No Mains Water In Cm Tomorrow?

CMMCB

Hi all,

Not 100% sure this is true, but a friend told me today he heard that the mains water for the whole of CM city will be cut off from 9am till the evening tomorrow. Have tried to confirm from other sources but no luck yet. Apologies if incorrect but thought it worth a heads up just in case.

Anyone else heard anything?

CMMCB

from chiang mai mail site (FB):

Water will be shut off at Wang Singkam Rd. Witchayanont Rd. Tha Pae Rd. and Chang Moi Rd. from 9 am - 11 pm on September 27 as the Chiang Mai Waterworks diverts to a new pipe. For more information please call 0-5323-3479 Ext 116

I thought in most homes we use water from a water reserve tank not main line

That seems to be changing as many people are switching to the new improved service from the PWA. They have been upgrading the infrastructure everywhere in Chiang Mai for at least a year now which is why so many roads have been closed here and there. We switched and the water quality is a big improvement.

By Chiang Mai Gate when they pulled the old pipe it looked brand new. I checked inside no sign of long term rust, the pipe looke prestine for having been buried. They replaced Iron Pipe with plastic, hopefully they knew how to install or they may have trouble with leaks down the road

Edited by moe666

By Chiang Mai Gate when they pulled the old pipe it looked brand new. I checked inside no sign of long term rust, the pipe looke prestine foyr having been buried. They replaced Iron Pipe with plastic, hopefully they knew how to install or they may have trouble with leaks down the road

They don't know how...

They have had to dig up the roads in Sansai at least 5 times to repair leaks over the last few months. They just lay the pipe, glue it (no primer), pour the concrete and hope for the best...sometimes they pump air into the pipes and read a cheap gauge to see if air is leaking out (after the concrete has been poured). I have seen them jackhammer the concrete, repair the leak, and pour concrete over and over again. No testing before the concrete is poured. Makes no sense...

• Like 1

By Chiang Mai Gate when they pulled the old pipe it looked brand new. I checked inside no sign of long term rust, the pipe looke prestine foyr having been buried. They replaced Iron Pipe with plastic, hopefully they knew how to install or they may have trouble with leaks down the road

They don't know how...

They have had to dig up the roads in Sansai at least 5 times to repair leaks over the last few months. They just lay the pipe, glue it (no primer), pour the concrete and hope for the best...sometimes they pump air into the pipes and read a cheap gauge to see if air is leaking out (after the concrete has been poured). I have seen them jackhammer the concrete, repair the leak, and pour concrete over and over again. No testing before the concrete is poured. Makes no sense...

Same applies to most of the house construction jobs that I have been involved with in the past in Thailand--run the pipes, glue them up, plaster, tile and turn on the mains--woops--leaks, but where are they???? Check the pipe runs before encasing them--never.

I find this is too much for my brain to process ignorance is bliss !

They don't know how...

By Chiang Mai Gate when they pulled the old pipe it looked brand new. I checked inside no sign of long term rust, the pipe looke prestine for having been buried. They replaced Iron Pipe with plastic, hopefully they knew how to install or they may have trouble with leaks down the road

Thanks for checking that pipe brother, We need more like you in this country!