Bangkok Administration Urges Patience; Storms To Soak City Until Monday

webfact

Maybe a useful Website so at least you know where it's raining!

http://www2.tmd.go.th/radar/bma.php

Patrick

Yep, Thanks for the link. It may be very handy in the future. If I'd looked at it earlier, I wouldn't have postponed my shopping this afternoon. It almost always rains in Din Daeng in the afternoon and we usually don't need weather radar to see it coming. Today, the rains did not come as indicated by the radar. Rain, if any, is far to the west of us and heading southeast. I take periodic screen-shots of the map to track movement. Maybe I'll make a movie and put it on YouTube.

As to fully understanding the radar map, I don't understand why the center of the PPI (Plan Position Indicator) doesn't match the coordinates in the info at the top of the map (13.950000,100.383000 - converted to decimal). Those coords are for Bang Bua Thong or thereabouts. Also, there's the color scale ... Ideas, anyone? Guess I need a course in reading weather radar maps.

Edited by MaxYakov

Maybe a useful Website so at least you know where it's raining!

http://www2.tmd.go.th/radar/bma.php

Patrick

Cant you just look out the window instead ?...rolleyes.gif

What's wrong with BMAs current method? sad.png

Heh, heh. I think BMA has upgraded from the stone to a lynched WR parabolic. Not as environmentally friendly, but doesn't use much power. They've also added a new indicator: Parabolic Melted - Runaway Global Climate Change (for the worse). Why does this remind me of the Cargo Cult science?

Edited by MaxYakov

Also, there's the color scale ... Ideas, anyone? Guess I need a course in reading weather radar maps.

Starting from the 20dB moving down the more dense/intense the reflection/target...ie more signal reflected back...very heavy rain for example could be in 40-50 dB range

Also, there's the color scale ... Ideas, anyone? Guess I need a course in reading weather radar maps.

Starting from the 20dB moving down the more dense/intense the reflection/target...ie more signal reflected back...very heavy rain for example could be in 40-50 dB range

Thanks. It appears as though the PPI center is somewhere in Thon Buri referencing it to the smaller, northern bend in the Chao Phraya. Also, the coords at the top sort-of match with a small box with a smaller circle in the center just less than 30 kms to the north-northwest of PPI center. Coincidentally (or not), this is close to the value given at the top for 'Range: 27.46 km'.

I just haven't been the same since I misplaced that decoder ring ...

Edited by MaxYakov

"Please be patient and be |understanding," Deputy Bangkok Governor Wallop Suwandee said yesterday"

We have tried to contact Moses but he is not picking his phone up or answering his emails and his facebook page has not been updated recently...tongue.png

He left on the Ark, he knew what was coming. I think he took pigs, since the value of bacon is going up.