from your country.

(First hand information) Visa runners should be available from Chiang Mai. From Bangkok it was 3800, some month ago.

Bus to Laos, Hotel, 2 entry Visa, Bus to Bangkok.

And I'm relatively sure, that people from the Philippines are getting, with out a visa in the passport, only 2 weeks (15days), by entering Thailand via land border. There would be a chance, for 30 days, by leaving/entering via land border from Satun in the south of Thailand.

You'll get your first 30 days on arrival, b/c you arrived with an airplane.