Lg Tv Remote Died

dthomasss

My two year old remote died. I went to the LG Service Center and they told me it would take five days to get a new one. That was three weeks ago.

Every time I call to check they say it is not here yet. I have tried the shop in Tukcom but they don't have a replacement. Any other ideas where I can go? I tried Powerbuy but they do not sell remotes.

No idea if you save old or broken stuff, I have one bedroom with loads of stuff in, from time to time go in and see if i can make something good of old/broken things, and yes have found a number of thing I can get working again by robbing part from another items............

I have a good but very old Panasonic TV, remote stopped working long ago, my Video player from UK about 13 years old stopped working couple of years ago, by accident picked up pressing the ON button and the TV came on.... [use this old TV to play about with the Sat dish]... I went downstairs and tried on my much newer Panasonic Plasma TV, again worked... Maybe you have a old item with a working remote that may work ?

I have a Logitech Harmony 515 universal programmable remote that I can either sell for 750 THB or you can borrow it until you get the proper one from LG.

It can be programmed to handle up to 5 devices. Bought it to replace what I thought was a busted remote, turned out I didn't need it, never used it.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B001FOBSGU/ref=oh_details_o00_s00_i00

PM me if interested

O.P. states that he already bought a universal remote. For anyone else who need one when theirs dies etc. There is a shop on Theprasit a couple of doors down from the store with the yellow front. They have all kinds of original remotes. My Samsung broke and I got an original one (not exactly the same as the one that broke) that works perfect.

O.P. states that he already bought a universal remote. For anyone else who need one when theirs dies etc. There is a shop on Theprasit a couple of doors down from the store with the yellow front. They have all kinds of original remotes. My Samsung broke and I got an original one (not exactly the same as the one that broke) that works perfect.

hi michael

following your previous advice i went there to get a couple of remotes for DVD's and as you say they do have a good selection but unfortunately only for TV 's

its a good tip anyway

thanks for sharing

I need an LG TV remote as well and i live near Theppasit. Can you give me an idea of how far down the road, left or right. Thanks

Amorn Electronic at Tukcom underground floor. They have a large selection, including LG.

Amom does NOT have any remotes that will work with LG. I was there a few days ago.

The Universal remote I found that works perfectly is available at Big C Extra on Pattaya Klang.

Amorn Electronic at Tukcom underground floor. They have a large selection, including LG.

Amom does NOT have any remotes that will work with LG. I was there a few days ago.

The Universal remote I found that works perfectly is available at Big C Extra on Pattaya Klang.

Amorn though do have a repair service that i've used for a remote before that they didn't have

so they repaired my faulty one for 250bt.

There's a stall that sells Second hand(?) remotes in the Tuesday/Friday Market on the Pattaya Tai end of Soi Bukhow.

It's in the part with a roof on rather than the tented bit.

The end nearest the Wat.

Hope you find something.smile.png

What are the chances of a second hand remote in a market to work.

Then try and ask for a refund when it doesn't work.

There's a stall that sells Second hand(?) remotes in the Tuesday/Friday Market on the Pattaya Tai end of Soi Bukhow.

The end nearest the Wat.

thanks to Chas, i went there today

very helpful chap, i got a pioneer DVD remote and a LG DVD remote

said ''you hab problum, bring back''

no need, both work ok

paid 600 baht for the two

so the chances of them working appear to be 2 out of 2 in this case........

thanks again Chas

The end nearest the Wat.

thanks to Chas, i went there today

very helpful chap, i got a pioneer DVD remote and a LG DVD remote

said ''you hab problum, bring back''

no need, both work ok

paid 600 baht for the two

so the chances of them working appear to be 2 out of 2 in this case........

thanks again Chas

Ahhhhh!

That feels nice after Sotsira's reply.

Maybe he should listen to his own signature at the bottom of his postlaugh.png

"

Sometimes to keep it together,

we've got to leave it alone."rolleyes.gif

Chas, my reply was not meant to discredit your advice,

I still stand by what i said.

Second Hand & Market usually spells disaster.

Im very glad that Timekeeper found what he wanted even though i feel

600bt for two S/H remotes is a bit steep considering brand new ones cost the same

if not, even less than that.

Ahhhhh!

"

600bt for two S/H remotes is a bit steep considering brand new ones cost the same

i would add to that statement, ''if you can get them new''

these were older DVD units and second hand was the only option

so thanks to Chas and the helpful guy in the market these old but good quality machines have been given a new lease of life....

Ahhhhh!

"

i would add to that statement, ''if you can get them new''

these were older DVD units and second hand was the only option

so thanks to Chas and the helpful guy in the market these old but good quality machines have been given a new lease of life....

I agree with you, if it is original and work good, the price is ok. The new original remote may cost much more and very hard to find. I can find with chinese copied TV remote online for about 100 baht, but it is for some popular model, and surely not available for DVD Pioneer and LG.

Did you ask Amorn Electronic at Tukcom underground floor?

http://www.amorngrou...ranch.php?id=29

I needed one a while ago for my old Samsung. Amorn did not have one, but I picked one up on Beach Road during one of their street market days, from a guy who had dozens on a tarpaulin on the pavement.

I had a problem with my LG Plasma 2 months ago. They were great at fixing it and cheap too (Main board, 2 service visits with 2 guys = 2600 Baht), but would not give any dates for the parts, which in fact came in 2 days later.