Ipod Nano Repairs

steveolevi

Ipod 4g 8gb battery is dead. I've tried you tube fixes ie. hold this button for 10 sec. etc. Mac care in Kad Suan Kaew wont fix but will gladly swap for 4000 baht - not cost effective. I've been to ALL the phone repair shops on top floor of Kad Suan Kaew and none will touch it. I am quite sure that the battery needs to be replaced. I need recommendation of someone/shop that can do this.

Order the battery from Ebay. After that you have two options. Goto youtube and learn to replace it yourself (very easy and will only take about 10mins, tools come with the battery). Option two is to take the battery to one of the repair shops and have them do it. The main reason why the local repair shops won't fix it today is that they don't stock batteries for the older units. But if you bring in everything they need, they will happily take your money for a quick fix.

The Nano's (4th,5th,6th) generation are quite hard to replace the battery.

They require some tricky soldiering and super easy to mess up the reassembly and damage the screen.

I am interested if anyone finds a good technician to do it... The battery is best purchased from the US/ebay etc.

http://www.ifixit.com/Guide/Installing-iPod-Nano-4th-Generation-Battery-Replacement/1161/1